Homam 3 multiplayer 2vs2 (2computers)

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Mealiette
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Homam 3 multiplayer 2vs2 (2computers)

Unread postby Mealiette » 18 Aug 2010, 07:18

Is there a way to play with 2 computers a lan game where you have Four players? It seems that the game itself doesnt allow for it :/ or is there another way a much easier way to just get rid of the (heroes of might and magic 3 is already runing) and just run 2 seperate instances on each computer and tab between them? THx a bunch for any way how to get this done :-)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Aug 2010, 09:02

I certainly know, that it can be done in hotseat. So a bit cumbersome way around it could be to use remote desktop or vlc or any other remote management tool ( logmein fe), where you will be virtually playing just from one computer. Though a better internet connection is required.

However I also think that it may be possible even normally. Try to edit the map before playing and set two of wannabe cpu opponets to only cpu players. Then try the map again.

Not MP player myself, so here maybe some much simpler solution still available.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Mealiette
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mealiette » 18 Aug 2010, 09:45

Well the dual win is an option but a really long and tiresome one ... well the problem is my brother and his friend wanna play one pc and me and my friend wanna play second pc something like hooking up 2 hot seat games together the easyiest way i can think of is dualboxing homam3. That would solve everything.

If you run tcp/ip connection there is no way to add another humar if there isnt a hidden key to transform a computer into a human and even still if you join you cant join with two players.

Somebody please heeelp me get rid of the "heroes of might and magic 3 is already runing" with a sort of crack or something :(

solitaire345
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby solitaire345 » 18 Aug 2010, 14:39

Mealiette wrote:my brother and his friend wanna play one pc and me and my friend wanna play second pc something like hooking up 2 hot seat games together the easyiest way i can think of is dualboxing homam3
As far as I know, this isn't possible

Mealiette
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mealiette » 18 Aug 2010, 21:05

Please nooo not such a response, i'm just totally drunk just played a drinking game with my friends and brother totally drunk and such a bad reply i hope there is someone that knows how .. i still believe too bad i dont believe in god.. i think

Return to “Heroes I-IV”