Favorite 4th level troops; Heart of the mid levels

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Your favorite 4th lvl troops are...

... Crusaders
11%
Medusa Queens
2%
Greater Basiliks
2%
Horned Demons
No votes
Horned Demons
No votes
Vampire Lords
39%
Silver Pegasi
3%
Ogre Magi
3%
Archmagi
8%
Energy Elementals
6%
Sharpshooters
26%

Total votes: 62

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 09 Mar 2006, 23:05

Vote Sharpshooters

Aside from being cool looking and absolutely awesome in their own right, they’re Gelu’s troops. *crooning* I am also among those who regularly threaten death and destruction to any enemy hero who dares to lay so much as a finger on my Sharpshooters…:D

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 10 Mar 2006, 04:07

Sharpshooters is the obvious choice if they're level 4; the only real problem is that they require Gelu. Gelu, however, simply won't appear in any normal game.

Therefore, I would not vote for Sharpshooters. Vampire Lords and Crusaders rule this level, but because of the Vampire Lord's no retaliation and life draining ability, I vote for them.

No army can be built of only ranged units. At some point, some melee units must be mixed in. If there existed a town with natural Sharpshooter production which also had a strong melee unit, then I would vote Sharpshooters.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Mar 2006, 06:29

Banedon wrote:Sharpshooters is the obvious choice if they're level 4; the only real problem is that they require Gelu. Gelu, however, simply won't appear in any normal game.
Actually,they will in an external dweling.

kitcat0
Scout
Scout

Unread postby kitcat0 » 11 Mar 2006, 13:22

I dont like any of the in-town creatures much. Vampire lords would be an obvious choise, but they are difficult to get. I like creatures who help you get going in beginning . None of the 4th level ones really good for that.

I usually dont like to vote for external dwellings since some of them are too good and usually hard to come across. But went with sharpshooters this time.

Nucleon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Nucleon » 11 Mar 2006, 15:46

Nucleon finally voted... for Archmagi. Great shooter, no obstacle penalty, yet tough, resistant and dealing full damage in melee. Plus, they look good when "coerced" into Infernal armies!

It was a tough choice with the werewolves, with the looks being the deciding factor. However, it would not take them much to become Nucleon's favorite 4th level creatures. Maybe a re-coloring. And that's about it.
(Translated from Silent Speak)

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 11 Mar 2006, 16:52

kitcat0 wrote:I dont like any of the in-town creatures much. Vampire lords would be an obvious choise, but they are difficult to get. I like creatures who help you get going in beginning . None of the 4th level ones really good for that.

I usually dont like to vote for external dwellings since some of them are too good and usually hard to come across. But went with sharpshooters this time.
Basilisks do if Bron is your hero. :)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

SmokingBarrel
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby SmokingBarrel » 12 Mar 2006, 01:42

Also like them all...oh man...but out of all of them which weren't voted yet, I like the energy elemantals most. I really like the way they move.

Vulcanic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vulcanic » 12 Mar 2006, 01:45

Vote Sharpshooters

Cool and powerful.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Mar 2006, 14:25

SmokingBarrel wrote:Also like them all...oh man...but out of all of them which weren't voted yet, I like the energy elemantals most. I really like the way they move.
I do agree, so I voted, however need to be said, that I like the most Fire Elementals not the EE. But since here is not this direct choice I did cast for EE. For theirs elegant move.

I see no problem with theirs low damage, when I haven't enough of them I could call for more! :D

"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

kitcat0
Scout
Scout

Unread postby kitcat0 » 12 Mar 2006, 19:53

Bandobras Took wrote:
kitcat0 wrote:I dont like any of the in-town creatures much. Vampire lords would be an obvious choise, but they are difficult to get. I like creatures who help you get going in beginning . None of the 4th level ones really good for that.

Basilisks do if Bron is your hero. :)
Maybe, but somehow I prefer to go for wyverns when I play with fortress. Fast and tough creature in beginning of game for cleaning mines and exploring.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Mar 2006, 19:57

Cool pic! Is there somewhere I could get all of the creatures at that size?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Mar 2006, 20:08

ThunderTitan wrote: http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/866/fe20je.png
Cool pic! Is there somewhere I could get all of the creatures at that size?
I don't know about any (however here were such places.. but they are disappearing), here will be one, but you know what, I cannot swim fast in slow water :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Mar 2006, 20:18

Pol wrote:I don't know about any (however here were such places.. but they are disappearing), here will be one, but you know what, I cannot swim fast in slow water :D
Unless ur swiming upstream.

So do you have more, or what?
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Mar 2006, 20:27

Honestly I don't know how much of them I have in that style. they're hiding somewhere on my hdd or still resting "easy" accesbile through google image search.

But this one was only one which I repaired, resized and put it here. :tired:
"We made it!"

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Mar 2006, 20:41

So was it bigger or smaller?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Mar 2006, 20:44

The original was bigger but uglier.
"We made it!"

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Mar 2006, 20:48

Aha. So what do you suggest I use in google to search for more?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Mar 2006, 20:54

Name of the unit :D or name of its resource , you will however need assistence of, at least, one Lucky Dragon ;)

Seriously, it takes a lots of time, but if you had succeed why not start a new thread....
"We made it!"

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Mar 2006, 20:58

Maybe another time.

Crusaders rule...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Mar 2006, 21:07

I could guess that. Bye, bye...

:devious:
"We made it!"

Return to “Heroes I-IV”