Heroes 4 multiplayer over Gameranger and gamespy

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Rallyket
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes 4 multiplayer over Gameranger and gamespy

Unread postby Rallyket » 01 Jul 2010, 20:14

Hello :)
I have a problem.
I have opened the ports needed for heroes 4 , gameranger and gamespy.
And yes i am 100% sure they are open cus i have tested every port.
Im running windows 7 64bit.
The problem is that when i try to host a game with gameranger or gamespy i get into the game and choose a map but noone is able to join or find my game my game.

I have tried almost everything possible and have now run out of ideas.
Anyone have a solution to my problem or maybe knows whats wrong ?

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 02 Jul 2010, 09:23

perhaps you have a different version of the game then the other people? Did you install the latest patch?
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Rallyket
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Rallyket » 05 Jul 2010, 15:39

I have Winds of war expansion version 3.0.0.2 and im pretty sure thats the newest version except for Equilibris.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 06 Jul 2010, 13:29

well when you start the game make sure everybody has the same version of the game and no other mods (not to sure about heroes 3 but in age of mythology when somebody won't be able to connect with you his name will be written in italics)
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Rallyket
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Rallyket » 06 Jul 2010, 14:03

Oh didnt know about the Name being written in italics but im pretty sure the guy from russia yesterday had italic letters in his name.
Prolly why he couldnt connect to me i guess cus we were both using heroes 4 3.51 Equlibris.

So i guess its the same for all the games on Gameranger.

Rallyket
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Rallyket » 08 Jul 2010, 14:34

I have opened all the ports required for heroes 4 and gameranger and i have double checked that they are open.
Im 100% sure they are open. Atm i have UPnP deactivated on my router because i read something about if i open the ports manually and have UPnP on at the same time it doest work.
I have tried hosting with both Winds Of War 3.0.0.2 and Equlibris 3.51 and the ppl trying to join me have had the same version as me because i asked what version they were running.
Both ppl with Italic name and regular name has tried joining me but gets the message "failed to join"
I know ppl with Italic name cant join me but the ppl with the regular name shouldnt have any problem.
I have turned the firewall off on my router and off on my computer as well so shouldnt be any problems there either.

Anyone know whats wrong and why they cant join me ?
Cus i can join other ppl fine but they cant join me when i host.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”