Timothy Duncan's Heroes 2 Maps and Agent of Heaven Campaign

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
SirMulich
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SirMulich » 14 Jul 2012, 18:18

I've finished both maps, GoldHeart was bug-free, Traemask 2 had a few, but nevertheless the map's quality is indisputable. If you have a link where I can download other maps of yours (up to date versions), you are most welcome.
I also play Heroes 2, only one thing bothers me a little, the lack of a "wait" option during the battles :) .

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 17 Jul 2012, 02:09

My completed H3 (vanilla) maps are:

Goldheart
Sander's Folly
The Outpost of Progress (Traemask I)
The Story of the Fool (Traemask II)

I also have an in progress campaign for the WoG expansion:

Last Hope
THUNK
Adjudication
Toran Rift
Cave of Dreams*

* = forthcoming

You will have to download WoG in order to play those, but I think you'll find they're far better than anything else I've done. I believe all my maps are available here at CH.

I do have slightly more up to date versions of these maps, but they're not ready for uploading yet. The versions currently available online though are perfectly playable.

(I also have nearly 20 H2 maps also if you're really interested, but I agree it's kind of hard to go back to H2 and play without some of the features available in H3. :) )
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

SirMulich
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SirMulich » 18 Jul 2012, 18:09

I'll play these maps, I found them indeed here at Celestial Heavens, and pehaps later I'll check the Heroes 2 maps.
Thanks again!

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 18 Jul 2012, 20:35

If you're interested in the latest (unreleased) versions of the first four campaign maps, send me a pm. I'm not ready to upload them publicly, because I'm still tweaking, but the events have a lot of inconsistencies fixed and other small changes and emblishments that make them better.

However, only the text has been changed so the maps play exactly the same.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Wind_Falcon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Wind_Falcon » 16 Sep 2012, 21:53

I have a question for Corribus (though anyone that has played his maps can answer too).

How would you rate your maps in terms of difficulty? Which maps (no matter HoMaM2 or 3) would be better for not so good players, and which for experienced ones?

SirMulich
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SirMulich » 18 Sep 2012, 09:28

All his Heroes 3 maps have at least a medium/hard difficulty. Some of them I found to be really really hard to beat (Traemask I - Outpost of Progress and Last Hope).
As I recall I had to start those with a lowered player difficulty setting (hard instead of expert).
In Outpost of Progress and Last Hope your town is surrounded by enemy and you have to split your troops between 2 heroes. One hero must capture enemy towns and one hero must stay at home and defend. I like to play with one strong hero so battling on two fronts was tough for me.
Fortunatelly all Corribus maps have aditional text files with hints and spoilers, but sometimes reading those is to late to change the outcome.
Save often!

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 18 Sep 2012, 23:05

Hard to rate your own maps since you know the tricks. I'd say they tend to be difficult, but not unfairly so.

My H2 maps were probably more consistent in difficult, around hard level. H3 maps were more complex and so difficulty varies. Goldheart isn't very difficult as long as you don't languish early in the map. Sanders Folly is not too hard if you don't take treasures along the coastline. Traemask I is difficult, particularly the swamp side, but I think manageable and Traemask II is a puzzle map so difficulty comes from solving puzzles more than traditional resource and troop management.

The WoG maps are meant to be challenging, but really they're more about the story. The THUNK can be rather tough until you figure out how to beat him.

Wind_Falcon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Wind_Falcon » 19 Sep 2012, 03:24

Thanks for the replies, and thanks for making these awesome maps Corribus!
Last edited by Wind_Falcon on 14 Aug 2013, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.

Feanfox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Traemask

Unread postby Feanfox » 09 Mar 2013, 20:42

Oh, my. Corribus, I'm so glad you're still here (at least was here in autumn last year). Even more happy of the fact you're still working with maps. So, is there any chance for Traemask campaign to be concluded? Well, a tiiiiny bit of a chance, so to speak? :)

Jon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jon » 27 Jun 2013, 12:45

Thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction, sorry I dissapeared after posting the question. I'm looking forward to playing through the Agent of Heaven campaign soon.

