What difficulty do you use in single-player? (H3)

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

What difficulty do you use in single-player? (H3)

Easy
3%
Normal
15%
Hard
27%
Expert
15%
Expert
15%
Impossible
25%

Total votes: 88

keanu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby keanu » 18 Apr 2008, 11:27

Pol wrote:So I guess that inicial town what you meant is Rampart.

That's excellent, simple and agile town. With good tactics just first three units are usually enough to sweep the area. Of course concentrate on number of Elves, this is making huge difference.

Maybe two starting heroes, for army boost. :D
i got mixed up with the other town;yeah,of course it's Rampart!

i usually start with a ranger hero(quite obviously considered the initial city)and 10-15 centaurs and 3-4 dwarves and sometimes even 3 wood elves,but not very often)
there are a dwarven treasury south of the city guraded by 4 stacks of 60-80dwarves(15-20 each),than south west 30stone golems in 6 stacks of 5 each or 30 wrights split up in the same way guarding another treasure chest and the underground entry(where there's one of the opponents city) and north of the city sometimes 30earth elementals (6 stacks 5each)or 30 flying bees.
i start with town hall(centaur building already built),than homestead ,take other centaurs(reaching 25-28 cenaturs) 3-4 dwarves(reaching 7-8) and 4-5 wood elves(reaching 7-8),after that try to pass through one of the two entries ,but even if a manage to do that my army suffer lots of casualties!
there's also south of the city an easy(guarded by peasants or sprites)dwelling that for 1000gold gives me +1 attack skill,but considered the huge lack of money usually pass it by!
once i decided to wait more time and till i manged to have 14 upgraded wood elves,12 dwarves and 35 centaurs and could pass one of the entries than trying to reach for the underground city,but when i came there didn't succed in defeating the opponent(with 17wrights ,40 skeletons ,6 vampires ,3 liches and 10-15 zombies)

keanu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby keanu » 18 Apr 2008, 14:52

nothing at all!
i'v tried many times the abovementioned chasing a dream ,but played on impossible level with no gold and no resources and only a small treasure chest around(and sometimes there's not even gold but some useless artifact at that point!!)is impossible!
just give it a try and than you'll say i'm totally right!

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Apr 2008, 20:29

Yes, that is a great hinderance but I belive that is doable. If your main pain are money start with Jenova. ;)

(Still this is pretty hard map on Impossible and it may be not the level of challenge which can content human soul.)

Again I think is much easier to lobby for mine recommended map. :devious:
Last edited by Pol on 21 Apr 2008, 09:55, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

keanu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby keanu » 18 Apr 2008, 20:57

i finally managed to pass through the south gate and reach for one of the AI city and even take it with 29 grand wood elves,and 45 centaurs and after that could even defeated the other two enemy heroes that started appearing nearby;now,i'm left with only 15 grand wood elves and decided to build the castle in the just conquered city(it has units like basilisks,dragon fliers , wieverns,etc,etc);now i'm at the 4th week and have two towns with city hall in both and about to reach the capitol in Rampart city!
i have two heroes,one main hero that i use for the main battles and the other one for scouting and for sending reinforcements to the main hero!
the income is 2000 each city but with the capitol will be 6000(4000+2000),than will buy all the troops available in Rampart and send them to the main hero(quite a long way to go to reach the other hero ,though);
it has now started to appear another opponent hero with only two stacks, but with 6 dead knights and 6 vampires that didn't manage to defeat with 15 great woodelves,6 basilisk 18 lizard warriors and 13 lizard archers(fortunately i'v saved the position just before trying to face him!)
any advice now?
it's impossible(i'v read the JJ's guide impossible town guide too)to maintain with such scarce or none resource like in that map,that building plan(in the guide for the Rampartt he said in the first week to build:mage guild,town hall,market,blacksmith,city hall,homestead,than or dendroid archers or citadel and tha first day of 2nd week upgraded homestead ,than reach ,through citadel and castle for the capitol in the same week(impossible on that map to build all that stuff in only two weeks!!);i'm at the 4th week and still have to build the capitol and the castle in one of the city(i have castle in the 2nd city conquered)

bethrezen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bethrezen » 21 Apr 2008, 08:59

I play only impossible...i challenge those who play this difficulty to defeat 7 computers allied on a small map without underground.This is the most hard think i ever found on heroes3.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 21 Apr 2008, 09:28

@keanu
I tried "Chasing a Dream" on impossible, with tower. I finished on somewhere around the middle of second month. I can't say that it's easy, but it's by far not the hardest.
I went after Grail, and so I could rush to Naga Queens. I never used giants, (although built). I was against necro and fortress.

