A tutorial for homm3(the spoiler of a Chinese map-way home)

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 17 Aug 2010, 07:52

then fight the faerie dragon :flame:

it need some lucky,the faerie dragon can't cast higher spell :ill:

Separate the genies in order to protect the titan

Last edited by Pol on 28 Mar 2018, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 17 Aug 2010, 08:00

seperate the genies into 2/1/1/1,so the faerie dragon will cast the "ice bolt" or "lightning" not the "inferno" :applause:

then the genie must cast "cure' spell for titan,or titan will die
:-D

titan walk forward to shoot straightly

Last edited by Pol on 28 Mar 2018, 20:28, edited 1 time in total.

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 17 Aug 2010, 08:03

At last,the faerie dragon cast a 'magic arrow' to a genie,so one genie lost :sweat:

get the gold bag

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 17 Aug 2010, 08:07

Rick visit the mercenary camp and pick up the wood,go into the town

have a rest,wait for some money to recruit the troops

soron_young
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

just try

Unread postby soron_young » 17 Aug 2010, 10:26

OK, canceled
Last edited by soron_young on 17 Aug 2010, 10:51, edited 1 time in total.

soron_young
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

笨鸟,我是

Unread postby soron_young » 17 Aug 2010, 10:27

我是 夜雨,能看到的图片吗

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 17 Aug 2010, 10:38

你是捣乱的 :devil:
图片看到啦 :D

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 17 Aug 2010, 10:38

你那张图太大了,晕死啦

soron_young
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby soron_young » 17 Aug 2010, 10:50

汗,我想取消连接都取消不了

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

some questions

Unread postby cjlee » 17 Aug 2010, 13:58

I bought heroes3 (plain vanilla) in Chinese in 1999, but back then the Chinese mapmaking community was weak and I can't find my disc anymore due to long disuse.

But now I'm aware that the Chinese H3 community is still going strong. I'm looking for Timothy Duncan or Charley Watkins-style maps, with strong storylines. So I expect to read a lot of text. I am also keen to find Chinese maps with wuxia themes, especially stuff like Sanguo, Tiancan Bian, Tianlong Babu.

Do you have any recommendations? I don't need translations, but I need stuff that allows Chinese text rendering.

Is there anyway I can read Chinese maps on my US English version of Heroes III?

(I have 南极星 on my computer.)

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 17 Aug 2010, 17:03

Wow, ben's site http://e.ys168.com/?lysfox is good! They even have that wonderful H3 map where you start with one peasant which I can't find anywhere else anymore!!!
(It's now 一个农民打天下.zip 24KB )

Unfortunately...
There seems no way to tell if a map is originally Chinese or if it is a map translated into Chinese. Ben, do you mind introducing me to some of your good Chinese maps? (Those with good stories, preferably wuxia. I used to make my own lousy H3 wuxia maps, including one with the Tower character Piquedram renamed as Zhang Wuji and denounced by all my friends as too ugly to be Zhang Wuji)

Hey, Bytebandit, I can volunteer to translate. I'll do a better job than some software. However, you really have to find me some originally Chinese maps.

btw, here's a quirk of translation:
These so-called Biantai maps translate as... Hentai maps.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 17 Aug 2010, 21:08

comment: dl-ed this map, didn't add their mods so as to avoid having to erase again later.

Very impressed. The walkthrough really taught me things! I've played lots of H3 games but never started with a genie-titan before. Amazed that this walkthrough works so well, but didn't dare play on impossible difficulty.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Aug 2010, 21:25

Site's looking promising. This is however first site which I encountered strictly requiring you to access it from IE or above. With firefox it will gave only *** incompatibility message.

I do not understood content so I can't say more about it, just seen many files. :D

And I vaguely remember some much more complicated walkthrough, also for chinese map, so compared to that, this one is very basic. Which I believe really is, because chinese map mapers are doing one of the hardest maps in the world!
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 17 Aug 2010, 21:37

If you've played Heroes 2 before you may have come across really creative mapmakers. Yes, these maps are exactly like the wonderful H2 and H3 maps of 10 years ago. I'm amazed.

That said, I'm stuck. In week 2! I need to get across the tavern, and nothing I do can get me across. How do you get over that damn tavern? The only tactic I can think of is to get another hero to carry the troops over and conquer another castle, while Rick stays behind. When a new castle is conquered, Rick will launch an attack on the legion of hydras and then flee.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 17 Aug 2010, 23:33

I was thinking I know almost everything about mapmaking, but this map still taught me a lot. The usage of the outcropping hidden by empty mountains is a major innovation. It allows keeping a minimap layout intact and suggestive, as it should be.

The mapmakers who use intensively the random brush should take a look at this map and see what amazing result is given by hard work, good eye, ideas and talent. Awesome!

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 18 Aug 2010, 02:32

Salamandre wrote:I was thinking I know almost everything about mapmaking, but this map still taught me a lot. The usage of the outcropping hidden by empty mountains is a major innovation. It allows keeping a minimap layout intact and suggestive, as it should be.

The mapmakers who use intensively the random brush should take a look at this map and see what amazing result is given by hard work, good eye, ideas and talent. Awesome!
haha,Thank you to act for the author "season" :D

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: some questions

Unread postby benbird » 18 Aug 2010, 03:14

cjlee wrote:I bought heroes3 (plain vanilla) in Chinese in 1999, but back then the Chinese mapmaking community was weak and I can't find my disc anymore due to long disuse.

But now I'm aware that the Chinese H3 community is still going strong. I'm looking for Timothy Duncan or Charley Watkins-style maps, with strong storylines. So I expect to read a lot of text. I am also keen to find Chinese maps with wuxia themes, especially stuff like Sanguo, Tiancan Bian, Tianlong Babu.

Do you have any recommendations? I don't need translations, but I need stuff that allows Chinese text rendering.

Is there anyway I can read Chinese maps on my US English version of Heroes III?

(I have 南极星 on my computer.)
Yes, the Chinese H3 community is still going strong after they are combined into one unit :-D

About Chinese maps, the maps you like are called RPG maps, I recommend one map to you,its name is "愿神传说",English name can be called "the legend of pray god",it is a campaign map and the difficulty is not great.But it is a Chinese text map;-(

the download link is :

http://www.gamerhome.net/bbs/viewthread ... 4%B8%C9%F1

if you can read Chinese ,and register it to post it,you can download it.
If you can't register it,try log into use name "foreign" and password "12345678"

Anyway,I don't know how to upload a .rar file to the internet and share it;-0

About this:"Is there anyway I can read Chinese maps on my US English version of Heroes III?(I have 南极星 on my computer.)" Actually ,I don't know :D you need try it by yourself

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 18 Aug 2010, 05:17

ok.,if you are interested in it, I will go on!

Rick recruit some troops and march out, expend all the money because there will be an event of deduct money after on board. :(

Last edited by Pol on 28 Mar 2018, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 18 Aug 2010, 05:21

learn the "tactics' and kill the zombies.

Last edited by Pol on 28 Mar 2018, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 18 Aug 2010, 05:22

en,some gremlins were still alive,dismiss them for faster movement.

Last edited by Pol on 28 Mar 2018, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”