The Spoiler of 'Wayfarer'

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: what to do if Neela has teleport?

Unread postby benbird » 22 Sep 2011, 05:58

cjlee wrote:Ben, I have a little problem.

Now I'm at the battle in Voronichy (The northern Bracada city) vs Neela. I have a HUGE problem. Neela has Teleport! Very quickly, she figured she can't win with her shooters hampered by my dragonflies (I used dragonflies rather than pegasus). So she TP her Naga Queens in and that's the end of the story! Naga Queens killed Behemoths and Thunderbirds really fast...

What shall I do? Looks like I must abandon my dream of seizing Bracada and use hit-and-run instead hoping that Neela will divide her armies?
Sorry for late,I have long time not to login in this site :D

Neela must cast some spell,if she has no spell instead of 'teleport',then will 'teleport',so you must cast 'dispel' when she is ready to cast 'teleport',she will cast some accessory spells just like 'stone skin','shield' etc at first.

btw:I use pegasi because it can increase the enemy's exhausted manas +2 every turn,so you can exhaust their manas easily,dragon flies have no this skill.

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 22 Sep 2011, 05:59

maygwan wrote:Great map and guide benbird. I did follow some of your guide but did alot of stuff different. I found dracon to be the hardest early game. Once you get past mutare the rest of the map is quite easy.

Still i really enjoyed it and the guide was a great help. There are some crazy battles in your guide and you certainly schooled me in the art of playing homm3.

etbasch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Good job.

Unread postby etbasch » 07 Apr 2012, 13:53

I would never finish the map without your help. It's a great map. If you're not a creator, how did you find out about all these secret passages and hidden objects?

1. I chose Yog as my main hero, because I don't like to change my loyalties, though Ciele was a great help in completeng the map. I still spent 16 months to complete it unlike you. 8| I didn't choose tactics for him so doing some parts of the map was quite tough for him. But, as I had more time I gathered more army and managed to win fights by strength where tactics couldn't work.
2. Here some notices about fights and your guidence. Firstly, the fight against Xeron. Yes, he had Devils speciality, but Yog has Ring of Wayfarer so the speeds were equal. And as his Devils stood at the lowest cell and I was the attacker - all my stacks of devils moved first. You can see some of my fights here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuy_ncoBhGM
3. Battle against Gunnar. It's strange, because at the beginning my azure dragon moves first. I cast 'forse field' and fly into it. He casts 'prayer' the same round and next round moves first, of course. Then I cast 'prayer' too and our speeds are equal. But no matter what I do - wait, defend, cast on azure dragon or on cyclopes - the next round his ADs move first! I don't know what to do and how to avoid it, because I once did this fight and everything worked properly.
4. I've noticed that AI player behaves differently after a number of reloads of the same fight. Why? Is it random?

Thanks for the walkthrought and good luck!

judovana
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

better way to defeat the inferno armies

Unread postby judovana » 30 Apr 2014, 18:41

hi! Thanx for nice wakthrough. You are making pplayer to enjoy the most of this map.
And good work in battles!

There is better way to defeat the inferno armies;

Take yog, with 5x one efreet all archdevils(min of 25) you can, and all cyclops you can. Put all the units to upper left corner: (C-cyclops, e efreet, A archdevils)
ceee
aee
e (7th from right, important, so enemi do not cast mast heist )

You are moving always first. (you have the ring and are attacker) Spirit of opression is also worthy.

Blind his devils
deffend on your devils and efreets
He blinds yours cyclops
move efreets, to kill you one efrret in front

his troops moves(no one reach) then magogs shoot - unblind your cyclops, and fireboll do not hurt your efreets!
use cyclops to kill part of efreets

new round - blind somebody.
he blinds you and unblinds you
kill another part of efreets,
..and os on and so on

Before he cut through the units, you blind him all

Then resurrect, and kill one by one
(one more improvement - you resurect all, but! your cyclops kings move last, so you can not blind after shot - fix this by summoning (needs haste and prayer to devils) earth elementals

Quick, chap and clean ;)

judovana
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

better way to defeat the inferno armies (fix e (7th from ...

Unread postby judovana » 30 Apr 2014, 18:44

e (7th from right, important, so enemi do not cast mast heist )

ha! forum consumed spaces:)
this single, to-be-sacrificed-first efreet must be in reach of enemi efreet. But only of efreett. So place him on aprox third from top and seventh from LEFT (sorry for confussion)

sokinoti
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sokinoti » 06 Jun 2014, 17:24

All the photos are down :-( Can anyone please help?

Saastopaa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Saastopaa » 04 Aug 2014, 15:18

Where is the sword of hellfire? Can't find it because there is no photos.

sokinoti
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sokinoti » 04 Aug 2014, 16:10

Hi. The sword of hellfire is hidden behind the forsaken palace, on the right of the inferno town "Durban" and on the bottom left corner of the map. Also the golden bow is hidden behind the cloud temple near the tower city "Montevideo". Sometimes the map editor can help you find objects. ;-)

Saastopaa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: The Spoiler of 'Wayfarer'

Unread postby Saastopaa » 23 Nov 2016, 22:38

Any slim chance to get the photos back? I just remembered that this great map was unfinished but now I'm totally stuck.

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 23 Nov 2016, 23:11

https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/ ... er#p366325

The first part is about Way Home, the second part is about Wayfarer.
Last edited by Steven Aus on 23 Nov 2016, 23:13, edited 1 time in total.
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

martii01
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby martii01 » 17 May 2017, 01:21

Rly nice map and playing. Ive done this map for 16 months without the helping of this site but after ive seen it i understood how this game can be done, rly fast. ;) Continue with the topics ;)

Return to “Heroes I-IV”