[H3] Can you stop the AI from cheating?

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
LoDebar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

[H3] Can you stop the AI from cheating?

Unread postby LoDebar » 02 Jul 2011, 11:12

I'm playing SoD. I've made a map wherein I've disabled Fly and DD (both in the map specifications and each individual mage guild), disabled Tome of Air Magic, disabled Spellbinder's Hat, disabled Angel Wings... and yet I often see an enemy coming over the mountains, completely sequence breaking the keymasters and garrisons I've laid out.

I have opened my save as a multiplayer game and checked the flying hero. Not even once did they have anything that should let them fly.
What I usually do to deal with it is dismiss the hero that flew (sucks for them if they have 30 Titans) and send a good chunk of their money to me via marketplace as a penalty. But you know, two wrongs don't make a right, and I'd rather not have this situation come about.

Warmonger
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warmonger » 02 Jul 2011, 12:59

There can still be Aurora Borealis avaliable.

Though there were many multiplayer maps where AI behaved correctly, so it's definitely possible and you're missing something.
VCMI : the future of Heroes 3!
People just don't care.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 02 Jul 2011, 14:31

Is it a tower hero? I often noticed this bug, one wizard starts to fly around without having the spell. There is nothing to do about...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 02 Jul 2011, 17:31

Salamandre wrote:Is it a tower hero? I often noticed this bug, one wizard starts to fly around without having the spell. There is nothing to do about...
There's definitively possible to do something - as this never happened on my maps - where the spells were edited - in the town. Globally the spell was allowed. And all heroes were edited as well, non-modified disabled.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

LoDebar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LoDebar » 02 Jul 2011, 18:15

Salamandre wrote:Is it a tower hero? I often noticed this bug, one wizard starts to fly around without having the spell. There is nothing to do about...
Most of the time, yes. Once it was an inferno hero... or the inferno could've hired a tower hero from a tavern, I can't remember.

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 10 Jul 2011, 05:35

Don't forget scrolls.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”