[HoMM3] Install Armageddon's Blade over Shadow of Death?

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
jeffh
Peasant
Peasant

[HoMM3] Install Armageddon's Blade over Shadow of Death?

Unread postby jeffh » 16 Aug 2010, 00:34

I have HoMM3 and its two expansions on separate CDs. I recently installed Shadow of Death thinking it would have everything on it, but it doesn't. Can I just install Armageddon's Blade and thereby have the whole shebang, or would I need to knock everything out and reinstall everything to get this effect?

jeffh
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jeffh » 16 Aug 2010, 04:25

I'll answer my own question here, in case anyone else in the same situation comes along later.

When I didn't get a response right away (I was in an uncharacteristically impatient mood today for some reason), I decided to just load AB and see what happened and it worked fine. Apparently AB installs just fine over SoD as well as the original HoMM3.

(Note: I am aware of the trick of simply creating blank files and giving them the names of certain AB files, which fools SoD into unlocking things like the Conflux town type. However, this doesn't get you everything - at the very least you don't get the scenarios.)

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 20 Aug 2010, 15:06

Indeed, AB is quite interesting in that it has separate resources, even a separate executable.

Sass Drake
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sass Drake » 10 Sep 2010, 11:19

jeffh wrote:I'll answer my own question here, in case anyone else in the same situation comes along later.

When I didn't get a response right away (I was in an uncharacteristically impatient mood today for some reason), I decided to just load AB and see what happened and it worked fine. Apparently AB installs just fine over SoD as well as the original HoMM3.

(Note: I am aware of the trick of simply creating blank files and giving them the names of certain AB files, which fools SoD into unlocking things like the Conflux town type. However, this doesn't get you everything - at the very least you don't get the scenarios.)
What do you mean under "you dont' get scenarios". I always have AB maps in SoD list when is AB installed after SoD.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 10 Sep 2010, 12:24

You read that wrong, he meant SoD *without* AB.

Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Artas1984 » 26 Sep 2010, 21:55

Just get Heroes III Complete.

Perhaps you can to sell your CDs to someone for cheap?
That would be a good "promptu".

Return to “Heroes I-IV”