My latest map Undead Apocalypse

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 12 May 2011, 19:33

I am glad you two are going at this map with your own strategies lol. I am kinda with valery on this one we have a similar kind of play. I also left the cloak and played the map in a similar way to how valery is playing it now.

Also sandro is much harder this time than in the first playtest build so beware of him.
Taking out the barbarians early is a mistake, if you are beating borogus early then deesa or kilgor will have a huge army and you wont be able to handle them when they come for you.

Either way im glad you guys are having fun with the map.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 12 May 2011, 22:05

Update, map runs smoothly without problems, got town portal, much needed.

Then tan/blue are gone some days later.

Sandro broke garrison, does not look very impressive. I don't know what to do now, go for grail or kill necro and finish game. Will see after tomorrow when I get again time :D

What does Sir Mulich for? I dismissed him, hope wasn't part of a quest, he is no valuable hero at this point.

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 13 May 2011, 00:37

Salamandre wrote:The speed is not so important here. You can kill Deesa and Boragus early if you catch them with little army, but then it will be a nightmare to capture the stronghold towns, unfriendly positions. And if Deesa and Boragus are weak, that means the army is on other heros. For me the most important was to go out when Christian is able to kill all barbs AND take the angelic artefact without needing any more troops from home. Then it goes fast.

If you go out before month 2 I think that you will not be able to take the artefacts without secondary heros chain to bring reinforcements. Tell me what day you have all the parts of the angelic alliance.
yes,I find Boragus comes here with strong troops and high stats 8|
I will try to kill him by h/r,built a mgae guild level 2 that have lighting or ice bolt spells :D

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 13 May 2011, 05:34

Good job peeps it looks like you are both cracking on. Valery will you try to finish the map and will you be taking on the hidden boss??.
Sir mullich was there basically to collect troops each week so you could do more exploring with catherine.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 13 May 2011, 18:16

Sandro was easy, lost only clones. He put a correct fight, launching air shield/mass slow (cloak) then mass haste. But he had not the power to defeat 1200 archangels and stuff.

As for the hidden hero + grail + conflux and goodies, I appreciate seeing my name lol, but those quests are timing bad placed, I think. To reach them, you must defeat Sandro first. But once Sandro is gone, there is no need of anything more, except rush for his few towns and finish game.

If I can suggest a thing, would be to use the monolith 2 ways near Catherine (129.3.1) and duplicate it to reach all those hidden things, without any borders gate which are far away in necro land. Just put Christian as condition. In this way, we can take the grail, then defeat Sandro and finish with a clean score.

Also I dislike a bit the presence of force field in guilds, but I am sure others will enjoy it. It makes the azure dragons a cake walk, while I am sure it was not intended.

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 14 May 2011, 05:03

Hmmm maybe the map plays differently when i faced sandro he had 4000+ power litches and 10,000+ skeletons. Great job on clearing the map valery i think as a version 1.0 its very enjoyable and offers a degree of difficulty.

I will probably look more into a much more difficult map lata on and maybe release a version 2.0 of the map especially if it gets a good dload and many players enjoy it.
Something to surely think about in the future.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 14 May 2011, 15:09

The grail in the conflux gave me a nice selection of spells :D

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 14 May 2011, 19:00

By the time you take the conflux im guessing its game over lol. You prolly already cleared the map.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 14 May 2011, 19:33

Yeah, that was my "complain", I would love to have those quests when we need them. :ill:
Except DD and fly, of course. The conflux could be prohibited to build the grail. But now I am flying across slaughtered lands, so there!

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 15 May 2011, 05:22

How did you get on with skull n bones i hope they were friendly to you??

Yeah those spells are kinda end game allowing you to clear up anything on the map before ending it.

I will probably work on a 2.0 version at some point and make it incredibly hard like almost impossible to beat except for the odd pro player.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 May 2011, 10:48

Just remember that an unbeatable map gets boring veeery quickly ...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 15 May 2011, 15:16

I expend 5 archangles to defeat Boragus,it is a pity that I can't catch him :D

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 15 May 2011, 15:23

wow,I get more than 100 titans :devil:

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 15 May 2011, 15:27

this is my main hero,Christine is my second hero now.

I think he will be my third hero if I level up Sir Mullich ;|

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 16 May 2011, 11:47

Kalah wrote:Just remember that an unbeatable map gets boring veeery quickly ...

When i say unbeatable i would mean incredibly hard. no map is unbeatable and i would finish it myself first before i ever released it.

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 17 May 2011, 10:11

ok,I translate it into a Chinese edition and post it in our forum.

However,I change some thing:
1.ban the heroes who can learn 'slow' or have 'scholar' skills
2.you must defeat Salamandre to capture victory
3.ban almost undead heroes who can't be recruited by players except Straker(it is Easter eggs :D If you like the cloak of undead king,you have to recruit Straker to collect liches)
4.grail can't be put into the conflux city however I put some magic sholar and a 5th magic hat in the map. :-D

that's all.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 17 May 2011, 15:17

Those were exactly my suggestions as well, except Salamandre which is a "last version" hero. And actually he is much easier than Sandro, because "stand still", 2 steps from a town and alive units = berserk/blind works. It would be wise to firstly play the map until the end before making any modifications.

The presence of scholar/slow heros allow a lot of "go around" ways which make the map easier. But nothing prohibits a player to go through this map by restricting himself from cheesy tactics. Kalah already hit the point, harder the map, less players enjoy it. And for an good player, he can use his own restrictions if he is masochist, so I am pleased with the last version.

Maygwan, AI can cast town portal on cursed ground, it has no limitations. Therefore, there is no need for Sandro quest gate, which he never opens. The player can get stuck in that area, if he did not save before.

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 19 May 2011, 09:53

Thanks folk when i sort out a version 2 i will fix the odd things. Like valery pointed out players can choose cheesy tactics if they need to or play it like i did the hard way lol.

If folk are new to homm3 and not vets this map poses a huge challenge.
Pro players will always find ways around things but even then this map will require a few re starts or replays.

Overall i am very happy with the finished 1.0 version and will at some pt make a 2.0 version with a few changes.

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 30 May 2011, 11:13

use Dessa to attract Sandro,and I train Elleshar who has 'intelligence' specialty.

then I can defeat Sandro in M3W2

then I needn't to give the guard 'angelic alliance',because I have got 'town portal' scroll of Sandro :D

Although it is a Chinese version edited by me ;|

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 30 May 2011, 11:55

Nice work! :applause:

But the main hero skills/specialty are also in the challenge. Changing him to the one you are used to play on every other map is weakening the map and the specific gameplay. That's why SOD has so many flaws, you can go around at every step.

Sandro has teleport, can you show a few pics of your battle?

Return to “Heroes I-IV”