A tutorial for homm3(the spoiler of a Chinese map-way home)

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 30 Sep 2010, 18:05

Pacifist wrote:Now that we are at times of technology maybe we'll see soon more but in video format
(Certainement pas avec Camtasia, oh dieu, ça ma tué lol)

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 01 Oct 2010, 04:29

Pacifist wrote:Very nice walkthrough Benbird! :)

I learned some new things and it's always a pleasure to learn from this old game :).

The neutral units in first position without pathfinding, the rule of engagement in castle fights with stronger shooters inside ! (this one can help in last fight of Unleashing the Bloodthirsty map vs the Dragonmaster) and the rule of not attacking summonning elementals only army but only shoot them.

For some fights I would have preferred a less lucky approach (enchanter cast or not cast required spell for example) but it's up to me when I play the map to come with something else :). Certainly the time to beat the map will be longer but I will be more satisfied in the end :).

Other fights are simply too long with same pattern. I remember the time when I captured a pyramid for a lv5 spell with a pack of sprites (1 sprite would have been enough too but still longer :) ). Just put the sprite on a precise square and then wait, move, wait for moral, etc always attack last stack that moves to keep same move pattern, .... boring but it was to play for high-score so :). Now I still play for high-score but on condition it remains fun :).

Maybe a question : did all AI heroes have no cure spell on purpose or simply they did not cast it? Blind is very powerfull spell when there is no cure combined with initiative and spirit of oppression.

Well, anyway it was a pleasure to read and look at the screens :). Now that we are at times of technology maybe we'll see soon more but in video format this time to help players that need to learn tactics.

Thanks for sharing all those tactics! :)
Thank your detailed comment :D

Lucky is a part of H3 game and it's also a secondary skill of game. :) So sometime lucky is necessary to play the game I think.

About 'cure',the AI heroes dislike using this magic even they have it.
This magic only is used when their army are injured,sometime they will use it to 'cure' their 'forgetfulness' shooters if they have no other magic to use.
About blind army,AI will not care about them,if they find they have no army to attack,they maybe cure them or dispel them.Usually AI like to unfasten them by 'armageddon' if they have.

Anyway, video format is a better way to teach players that need level up their skills.But its size is too large to upload them or download them.So at the present time I have no idea to do it :D

However,thank you very much again!

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 01 Oct 2010, 04:37

Salamandre wrote:
Pacifist wrote:Now that we are at times of technology maybe we'll see soon more but in video format
(Certainement pas avec Camtasia, oh dieu, ça ma tué lol)
Sorry,I can't read this language. 8|
Is it French?

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 02 Oct 2010, 09:16

Benbird, can you please download this Season save of UTB for us? We can't download it, not enough health...

http://www.gamerhome.net/bbs/viewthread ... D21&page=5

(post 93)

Warmonger
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warmonger » 02 Oct 2010, 17:41

One hour and a half to read it all, but it's priceless walkthrough. Absolutely incredible.
VCMI : the future of Heroes 3!
People just don't care.

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 03 Oct 2010, 11:43

Warmonger wrote:One hour and a half to read it all, but it's priceless walkthrough. Absolutely incredible.
thank you.

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 03 Oct 2010, 11:48

Salamandre wrote:Benbird, can you please download this Season save of UTB for us? We can't download it, not enough health...

(post 93)

Yes,I can download it.
However,how can I give it to you???

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 03 Oct 2010, 12:23

Can you upload it at http://www.multiupload.com/ ?

Or anywhere you prefer. Thanks ;)

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 03 Oct 2010, 12:23

Salamandre wrote:Benbird, can you please download this Season save of UTB for us? We can't download it, not enough health...

(post 93)
ok,I just apply a new mail box at yahoo and email this save to it.
you can get it at www.yahoo.com

user name: ben_bird
password:12345678

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 03 Oct 2010, 12:25

Salamandre wrote:Can you upload it at http://www.multiupload.com/ ?

Or anywhere you prefer. Thanks ;)
Sorry,this site seems to be bannned by our goverment 8|

I can't open it :disagree:

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 03 Oct 2010, 13:52

Pacifist
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pacifist » 03 Oct 2010, 14:07

benbird wrote:

(post 93)
ok,I just apply a new mail box at yahoo and email this save to it.
you can get it at www.yahoo.com

user name: ben_bird
password:12345678
Thanks for the save :).

