My latest map Undead Apocalypse

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 30 May 2011, 13:17

Salamandre wrote:Nice work! :applause:

But the main hero skills/specialty are also in the challenge. Changing him to the one you are used to play on every other map is weakening the map and the specific gameplay. That's why SOD has so many flaws, you can go around at every step.

Sandro has teleport, can you show a few pics of your battle?
it's a classic tactics in playing a hentai map.

first,Elleshar learns 'water magic'/'earth maigc' /'ballistics',so you can block the door.

'summon earth elementals' is a magic scroll,you can pick up it early.

so firstly exhausted Sandro's shots and manas,and rise 100 more sharpshooters,AI will not fly out,then you can shoot the fly troops one by one,at last shoot his infantry after rise your archangels(which can rise left sharpshooters in one turn)

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 30 May 2011, 13:33

Yes this I know, because I already saw your screens from chinese walkthrough. I was just asking what's the point in playing new maps if you always use the same tactic, no matter what the mapmaker wants.

In my game Sandro flies out, and then teleports his troops one by one. But I guess he will have a different behavior if he thinks you are not enough strong.

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 30 May 2011, 14:54

Salamandre wrote:Yes this I know, because I already saw your screens from chinese walkthrough. I was just asking what's the point in playing new maps if you always use the same tactic, no matter what the mapmaker wants.

In my game Sandro flies out, and then teleports his troops one by one. But I guess he will have a different behavior if he thinks you are not enough strong.
:D I don't know,I try to cast 'force field' and rise sharpshooters,and then I found he will not fly out,maybe he think my sharpshooters are so weak that it needn't kill them by his main troops. ;|

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 02 Jun 2011, 04:02

done it :D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Jun 2011, 18:06

Chinese maps. Cool. :D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

qiox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby qiox » 21 Aug 2011, 03:55

Thanks for the fine map.

I actually beat it on my 1st try. My tactics for Boragus when I first met him was ... run away! I was able to circle his lands getting all the parts of the Angelic Alliance without him catching me. After that I had the town portal scroll and all the troops I needed to finish the map.

However, just now on my 2nd try at the map something very odd has happened making it impossible to finish.

Sandro is dead. But he never opened the quest gate in the top left corner (Only Sandro may pass), preventing me from getting in there to take the 3 towns. I used the cheat code to reveal the map to confirm that he is not in there (and I remember killing him a long time ago).

Looking at the map, I have no idea how he was able to town portal out of that little corner (cursed ground all over).

Anyone else have this problem?

popabogdan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby popabogdan » 31 Oct 2011, 20:24

Very nice map right now im beating the Barbars,its m4 w2 d3 because it seems the barbars are scared by the elfs :| so i gave them 1m+ chance to destroy their a$$.
But they still didnt,look at that pictures:
As you can see they have more than enought army to defeat elfs(The one in the picture is vey because kilgor was beated in the first month and boragus loved me too much and attacked me 2 times :-D )
Also an similar story happens to the other elfs(the ones at necros) The only one who came is just aislin with a little army and remains in the castle and gem with 170 Dragons doesnt attack him.
Look at that pictures to see:

Return to “Heroes I-IV”