Want to buy HOMM IV Complete (CD-ROM)

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
lghtngfan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Want to buy HOMM IV Complete (CD-ROM)

Unread postby lghtngfan » 23 Jan 2010, 15:39

Please help!!!!!!

I'm trying to buy the original Heroes of Might and Magic IV Complete put out by 3DO. I've taken my old HOMM IV out to play with, and I'm totally addicted to it again. But EQ got in the way, so I never bought the expansions, so 8 years later, I'm looking to do that. The problem is that I don't have a DVD drive on my computer, so I'd like to find the CD-ROM version of the expansions.

I truly want to buy this game from Amazon.com, but I've already dealt with one returned game because it was a DVD, and I don't want to go through this again. Does anyone know of a retailer who sells the original version of this game?

I really want to legitimately buy this game, so please don't take this as a plea for a copy. But any suggestions would be appreicated. :)

Edwintje
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Edwintje » 23 Jan 2010, 17:00

Can't you check a store, where they sell pc-games to see if they can order it for you?

lghtngfan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby lghtngfan » 23 Jan 2010, 17:12

I doubt it, because the original is out of print, so they wouldn't be able to order it, I wouldn't think.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 23 Jan 2010, 21:07

Well upgrading to a DVD in your computer will probably be easier than finding a CD version, but you might try eBay.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 23 Jan 2010, 23:34

Yea, why don't you just upgrade your drive? DVD drives are really cheap, and you wouldn't have any problems like that until the Blu-ray era.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Jan 2010, 23:43

*ahem*

As you can see, the CD-ROM version of H4 complete is still in sale - along with most other games made in the series. This is because Ubisoft started re-releasing several versions of the old games to cash in on the franchise. :)

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 24 Jan 2010, 09:30

Then again:
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-NEC-Optiarc- ... 252&sr=1-6

It's even cheaper than the HoMM4 CD version :\

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 24 Jan 2010, 14:37

GreatEmerald wrote:Then again:
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-NEC-Optiarc- ... 252&sr=1-6

It's even cheaper than the HoMM4 CD version :\
And then you can get the DVD version, which is cheaper than the price Amazon has for the CD version (nothingbutsoftware has H3 complete AND H4 complete all on one DVD for $26.49 - about 1/3 less than the CD; unfortunately they do not have the CD version there)
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 24 Jan 2010, 14:42

Really, it's easier to get a DVD-ROM. Today all games are in DVD discs anyway so you will need one sooner or later.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”