Problem with big waiting after turns in multiplayer of H-IV

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
jorko80
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Problem with big waiting after turns in multiplayer of H-IV

Unread postby jorko80 » 07 Jul 2010, 13:02

Hello all, I saw there is a similar thread of Rallyket, but I hope more people see this and help.
I'm spekaing of Heroes 4 equilibris and WoW.
After every turn there is a really big waiting for the turn to come to the other player. I played with hamachi and then tried gameranger as suggested here, me and my friend opened every port needed and could successfully play, but the waiting time is big again even bigger then using hamachi. It changes a lot ,sometimes 40secs,most of the time around 1minute and sometimes 2 minutes. Ofcourse we play Huge random maps ,but thats what we want to play, playing medium maps reduces the time ,but it's not fun for me. So if anyone found a solution to this, please help.
To Rallyket : gameranger does not have equilibris version of the game , so I deleted the WoW executable file and renamed h4mod.exe to heroes4.exe, that made gameranger to start equilibris and we were able to play Equilibris. But still no matter WoW or equilibris ,the waiting time is there.
Thank you!

P.S : Sorry for the multipost, my computer stopped for a second and I clicked accidentally few times on Submit button

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 07 Jul 2010, 21:14

The 3DO FAQ has some info on that:
http://3do.xsa1.com/support/pc_support. ... q.htm##004

In short, play small maps and it should be faster.

Rallyket
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Problem with big waiting after turns in multiplayer of H

Unread postby Rallyket » 08 Jul 2010, 14:41

jorko80 wrote:Hello all, I saw there is a similar thread of Rallyket, but I hope more people see this and help.
I'm spekaing of Heroes 4 equilibris and WoW.
After every turn there is a really big waiting for the turn to come to the other player. I played with hamachi and then tried gameranger as suggested here, me and my friend opened every port needed and could successfully play, but the waiting time is big again even bigger then using hamachi. It changes a lot ,sometimes 40secs,most of the time around 1minute and sometimes 2 minutes. Ofcourse we play Huge random maps ,but thats what we want to play, playing medium maps reduces the time ,but it's not fun for me. So if anyone found a solution to this, please help.
To Rallyket : gameranger does not have equilibris version of the game , so I deleted the WoW executable file and renamed h4mod.exe to heroes4.exe, that made gameranger to start equilibris and we were able to play Equilibris. But still no matter WoW or equilibris ,the waiting time is there.
Thank you!

P.S : Sorry for the multipost, my computer stopped for a second and I clicked accidentally few times on Submit button
Yeah i know about the .exe file just made a back of the WoW exe file and deleted it and just renamed the Equilibris exe file to "heroes4"

Return to “Heroes I-IV”