Connecting online for Heroes III and IV gaming

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Grey Pilgrim
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Connecting online for Heroes III and IV gaming

Unread postby Grey Pilgrim » 23 Sep 2009, 00:20

Does anyone remember how to connect via TCP/IP to play Heroes III and IV online?? I know in my modem days a friend and I could connect via the Internet (TCP/IP) to play (mainly) Heroes III and, sometimes, Heroes IV. Been doing mainly Hot Seat games for IV and V for a few years now, but wanted to go back and try a Heroes III came online. We now both have Comcast "high speed internet" connections, and when we tried to connect via TCP/IP, the machine that was "joining" was not able to find the IP address of the "host" machine. Are we doing something wrong?? Can you not use TCP/IP with Comcast cable? Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Grey Pilgrim

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 23 Sep 2009, 01:36

Hamachi works wonders. It's an emulator that assigns new IP addresses that the Heroes game will recognize. I tried it with Heroes 2 and 3, no problems. Inside Hamachi there are user created channels so it's easy to find your friends.

Grey Pilgrim
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Grey Pilgrim » 23 Sep 2009, 02:35

I've seen posts about Hamachi...any thoughts about Gameranger? I've seen people talking about that, as well.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”