It's an earlier version of UTB (armaggedon's blade) but it gives an idea of what was done. I wonder how he did vs the anti-magic garrison since there seems to be only brute force that can win this fight and so early not much money to hire sufficient army. I though a trick with chaos hydras and unicorns or basilisks to blind or petrify but only lasts 3 rounds and the hydra trick will last only some rounds since the unicorns or basilisks will soon be dead.

The other fight that puzzles me is vs the magician guarding Bloodthirst town. 3 x 60 titans they kill more than can be resurrected even if low amounts. Expert berserker maybe but still they don't fall so easily...

A pity the google translator gives no clear idea of what happens :(

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 03 Oct 2010, 14:28

Maybe Ben Bird can ask for more saves from the master.

Pacifist
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pacifist » 03 Oct 2010, 22:12

I started the map with WoG but disabled everything except the "show movement script" and "description of dwelling". So it's pure SoD but a little extra info that I like to have :).

I just boarded on day 5 as the walkthrough.

Lost 1 diamond vs the might gorgons.

I had to reload several times vs the master genies because either they cast prayer and I lose a genie or they cast some fireshield and I lose the titan. Finally beat them without casualties. Easy fight but boring to reload...

The faerie also many reloads :). In the end I managed to win without losing anything as I waited with titan and the faerie selected my titan and not a genie ;)

I took the diamonds with me vs the zombies and the ambush. Disn't lose anything either as the diamonds sereve also to cover. The zombies are in 2 groups instead of 3 without diamonds.

The ambush also easy, the master gremlins are still a less desirable threat than 5 master genies so they are not protected by gargoyles and diamonds. Just in the last round the rogues decided to go for the gremlins but it was too late ;).

Well I suppose I did all taht for nothing and I'll have to dismiss the gremlins and diamonds but just for the fun :).

This was the easy part , now more reloads await me lol.

P.S.: benbird, do you know how season did the fight vs the anti-magic garrison in UTB?

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 04 Oct 2010, 09:09

Pacifist wrote:I started the map with WoG but disabled everything except the "show movement script" and "description of dwelling". So it's pure SoD but a little extra info that I like to have :).

I just boarded on day 5 as the walkthrough.

Lost 1 diamond vs the might gorgons.

I had to reload several times vs the master genies because either they cast prayer and I lose a genie or they cast some fireshield and I lose the titan. Finally beat them without casualties. Easy fight but boring to reload...

The faerie also many reloads :). In the end I managed to win without losing anything as I waited with titan and the faerie selected my titan and not a genie ;)

I took the diamonds with me vs the zombies and the ambush. Disn't lose anything either as the diamonds sereve also to cover. The zombies are in 2 groups instead of 3 without diamonds.

The ambush also easy, the master gremlins are still a less desirable threat than 5 master genies so they are not protected by gargoyles and diamonds. Just in the last round the rogues decided to go for the gremlins but it was too late ;).

Well I suppose I did all taht for nothing and I'll have to dismiss the gremlins and diamonds but just for the fun :).

This was the easy part , now more reloads await me lol.

P.S.: benbird, do you know how season did the fight vs the anti-magic garrison in UTB?
great job.

About the UTB' save,I can try to contact the author,but it maybe has a difficulty because the topic was posted very early 8|

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 04 Oct 2010, 09:27

Pacifist wrote:
benbird wrote:
Salamandre wrote:
Thanks for the save :).

It's an earlier version of UTB (armaggedon's blade) but it gives an idea of what was done. I wonder how he did vs the anti-magic garrison since there seems to be only brute force that can win this fight and so early not much money to hire sufficient army. I though a trick with chaos hydras and unicorns or basilisks to blind or petrify but only lasts 3 rounds and the hydra trick will last only some rounds since the unicorns or basilisks will soon be dead.

The other fight that puzzles me is vs the magician guarding Bloodthirst town. 3 x 60 titans they kill more than can be resurrected even if low amounts. Expert berserker maybe but still they don't fall so easily...

A pity the google translator gives no clear idea of what happens :(
I just play it roughly.
It seems that the player had collected the armor of the damned,or it is difficult to vs the anti-magic garrison.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 04 Oct 2010, 10:48

It makes sense, there are 3-4 black markets until then and armor of damned artefacts are easy to find in. And he already has two of them.

