Question(s) about HOMM3 Artifacts

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Corbon
Peasant
Peasant

Question(s) about HOMM3 Artifacts

Unread postby Corbon » 11 Jan 2011, 23:59

Do the effects of regular artifacts stack on top of combo artifacts they're part of?

Examples:

Bow of the Sharpshooter (30) + Angel Feather Arrows (15) = 45
Cornucopia + Everpouring Vial of Mercury = 2 Mercury
Elixir of Life (25+4) + Vial of Lifeblood (2) = 31

---

There's one stat boosting artifact I know of that stacks with itself, the Quiet Eye of the Dragon. In fact it's the only hero stat-boosting artifact of which you can wear more than one.

Are there any other artifacts that stack with themselves? Resources boosters maybe?

---

Battle Dwarves (40) + Expert Resistance (20) + All Magic Resistance Artifacts (5+10+15) = 90% Resistance?

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 12 Jan 2011, 09:05

yes,most of your examples are right :D

but the sharp bow has no other additional effect 8|

Corbon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Corbon » 12 Jan 2011, 10:06

That didn't help at all...

And combo artifacts still retain the effects of the normal artifacts they're made of.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 12 Jan 2011, 11:36

I don't think combo artifacts' effect stack on top of the original artifacts' effect. But I could be wrong I haven't player heroes 3 in ages.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 12 Jan 2011, 15:58

Logically thinking, they should stack. After all, the easiest way to implement an inventory is to iterate through every slot and apply any effects there are every turn. And yea, if eyes stack, then why should regular artefacts be different?

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 12 Jan 2011, 18:33

Place Ivor with one elf and all artefacts you want to test. Place 1 golem near. Test archery and HP bonuses against the golem, then go next day to see your resources. Done, you have your answers. :snore:

Corbon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Corbon » 13 Jan 2011, 02:15

GreatEmerald wrote:Logically thinking, they should stack. After all, the easiest way to implement an inventory is to iterate through every slot and apply any effects there are every turn. And yea, if eyes stack, then why should regular artefacts be different?
Quiet Eyes stack, probably because they only boost hero stats and they are the only hero stat boosters of which you can equip two at the same time. Artifacts that boost morale and/or luck (Still Eye) don't stack with themselves.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”