What difficulty do you use in single-player? (H3)

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

What difficulty do you use in single-player? (H3)

Easy
3%
Normal
15%
Hard
27%
Expert
15%
Expert
15%
Impossible
25%

Total votes: 88

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 16 Mar 2006, 14:44

I normally play on hard- the AI is at full effectiveness, and doesn't get cheat-resources. The only exception is if a map has a day 1 drain on resources, in which case I play on impossible- If I'm going to play with the penalties, I might as well get the score bonus :D

Nucleon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Nucleon » 16 Mar 2006, 22:00

Qurqirish Dragon wrote:I normally play on hard- the AI is at full effectiveness, and doesn't get cheat-resources.
With all due respects, this is not all true, althought it is indeed what the main menu tells you.

Here you are going to constat the subtler differences.

B-)
(Translated from Silent Speak)

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 17 Mar 2006, 04:20

vote Normal.
I'm an "I suck" kind of player. Regardless of whether it's actually true or not.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Monte Cristo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Monte Cristo » 18 Mar 2006, 01:01

What i find is that the larger the map, the easier it is to play at Impossible, generally i play at Expert or Hard
The truth is out there

Monte Cristo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Monte Cristo » 18 Mar 2006, 01:13

On average, when you have played a map once, it becomes easier to play at a higher difficulty level
Last edited by Monte Cristo on 18 Mar 2006, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.
The truth is out there

dallasmavs41
Demon
Demon

Unread postby dallasmavs41 » 18 Mar 2006, 12:07

Usually expert, but I'm trying to do impossible every once in a while.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 22 Mar 2006, 15:55

Nucleon wrote:
Qurqirish Dragon wrote:I normally play on hard- the AI is at full effectiveness, and doesn't get cheat-resources.
With all due respects, this is not all true, althought it is indeed what the main menu tells you.

Here you are going to constat the subtler differences.

B-)
I knew about the hero quantity limitation changing- but since I normally don't use more than 2 or 3 heroes, I ddin't consider it a limit on the AI effectiveness.
What I didn't realize was the AI is more cautious at those higher levels also.
I still would have preferred seperate settings for AI skill and starting resources, but that's a topic for another thread.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 22 Mar 2006, 18:50

I still would have preferred seperate settings for AI skill and starting resources, but that's a topic for another thread

Why?
I like to playing on highest difficulty but with first resources script (It's must for some maps). I can quickly simulated it on any map, just by adding global event.... anyone can. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 23 Mar 2006, 13:56

Pol wrote:I still would have preferred seperate settings for AI skill and starting resources, but that's a topic for another thread

Why?
I like to playing on highest difficulty but with first resources script (It's must for some maps). I can quickly simulated it on any map, just by adding global event.... anyone can. ;)
But you must WoGify for a script. When I play a map I download, I like to play it w/o WoG, so I get the map designer's intent (particularly since I normally review any map I download and play to completion.)

If it IS a WoG map, then I want the options that the designer intended, so again, I will not add in the script.

For similar reasons, I won't add a timed event for the starting resources to a downloaded map- and there it is also because I do not want to see anything in the editor before playing. I'll check that out enough afterward.

SmokingBarrel
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby SmokingBarrel » 30 Mar 2006, 23:29

voted Expert, but nowadays I hardly ever play single player because I want to teach Banedon a lesson...always losing...:(

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 31 Mar 2006, 02:36

SmokingBarrel wrote:voted Expert, but nowadays I hardly ever play single player because I want to teach Banedon a lesson...always losing...:(
:D

Don't be so modest. Sometimes you win.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 03 Apr 2006, 10:38

Training makes perfect (or at least close to perfect) you know ;)

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Easy

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 06 Apr 2006, 09:48

I am so lame when it comes to difficulty - I voted easy because I hate losing. I wanna win all the time. I know I'm suppose to challenge myself but it seems I always fail when trying something more difficult. I fall apart if I meet an enemy hero who has more than one high level creature...

Damn I'm tired..
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 06 Apr 2006, 14:01

Don't worry, Milla, you've only just started playing Heroes and I think it's quite natural that you play on easy difficulty at this point. I used to as well, then I moved on to normal and now I most often play on hard. Give it time!

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Lame

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 06 Apr 2006, 14:18

To: Metathron:
Yeah I know. I'm just not the patient type. When I say that I am new to this game I mean that I am not as good as it seems like you all are. I have played it for a couple of months and I am getting better. I just hope I get too bored of the easy stuff soon so I will force myself to move a level up! How much time did you give it?
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Vulcanic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vulcanic » 22 Apr 2006, 07:56

Expert. Hard is balanced, which is going to knock the AI out, expert is normal, and impossible is just too unbalanced. But I might try impossible someday when I get Heroes 3 back on my computer again.

Paladin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Paladin » 05 May 2006, 08:34

Expert or Hard. Provides a challenge without numbing your brain.
A cat is fine too...

keanu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby keanu » 15 Apr 2008, 18:53

try to defeat the AI in the scenario "chasing a dream" where one starts with maybe the worst initial town possible(the tower)and with no gold and no resources!
i'v tried it a couple of times,but it really drove me off my rocker and than set the level back to expert!

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 15 Apr 2008, 20:59

I usually play on Normal or Hard difficulties. I like to win once in a while, you know. :D

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Apr 2008, 21:27

I play Impossible but only on known balanced maps. :D
(generally two, Good to Go or my 8th aka Realm of Chaos.)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “Heroes I-IV”