Installing Campaigns

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
BelgarathMTH
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Installing Campaigns

Unread postby BelgarathMTH » 01 Nov 2009, 23:18

Hello, friends.

I'm wanting to install the Sighuthoara campaign, but I've forgotten how to install a downloaded campaign into HOMM.

I tried extracting the files into the MAPS folder, but that didn't work.

So how do I do this, again?

Thank you for your patience and assistance.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 02 Nov 2009, 03:52

It should be easy. I do something like this:

C/Program Files/3DO/Heroes3/Maps

Then extract the files from the ZIP file into the path above. Should work fine. ( ALso look in Custom Campaigns after selecting Campaigns from the Main Menu.) :) Hope this helps.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 11 Nov 2009, 11:03

Great to see that people are playing the campaign! :)

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 18 Nov 2009, 21:53

People are indeed playing the campaign, HoP my friend. Just take a look at the download count for the basic version of the campaign (over 900 at the moment of writing), and the German version (over 800 at the moment of writing). Judging by these relatively high numbers for a campaign released in mid September, we can safely state here and right now that we've been successful in our bid to rise to the top of the modern H3 campaign makers.

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 18 Nov 2009, 22:38

I just found the entire 8 series Heroes Chronicles campaign for WoG. It's huge. Has all the campaigns and some pics to go with it. It's in the Campaign Archive along with the MoS campaign in eng and de. Hopefully someone will translate MoS into Chinese, Russian and Polish languages too.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 18 Nov 2009, 22:54

This is great news, BB. I think I should have a little time to spare in the coming weekend to have a go at those Heroes Chronicles campaigns. As shocking as it may sound to you, I do have WoG installed on this very computer, and do feel curious to find out what the campaigns are like transformed to the WoG platform.

Masters of Sighisoara to be translated to these major world languages? Excellent idea. If only there were people out there who'd volunteer for such a project. I know for a fact that the Sighisoara Team certainly has nothing against that kind of iniative.

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 18 Nov 2009, 23:00

That's one of the main reasons I established the Archives. For translation purposes. Along with the preservation of old and hard to find stuff. :)

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 19 Nov 2009, 12:11

I would have loved to translate the campaign into Swedish but that would recieve like 3-4 downloads roflmao ^^ I would feel very proud to see the campaign being translated into russian and chinese :) My girlfriend is Russian allthough she doesnt know it "floating" I believe! But perhaps she could do a little translating atleast :)

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 19 Nov 2009, 18:50

Yurian Stonebow wrote:As shocking as it may sound to you, I do have WoG installed on this very computer, and do feel curious to find out what the campaigns are like transformed to the WoG platform.
It's not shocking to me that you have WoG installed, Yurian. It would be shocking if you didn't. :)
Saving the life of you H3 CD's is no laughing matter, yes? And besides. I get bored with one, I play the other.
I have played the SoD Heroes Chronicles both with SoD and WoG, but this new Campaign I found should prove to be even more interesting.
If you've never played the HC campaigns before, you should know they are not very hard to play. They are enjoyable. But, man, are they story driven! That's the beauty of them, to me. It's like it's the ultimate Story campaigns of all time. And you get some filler information about the Heroes Universe as well.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”