What difficulty do you use in single-player? (H3)

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

What difficulty do you use in single-player? (H3)

Easy
3%
Normal
15%
Hard
27%
Expert
15%
Expert
15%
Impossible
25%

Total votes: 88

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 15 Apr 2008, 21:30

Most of the time I find myself playing H3 at Expert or Impossible. Since I nowadays concentrate getting the most vibes out of the AI battling games, I voted for Impossible. (although I have run accross some maps where I simply couldn't beat the AI at Impossible. It was...well, impossible)

Anyway, I like to let the AI have a chance every now and then. ;)
It really makes a difference.

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 15 Apr 2008, 22:48

I usualy play at normal, but once in a while when i wanna get mad, i lay hard or impossible, depends on the mood really...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 16 Apr 2008, 01:59

I play 'Hard' constantly.

If I feel a map I'm playing isn't hard enough, I'd rather change the map and give the computer more castles/resources/creatures/ better heroes than playing at a higher difficulty because those harder levels mess up with the game and allow it to cheat.

The easier levels cripple the computer AI and let's face it, it's lame enough as it is that it never needs any crippling.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 16 Apr 2008, 12:39

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:If I feel a map I'm playing isn't hard enough, I'd rather change the map and give the computer more castles/resources/creatures/ better heroes than playing at a higher difficulty because those harder levels mess up with the game and allow it to cheat.
I would say that Impossible is best by all manners, I don't feel AI's cheat to be disturbing.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

keanu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby keanu » 16 Apr 2008, 12:39

i hit the nail on the head with what i'v previously stated about the impossible level(200%);i set the level back to expert(just the previous slide 160%)and managed to defeat the AI rather smoothly on that map(chasing a dream) for three times running!
i could even set my initial gold from 10000(that is the amount with which expert begin with) down to 5000(like heroic level at heroes V),but starting with no gold at all is ,at least on that very map and with that initial town,really quite impossible!

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 16 Apr 2008, 12:44

keanu wrote:i hit the nail on the head with what i'v previously stated about the impossible level(200%);i set the level back to expert(just the previous slide 160%)and managed to defeat the AI rather smoothly on that map(chasing a dream) for three times running!
i could even set my initial gold from 10000(that is the amount with which expert begin with) down to 5000(like heroic level at heroes V),but starting with no gold at all is ,at least on that very map and with that initial town,really quite impossible!
Where did you find that map? It seems that there isn't such a map on CH's map-section.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

keanu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby keanu » 16 Apr 2008, 12:58

Muszka wrote:
keanu wrote:i hit the nail on the head with what i'v previously stated about the impossible level(200%);i set the level back to expert(just the previous slide 160%)and managed to defeat the AI rather smoothly on that map(chasing a dream) for three times running!
Where did you find that map? It seems that there isn't such a map on CH's map-section.
i'v found it in the complete edition(heroes3+4 with expansions) i've bought yesterday in a videogame store!
there are several maps and chasing a dream is one of those!

keanu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby keanu » 16 Apr 2008, 18:07

i'v just started another map(it's a map much richer of resources around than the other one)and set the level to impossible and managed to defeat the AI smoothly! :D

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 16 Apr 2008, 18:27

Try my variation of RoCh and you have it! :-D

The secret goal and desire for most challenging AI fulfilled. And on Impossible.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Apr 2008, 18:51

Normal/Hard... usually Hard unless the map is really difficult.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

keanu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby keanu » 17 Apr 2008, 08:40

Pol wrote:Try my variation of RoCh and you have it! :-D

The secret goal and desire for most challenging AI fulfilled. And on Impossible.
i'v downloaded it,but can't open it;or better when i try to open it,it asks me with what program i want to do that(pdf,rar notepad etc,etc)
what program to choose?

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 17 Apr 2008, 08:47

Well, you just put the file in your "maps" folder in the Heroes 3 map. Then open HoMM 3, and it will be in the scenario's list of the game...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

keanu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby keanu » 17 Apr 2008, 11:07

is there a way to set the initial amount of money at impossible level to 5000gold instead of 10000, like on heroic level at heroes V?
i don't remember exactly the amount of resources but only the gold!

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Apr 2008, 11:31

You don't need to open it, just play it!

The game is designed in Impossible level in mind. So you're starting with resources, based on your location - roughly about 1500 virtual gold and few of ore, wood and others. ;)

Impossible level for H3 means no starting resources.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

keanu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby keanu » 17 Apr 2008, 13:28

Pol wrote:You don't need to open it, just play it!

The game is designed in Impossible level in mind. So you're starting with resources, based on your location - roughly about 1500 virtual gold and few of ore, wood and others. ;)

Impossible level for H3 means no starting resources.
what's so special about the map compared to all the others?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Apr 2008, 14:09

I think that it will be better for you to look into it, and notice what this map has what others don't.
"We made it!"

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 17 Apr 2008, 17:35

I usually play at impossible. I have finished the whole SoD expansion at impossible difficulty at least twice - really fun.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 18 Apr 2008, 04:18

I rarely play at heroes 3...usually hard difficulty, find it easier than heroes 2 on hard difficulty, not sure why though?

keanu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby keanu » 18 Apr 2008, 08:46

what is advisable to build in the first week on impossible level,considering that i'm playing a map with only a treasure chest (the others are all guarded by wandering stacks)and start with no gold and no resources(the initial town in most cases is a fortress,so i usually reach for the dendroids units and upgrade wood elfes if i can)?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Apr 2008, 09:13

So I guess that inicial town what you meant is Rampart.

That's excellent, simple and agile town. With good tactics just first three units are usually enough to sweep the area. Of course concentrate on number of Elves, this is making huge difference.

Maybe two starting heroes, for army boost. :D
"We made it!"

Return to “Heroes I-IV”