teach you how to defeat Vodial

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

teach you how to defeat Vodial

Unread postby benbird » 10 Jan 2011, 10:52

eh,this a save of some player about 'wayfaer'

Now,I teach you how to defeat him without loss:-0

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/26169182/Vidial.GM1

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 10 Jan 2011, 10:59

firstly,change Yog's equipment,I like pendant of courage,and 'armageddon' is not our main spell to attack the enemy,it will waste our more manas.
take 1 mage and 1 pegasi(whatever they are low level or upgrade),1 mage can reduce 2 manas casted by you every turn in one combat and pegais will increase 2 manas casted by the enemy every turn in one combat,so remember take these creatures if you want to exhaust the enemy's manas:-)

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 10 Jan 2011, 11:00

now enter the combat.
firstly,cast 'force field' to protect the archdevils

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 10 Jan 2011, 11:02

he will cast 'stone skin' and 'shield' if he like,whatever he casts,you cast 'prayer' next turn and cast 'force field' again at this place.

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 10 Jan 2011, 11:05

at this place,he likes to cast 'clone' ,if in the oringinal place ,he likes to cast 'slow',if he does,cast 'haste',and you always find a way to antimagic your archdevils.
but now,you needn't:-)

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 10 Jan 2011, 11:08

it is very easy to exhaust his manas,archdevils wait and kill one 'clone',use 'magic arrow' to kill another 'clone'.

now,you expend your 9 manas every 2 turns and he will waste 44 manas every 2 turns

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 10 Jan 2011, 11:10

his manas will be exhausted soonly,and you have much more manas yet-)

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 10 Jan 2011, 11:14

then 'slow' them and try to 'berserk' them :D

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 10 Jan 2011, 11:21

the effort is not very good because Yog has no fire magic
so 'bless' and try to use 'frenzy' archdevils,this manas can increase the troops attack skill strongly.

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 10 Jan 2011, 11:23

ok,I defeat him and leave 300 more manas:-)

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 10 Jan 2011, 11:26

btw:
you had better to defeat the enemy by a hero with fire magic,because expert fire magic 'berserk' is very stronger magic in this map:-)

I defeat the followed enemies by Gem,for she learns fire magic and she is an 'armorer' spcialty hero.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 11 Jan 2011, 19:24

That's why I prefer WoG over SOD, such exploit of AI weakness is not possible. In WoG AI will cast dispel when necessary and remove your force field.

Black orb, berserk, prayer/haste, archdevils, badge of courage (immune to blind) and force field, I don't see how even a newbie can lose this. Sitting behind a force field for 40 turns and just wait AI to exhaust his mana on useless spells because he wasn't given the right ones is not the battle I would like to be proud of.

The only thing that could make this battle realistic and rewarding would be to give to AI dispel and force the player to fulfill a quest giving sphere of permanence before this battle. Makes sense then.

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 12 Jan 2011, 04:05

Salamandre wrote:That's why I prefer WoG over SOD, such exploit of AI weakness is not possible. In WoG AI will cast dispel when necessary and remove your force field.

Black orb, berserk, prayer/haste, archdevils, badge of courage (immune to blind) and force field, I don't see how even a newbie can lose this. Sitting behind a force field for 40 turns and just wait AI to exhaust his mana on useless spells because he wasn't given the right ones is not the battle I would like to be proud of.

The only thing that could make this battle realistic and rewarding would be to give to AI dispel and force the player to fulfill a quest giving sphere of permanence before this battle. Makes sense then.
yes,this is AI of H3:-)
for some BT(hentai) maps,this is only a solution to defeat the enemy.
However,this enemy has no 'dispel' spell in this save:-0

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: teach you how to defeat Vodial

Unread postby Pol » 17 Apr 2018, 09:57

I assume that images from this thread, including the save are lost. What a pitty.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “Heroes I-IV”