Neu Gefundenes Land

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Ururam Tururam
Scout
Scout

Neu Gefundenes Land

Unread postby Ururam Tururam » 07 Mar 2006, 23:19

Thanks to the translator work of Koni, my recent map "New Found Land" is now available (at least on my homepage, address in the sig, but I do hope it will spread wide) in German as Neu Gefundenes Land.

Hoc est opus!
UT homepage: http://urtur.webpark.pl

Andrean
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Andrean » 08 Mar 2006, 17:16

I thought it should be named 'Neufundland' ...
By the way, the map is 'map of the month' on the Drachenwald-website;
it is really hard to beat the map because of the one-way-portals and the AI-boosts. The AI-boosts can be redirected on the human players (I made it accidentally with a level-4-thief which became suddenly a level-14 with expert life)
I'm finishing the map on champions level without using this bug within about 4 months.

Ururam Tururam
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ururam Tururam » 08 Mar 2006, 18:17

Andrean wrote:I thought it should be named 'Neufundland' ...
Thet was my decission to split the name in English and I've asked Koni to split it in German too.
By the way, the map is 'map of the month' on the Drachenwald-website;
Well!
The AI-boosts can be redirected on the human players (I made it accidentally with a level-4-thief which became suddenly a level-14 with expert life)
Well it sometimes happen usually when your unit moves during AI turns which takes place before battles. I haven't found a workaround... :(
Hoc est opus!

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 08 Mar 2006, 18:18

Andrean wrote:I thought it should be named 'Neufundland' ...
Nice to see you here, Andrean. ;) I just wrote a comment in the Drachenwald-Thread "Karte des Monats"(Map of the Month), why I chose the title "Neu Gefundenes Land" although the map shows the island of "Newfundland".

Ururam Tururam
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ururam Tururam » 08 Mar 2006, 22:31

Koni wrote: I just wrote a comment in the Drachenwald-Thread "Karte des Monats"(Map of the Month), why I chose the title "Neu Gefundenes Land" although the map shows the island of "Newfundland".
:)

By the way I wonder what the people there write about this map. I have only a very basic knowledge of German so I could understand only a few things in that thread.
Hoc est opus!

Andrean
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Andrean » 09 Mar 2006, 01:25

Ururam Tururam wrote: ...By the way I wonder what the people there write about this map. I have only a very basic knowledge of German so I could understand only a few things in that thread.
Tai-Pan (which is a really good player) doesn't like the map because there are a number of things hidden in wilderness
Jadne has some problems with the map - it's really hard
I myself and Venom (the referee of the results of the map of the month) discussed the usage of the AI-boost-bug - and Venom banned it ...
... and we hoped that some people will play the map/save and send there results - but I'm afraid there will be only 4 or 5 people playing the map on champions level ...

Ururam Tururam
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ururam Tururam » 09 Mar 2006, 07:48

Andrean wrote:... and we hoped that some people will play the map/save and send there results - but I'm afraid there will be only 4 or 5 people playing the map on champions level ...
I am able to win it on Hard in about 5-6 months, but I am not a very good player myself. On Expert I got beaten... I meant the Champion difficulty for Wimfrits and the ones like him.
Hoc est opus!

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 09 Mar 2006, 09:36

Andrean wrote:Tai-Pan (which is a really good player) doesn't like the map because there are a number of things hidden in wilderness...
U.T, I think you would allow quoting your answer in an email addressed to me:
"I like to place oddities on my maps (and I know I am not liked too much for that!)." :)
f.e. the one black oracle on the hostile NW-continent, which only is accessable by splitting your army in front of it !
Andrean wrote:... and we hoped that some people will play the map/save and send there results - but I'm afraid there will be only 4 or 5 people playing the map on champions level ...
For myself I don't like to rush through a scenario and being the winner, if I manage the victory-condition in the shortest possible time. And getting more points the higher the difficulty level is set. That is why I don't participate at the KdM-contest. I want to explore all the map and find all the hidden secrets, and ... to enjoy the story!

Return to “Heroes I-IV”