I'm playing some of Tim's other maps (THUNK) right now, and absolutely loving them. Thanks for all your hard work Tim.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 27 Jun 2013, 19:05

My pleasure. I am working on updates (significant ones) of some of these WoG maps at the moment. Hopefully I will have more information soon on those.

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 12 Sep 2013, 11:48

Soooo amazing! My biggest thanks to Timothy, I am a big fan of his maps, as well as Charlie Watkins'. These puppies really made my rainy or cold days.

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

SOS

Unread postby orzie » 01 Nov 2013, 04:05

Much sorries, but I cannot seem to find entire Timothy's famous Last Hope HMMII campaign here, only 4 maps of 7 total.

Could please someone direct me, or upload it in the same page as Agent of Heaven campaign which is already on CH?

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Re: SOS

Unread postby cjlee » 08 Dec 2013, 08:14

Orzie

I played all 7, although I was cheating a significant part of the time because I'm not good enough to figure out how to win! I think I only managed to finish 2 maps without cheating.

But let me tell you the story gives you a heavy heart. It's not Timothy's fault, but let's just say the Last Hope campaign ended on a really sinking note. After having struggled through so many epic battles, I just could not deal with what happened. It was well written and a great story, but it still didn't make me happy. There wasn't real closure.

Of course I can't reveal more, but one comparison I can make is to the kind of story found in many Chinese and Japanese martial arts and swordfighting tales. These rarely end on a happy, content note like, say, War and Peace. If you think of Seven Samurai, after all that fighting and struggling less than half the samurai get to walk out alive and they don't even have any great reward. Yeah, Last Hope's like that. Actually, much worse. As though War and Peace ended with Pierre Bezuhov a penniless and crippled refugee in Paris, begging from his former enemies, after the Bolsheviks evict Tsar Alexander and all Russian nobility.

For that reason I greatly prefer Agent of Heaven. You play to the end, you feel like there has been a real ending.

orzie wrote:Much sorries, but I cannot seem to find entire Timothy's famous Last Hope HMMII campaign here, only 4 maps of 7 total.

Could please someone direct me, or upload it in the same page as Agent of Heaven campaign which is already on CH?

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 10 Dec 2013, 14:14

Thanks for the reply. I have already got Timothy's Agent of Heaven campaign, and I still would like to get the Last Hope one too. I am going to convert both of them to The Succession Wars Mod for HMMIII in future to make them as fully playable H3 campaigns.

Wind_Falcon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Wind_Falcon » 11 Feb 2014, 09:44

Decided to ask here instead of opening a new thread.

I can't find anywhere the HII maps The Cloak and The Journey, part of the Shadow Land campaign by Andy Duffy aka ShadowMaker. The Archive (Yahoo Groups) doesn't seem to have them. Any help?

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 16 Feb 2014, 02:11

@Orzie

The Last Hope campaign is already being made into a H3 campaign, at least for WoG. It is actually quite a bit different from the H2 counterpart, with a significantly more detailed story world.

Currently four maps have been released, but new versions of these are in the works, and map 5 is about half done.

EDIT: Ah, well I see I already wrote something similar above. So... carry on then. :) The H2 version of the campaign can (I believe) be found here at Celestial Heavens. Do note that the maps are not available for download as a single file. You have to find them all separately.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Feb 2014, 11:15

In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

kaxan3112
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kaxan3112 » 04 Feb 2015, 07:57

SirMulich wrote:Sorry for offtopic,
I'm playing Timothy Duncan's Heroes 3 map Traemask: Story of the fool, but I can't get the 60 Ice Elementals. I have all the others elementals, but I'm stuck with Water Elementals. Did I miss something? From time to time, I've been told to read chapter 4, chapter 5, but unlike Outpost of Progress and Sander's folly, I have no hero designated as Story teller so I don't have anything to read.
I already checked the map in the map editor, I still have no clue how to obtain 60 Ice Elementals.
Can someone give me a hint?
Thanks!
Sorry but how can you get the other elements, i cannot found any more enchanter in the map :(

Return to “Heroes I-IV”