Collecting all MM&HoMM series: best editions?

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Skraelos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Collecting all MM&HoMM series: best editions?

Unread postby Skraelos » 20 Aug 2010, 11:19

Hello everyone.

I have almost every M&M game in Russian, but I really want to have a nice collection of all English titles.

It seems that M&M series would be the easiest: Ultimate M&M Archives (1-5) and M&M Platinum (6-9).

What about heroes? It looks like Heroes of M&M Complete edition is a good choice: HoMM 1, HoMM 2 + addon, HoMM 3 + addons, HoMM 4 + addons, HoMM 5 + addons.

However! The hardest part is Heroes Chronicles. As far as I know, neither 3DO nor Ubisoft released a complete edition including all 6 (or 8 including bonus parts) chronicles, and I have hard time finding Heroes Chronicles in online shops. (I don't want used items from ebay and amazon).

Does anyone know where can I buy all chronicles as well as other listed items? Shipping to Russia is expensive, so I would really like to buy everything in one place.

//Edit: If this topic belongs to another board, please move it there.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Aug 2010, 18:22

Weren't the last 2 Chronicles download only?! Or something like that.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Skraelos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Skraelos » 20 Aug 2010, 18:49

ThunderTitan wrote:Weren't the last 2 Chronicles download only?! Or something like that.
The bonus parts are #5 and #6. They were downloadable-only, yes. 'The final chapters' are actually parts #7 and #8.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Aug 2010, 18:57

Either way, you're out of luck if you want to buy them then.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 21 Aug 2010, 12:16

The Final Chapters are really rare, it took me two years to find a version I could afford. There don't appear to be any available at Amazon or Ebay at the moment. Can only hope that Good Old Games manage to get the rights to them at some point.

blueskirt
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby blueskirt » 21 Aug 2010, 15:41

Yeah, you're out of luck for Heroes Chronicles. Unless Good Old Games can get a license to sell these at an affordable cost and combine them in a single, small installer, I doubt we'll see these games sold anytime soon. NWC should just have sold these as a mission pack expansion if you ask me.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 21 Aug 2010, 21:11

Speaking about Chronicles, did anyone have any luck in running them in 64bit environments? It says that the installer is 16bit and the OS won't run it..

EDIT: Oh, never mind, it just had some problems reading the CD for some reason.

Skraelos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Skraelos » 26 Aug 2010, 03:44

Well, as for Chronicles... I can live without them. I've already paid my toll to NWC and 3DO and the Russian 'Buka' company by buying all Chronicles in Russian, so I won't feel really bad about *downloading* an unoficial chronicles 'campaign' pack for HoMM3 Complete.
It's not the best way and I'll try to find anything, but it will work for now.

As for all the other items:
I really ask you guys for your cooperation. I believe that no matter where you live, you probably have a lot of online game shops in your countries and there might be HoMM games including the ones I desire. It's hard to find ANY HoMM Complete editions still available for reasonable prices.

So if you have some free time, I ask you to give me some links to online game shops with international shipping (international shipping is not a must for USA shops, I have a friend there who can buy the item and ship it to me later), if these shops have the items I've listed (Ultimate MM Archives, any MM 6-9 edition, Heroes complete and probably chronicles... I'm willing to pay up to about ~20-30 $ for a single Chronicle, higher prices seem ridiculous to me even in this situation).

Thanks in advance.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 26 Aug 2010, 04:58

I was trying to do something what you are a few years ago. I bought another Heroes of M&M Complete Edition which was released in UK only - I got lucky to get the only copy available through Ebay. It has no extra goodies but contains all the games up to H5 but that one is without expansions.

I also bought Might and Magic Platinum Edition which by that time already had become quite rare - maybe you still can find them somewhere so I'd try Ebay.

Forget about the Chronicles - they are just not available. While you might get some of the latest episodes, the first are simply nowhere. I've been telling Ubi to make some sort of a pack and either include it in the next Heroes Complete Edition or release separately, nothing so far. I don't think they have the chronicles themselves.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”