Heroes 4 multiplayer waiting times

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Moderator: Moderators

JSE
CH Staff
CH Staff

Heroes 4 multiplayer waiting times

Postby JSE » Mar 3 2010, 14:34

Heroes 4 multiplayer games via internet always suffered from painfully long waiting times between turns -- especially so on large and extra-large maps.

Does anyone know whether there has ever been a solution or fix for this?

TheCoolinator
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby TheCoolinator » Mar 18 2010, 17:31

What server are you playing it on? Maybe that's your issue.

JSE
CH Staff
CH Staff

Postby JSE » Mar 19 2010, 22:45

I usually played the game via TCP/IP with one of the players' computers as server. I also tried playing via GameSpy -- with the exact same result: On any map larger than "M", the data transfer after ending a turn can take a minute or more.

Your response sounds like you have not experienced a similar problem during Heroes 4 multiplayer -- is that true?

TheCoolinator
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby TheCoolinator » Mar 22 2010, 17:42

JSE wrote:I usually played the game via TCP/IP with one of the players' computers as server. I also tried playing via GameSpy -- with the exact same result: On any map larger than "M", the data transfer after ending a turn can take a minute or more.

Your response sounds like you have not experienced a similar problem during Heroes 4 multiplayer -- is that true?

To be honest I never played Heroes 4 online in multiplayer. I just usually have connection problems when I play a game on a bad server or my internet connection needs to be refreshed.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”