Happy gaming :)
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

keanu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby keanu » 21 Apr 2008, 11:50

i finally managed to win on impossible;after having made mistakes, i'v learned the lesson!now i know what to do and what not to win on impossible at least on that map!
just rushed at the 2nd week to one of the two enemy castles(usually i point at fortress trying (i built only town hall and homestead in the first week than think about saving money and recruited even a second hero to have a more army boost especially if with wood archers along,then on the first of the 2nd week upgrade homestead ,save money one or two days than recruit all the troops(i managed to get 25 grand elves 60-70 centaurs and 20 dwarves(left in the city couse tend to slow me too much),even defeated two enemy armies along the way,than with the other hero created a hero chain for sending reinforcements to the main hero so that he had always the initial amount of army more or less,attacked and took the fortess,than saved money for a day or two, upgrade to castle and take some other reinforcements for th main hero(6 greater basilisks and 12 serpent fliers and leave some troops to defend the city than rushed for the necro by the begininning of the 3rd week and managed to win at last!.......

keanu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby keanu » 21 Apr 2008, 14:41

bethrezen wrote:I play only impossible...i challenge those who play this difficulty to defeat 7 computers allied on a small map without underground.This is the most hard think i ever found on heroes3.

what's the name of the map you're talking about that i wanna try it?

keanu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby keanu » 21 Apr 2008, 14:42

Muszka wrote:@keanu
I tried "Chasing a Dream" on impossible, with tower. I finished on somewhere around the middle of second month. I can't say that it's easy, but it's by far not the hardest.
I went after Grail, and so I could rush to Naga Queens. I never used giants, (although built). I was against necro and fortress.

Happy gaming :)
tell me a harder map than that!

bethrezen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bethrezen » 21 Apr 2008, 20:27

I'm talking in random map!

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 22 Apr 2008, 16:17

keanu wrote:tell me a harder map than that!
Oh, I guess you know Manifest Destinies. Corribus' Traemask is harder also. Also the SoD and WoG (aside the puzzle part) campaigns.
But I didn't played too much H3 lately so I can't recall maps by name now.

Anyhow congrats for the win :)

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Oh, I guess you know Manifest Destinies. Corribus' Traemask is harder also. Also the SoD and WoG (aside the puzzle part) campaigns.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

keanu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby keanu » 22 Apr 2008, 22:11

i'v just tried manifest destiny and compared to chasing a dream it's a quite different matter!
what is the best strategy there,considering that i'm attacked in the first week or in the beginning of the 2nd by a large army and the mines are all outside where the opponenst with big armies stand?

keanu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby keanu » 23 Apr 2008, 14:05

i'm a real fool!
i didn't realize that could join all the armies in the garrison belonging to the colour of the city from which i start!!
now,after having done , rushed to the south enemy city,conquered,than rushed to the eastern city and took it as well and in two weeks time i',v managed to take 3 cities and ,after havin through hero chain ,sent reinforcements to the main hero ,will reach either for the underground passage or for northeastern city!! :D
Last edited by keanu on 24 Apr 2008, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.

keanu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby keanu » 24 Apr 2008, 15:14

i managed to win on impossible manifest destiny as well! :D

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Apr 2008, 16:24

Great! :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 24 Apr 2008, 17:52

Manifest Destiny becomes a MUCH better map if you convert it to Armageddon's Blade format and make all the garrisons NON REMOVABLE. This essentially makes it less of a rush map and more of a tense, true free-for-all map. It makes for a killer multiplayer map.

And to make it even better, replace all the Serpent Fly Hives by Obelisks, and the Dwarf Treasuries by Cyclope Stockpiles (the former give out only crystal, the latter give a balance of resources)

I can make my own modified manifest destiny available for download if you guys want.

I also added a few level 5 units to the garrisons.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”