HOMMIII Co-op Campaign...

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Baphomet666
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

HOMMIII Co-op Campaign...

Unread postby Baphomet666 » 28 Oct 2009, 03:29

Hello All,

I read this on the main page -

"More good news for all you Heroes fans out there: after the release of the co-op Heroes III campaign just two weeks ago"

Can someone please direct me to what this series of maps is called, and where i will find it?

When it says co-op, am i correct to think this is a continuous series of maps played with a second person Vs the AI?

Cheers.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 30 Oct 2009, 06:07

Maybe this is the link you seek:

Prime Suspect after the release of "Masters of Sighisoara", the second edition in the Whole New Continent.

Co-op means, that it is a co-operation of a "team".

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 18 Nov 2009, 22:04

Masters of Sighisoara I is a singleplayer campaign only. As far as I can tell, there is no such thing as "co-operation type H3 campaign". The game engine simply does not allow such a possibility save from the "regular" singleplayer campaign occasionally "spiced up" with a CPU ally aiding the Human player. To summ things up, I personally haven't heard of any H3 campaigns, official, or unofficial, NWC made or fan made, that pair up two (or possibly more) Human players against the AI in the co-operation mode. Of course I may be mistaken, and would be glad if anyone could guide me to a set of maps that feature such an "arrangement".

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Baphomet666
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Baphomet666 » 23 Nov 2009, 01:29

Ahh.. i see. I thought it may have been too good to be true.
Thanks to both of you for the info.

After revisiting HOMMIII i dug out and reinstalled HOMMIV as well. including the expansions. I installed Equilibrius while i was at it.. Cant understand the negativity towards HOMMIV i keep reading - with this mod, i found it to be as enjoyable as III against the AI with a mate... Brilliant stuff.

Cheers.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 23 Nov 2009, 05:52

I don't know if H4 mapmakers have ever made a Co-op Campaign or not. But H4 is okay to an extent. The AI has been improved a little with Equilibrus, but not enough for me to be convinced it can be ranked alongside the likes of H2 or H3. They are still better competitively speaking. But that's another topic.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”