[H3SoD] Crag Hack 1st campaign problems

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Lord of the Guns
Peasant
Peasant

[H3SoD] Crag Hack 1st campaign problems

Unread postby Lord of the Guns » 19 Oct 2010, 06:08

OK I stuck at Mission 3. "Crag Hack must retrieve the rib cage thing to win, if he was beaten, mission fails" this map has a default difficulty of Expert (Queen)... How does anyone win this missions?

For me i've played this mission in Normal difficulty (Knight), and i can't make it through the Month 2, regardless that i've got all Gold mines inside rough canyon territory, seized all barbarian dwellings (Two Roc nest, Two Ogre fort, and two wolfrider houses). it is still hard for me. I do.. however, survive earlier raids (enemy usually flees after a few actions, regardless that they sometimes come up with level 6 or level 7 creatures). before the main undead host attacks. i've been through another necromancer raid but... sadly, it is a Phyrric victory, heavy casaulties without decisive victory (i.e. enemy retreats) maybe i might do something wrong, but i believe that in this mission, player doesn't begin with a stronghold but have to seize one (keymaster tent required) ... this is not quite a problem because i've got the first town within 3 days. (at best.... without a cheat. and I believe getting onto that town much sooner is impossible).

OK guideline please.

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Spin » 21 Oct 2010, 07:16

It's one of the hardest missions, the campaign is actually extremely hard. If you did mission 2 i'd say you could do this one.

Firstly, having lots of heroes is always a good thing. They'll have one crazy hero with animate dead and tonnes of units, it's best to avoid him for a while and distract him by taking other towns (necropolis and castle to the east)

The Stables are always a good idea for Crag Hack to use before attacking, and the hill fort to the south of the starting town is also good, although the main enemy hero lurks around there quite a lot.

Otherwise, all you have to do is get the border gate and get to the southeast corner of the map and kill the 30 power liches or so, you can try to run through the map after a while, most of the missions in that campaign are designed so you don't beat the enemy before you get the artifact.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”