Pacifist
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pacifist » 04 Oct 2010, 12:24

Ah yes of course, it bypass anti-magic. Must be assured to find it before then. Needs more reloads :(. In my current game I only have 2 elements of the combo and I'm back at El Regueldo.

For my way home all goes well following the walkthrough :). The hardest (means more reloads needed ;) ) is the one vs the dread knights. I finally used 2 master gremlins to lure more the knights. I took the star axis before fight, it doesn't change anything later since Rikk has enough movement points.

I have an enchanter less (9 starting army) than the walkthrough but 2 master genies more :). I replaced a master genie vs Tim by another gargoyle.

Several reloads to make Wyvern master attack me, put titans last so the genies cast first. Antimagic is not very good here, can screw things later.

I took gold after visiting "summon boat" shrine since the other spell is available later in my game. Just had to redo a fight again :).

Ok, go on:) It's good practice anyway :)

edit : Finally have town portal spell :). Zuljin captured Eyes of Sky, so I'll have to come back with Gabriel, cannot follow exactly your walktrhough lol.

The fight vs the monks is easier than it seems. There is a placement of the 3 genies that guaranties no accident. Important not to let the monks bump into each other. 68 spell points used.

I'm a little ahead with Rick than in the walkthrough, maybe because Qin was too close? Here she is near Claxton. I must pay attention that Gabriel and Rick join before she arrives ;).

Hope Gabriel will be able to capture Eyes of Sky...

edit2 : a video as example of similar fights :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSNMfjUkqQo

edit3 : Gabriel recaptured Eyes of Sky in front of the nose of Zuljin :). After town portal from Quennet, Rick killed Zuljin and now Gabriel is heading to capture Stronghold. I have less troops than in the walkthrough because Eyes of Sky was captured, so I'll have to do with that. Seems I'm in the times :)

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 05 Oct 2010, 02:24

Pacifist wrote:Ah yes of course, it bypass anti-magic. Must be assured to find it before then. Needs more reloads :(. In my current game I only have 2 elements of the combo and I'm back at El Regueldo.

For my way home all goes well following the walkthrough :). The hardest (means more reloads needed ;) ) is the one vs the dread knights. I finally used 2 master gremlins to lure more the knights. I took the star axis before fight, it doesn't change anything later since Rikk has enough movement points.

I have an enchanter less (9 starting army) than the walkthrough but 2 master genies more :). I replaced a master genie vs Tim by another gargoyle.

Several reloads to make Wyvern master attack me, put titans last so the genies cast first. Antimagic is not very good here, can screw things later.

I took gold after visiting "summon boat" shrine since the other spell is available later in my game. Just had to redo a fight again :).

Ok, go on:) It's good practice anyway :)

edit : Finally have town portal spell :). Zuljin captured Eyes of Sky, so I'll have to come back with Gabriel, cannot follow exactly your walktrhough lol.

The fight vs the monks is easier than it seems. There is a placement of the 3 genies that guaranties no accident. Important not to let the monks bump into each other. 68 spell points used.

I'm a little ahead with Rick than in the walkthrough, maybe because Qin was too close? Here she is near Claxton. I must pay attention that Gabriel and Rick join before she arrives ;).

Hope Gabriel will be able to capture Eyes of Sky...

edit2 : a video as example of similar fights :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSNMfjUkqQo

edit3 : Gabriel recaptured Eyes of Sky in front of the nose of Zuljin :). After town portal from Quennet, Rick killed Zuljin and now Gabriel is heading to capture Stronghold. I have less troops than in the walkthrough because Eyes of Sky was captured, so I'll have to do with that. Seems I'm in the times :)
It looks very nice :D
Zuljin is a variable enemy,however,you have already defeated him :D

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 05 Oct 2010, 08:52

Pacifist wrote:
benbird wrote:

(post 93)
idea of what happens :(
ok,the author had answered me.
Do you know what he said by google?
http://www.gamerhome.net/bbs/viewthread ... 3D1&page=7

In brief,the first combat,he use some cannon fodders to block the enemy because some special terrain.The second combat,it needs high morale and 'frenzy'/gold bow.This is a harder fight.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”