strategy of h3 campaign development

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

strategy of h3 campaign development

Unread postby benbird » 05 Nov 2010, 07:21

Eh,I downloaded Koni's save of the Second Sighisoara campaign last night.And I think maybe somebody need a tactics about this age-old game:-)
I can't write much details of fighting in a combat,just give some development concepts.

First,when you play a map,you must know how's your advantage or weakness.

Generally,the players are out of money at first,so you must capture some mines or pick up some resources,build town hall firstly.(If you start the game in 100% difficulty,the money is not your weakness.)

Second,you must defeat the monsters which guard mines,artifacts or some garrison.So you have to need powerful troops to defeat them.Every species have their strong army,you need build their lair fastly.Of course,maybe you can't build the highest troops of the species early,so you must know what' s important troops in the diffrent town when you have no such money to build high level monsters' lair.

Then I will give you some advice(about early period) :
Castle Towns
the best monster is Marksman,you must use this troop to MF(magic found,means capture mine and pick up artifacts),other troops are coordination of military operations until you can have angels.
Dungeon Towns
this town is hard to MF,its best monster maybe is Infernal Troglodyte,and harpy hags just are coordination.Black dragons are very far away in time:-(
Fortress Towns
Wyvern Monarch need be build fastly,aid tent is coordination,this can MF major place.Of course you must capture somewhere by Gnoll Marauder and Lizard Warriors.
Inferno Towns
Another town of hardly MF,its 1 or 2 level troops are weakly I think,you need hold on until you have Efreet Sultan:-(
Necropolis Towns
the best monster certainly is skeleton,plenty of skeletons can chanllenge any monsters which guard mines,certainly,if you have Vampire Lords,I think you can give the enemy a good scare:-)Walking Dead is very weak,so you needn't recruit them if not necessary.
Rampart Towns
Centaur Captains and Grand Elf are the powerful forces.
Stronghold Towns
Wolf Raider and Thunderbird are good coordination,this town can build Behemoth very quickly.
Tower Towns
Master Gremlin and Obsidian Gargoyle are good coordination,titans are very hard to build;-(
Conflux Towns
Sprite and Storm Elemental are very powerful forces.

Ok,if you can MF by the above troops not other powerful forces,I think you will expand your area in 2 weeks,that means you can gather more resouces to defeat the enemy.

btw:this arcticle maybe is not good to learn 8| ,I think my expression is poor :-D

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 05 Nov 2010, 08:10

Those are basic strategy concepts, however you must know how to use them. I don't see in your strategy nothing about link/chain heros, and this is the most important aspect in early development. One hero is not enough to expand early, you must use as many as are necessary for the kind of map you play. Placing them wisely so they can cover more and more area is the key to fast expand.

A mage guild build early can save a lot of HP. You neither cover the aspect of experience vs gold from chests. In general, if the map is not rich, it is better to pick gold from chests, but in special cases, experience is MUCH better, ie you have advanced earth and a chest is waiting you. Of course, get the experience and upgrade to expert earth.

The specialty of heros is very important too. While troglodytes are main force of the dungeon for example, getting Shakti on first day is doubling their strength. Crag Hack, Mephala and Ivor are exceptional heros if on day one too.

And Inferno: demons farming is the best strategy and some use to forget it when playing Andrew Tanzi maps.

Tower: nagas! One of the best creature.

PS: your english became very good! I wish we could write in chinese as you write in english. Congrats

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 08 Nov 2010, 05:10

Salamandre wrote:Those are basic strategy concepts, however you must know how to use them. I don't see in your strategy nothing about link/chain heros, and this is the most important aspect in early development. One hero is not enough to expand early, you must use as many as are necessary for the kind of map you play. Placing them wisely so they can cover more and more area is the key to fast expand.

A mage guild build early can save a lot of HP. You neither cover the aspect of experience vs gold from chests. In general, if the map is not rich, it is better to pick gold from chests, but in special cases, experience is MUCH better, ie you have advanced earth and a chest is waiting you. Of course, get the experience and upgrade to expert earth.

The specialty of heros is very important too. While troglodytes are main force of the dungeon for example, getting Shakti on first day is doubling their strength. Crag Hack, Mephala and Ivor are exceptional heros if on day one too.

And Inferno: demons farming is the best strategy and some use to forget it when playing Andrew Tanzi maps.

Tower: nagas! One of the best creature.

PS: your english became very good! I wish we could write in chinese as you write in english. Congrats
Thank you :D

about link/chain heros,I think this need that the players do it better after many combat or see much more spoilers in our site:-)

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 08 Nov 2010, 08:56

And thank both of you for your strategy tipps!

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: strategy of h3 campaign development

Unread postby MadMax » 03 Dec 2015, 15:52

Benbird, what did you think about the campaign? :)
"By the power of Zelas!"

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 03 Dec 2015, 18:16

Is Benbird still here? Last post was in April 2013 ...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 04 Dec 2015, 12:26

A tragic loss of the community if he doesn´t find his way back. We need dedicated players like him to come here more often! :)
"By the power of Zelas!"

Return to “Heroes I-IV”