Build order in Equalibris

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Ettercap
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Build order in Equalibris

Unread postby Ettercap » 13 Sep 2009, 13:16

Has any strategy guide been made for Equalibris which shows the town build order to reflect the changes made?. Due to requirments of more/less resources, it may take more/less days to build each structure.

Examples: If you want to build the 'Barrow Mound' in the 'Death' town on day 2, then the 'Necromany Amplifier' is required, not the 'Undead Transformer'.

You can no longer build the 'Mansion' in the Death town on day 3, due to the higher requirments in wood and crystals.

In the Nature town, the Pire requires the Conservatory of Life instead of the Creature Portal.

Standard Heroes IV

Life
Day 1: Stables
Day 2: Guardhouse/Ballista Works
Day 3: Order of Paladins
Day 4: Barracks
Day 5: Abbey

Death
Day 1: Undead Transformer
Day 2: Barrow Mound
Day 3: Mansion
Day 4: Necromancy Amplifier
Day 5: Tower of Darkness 2

Chaos
Day 1: Statuary Garden
Day 2: Battle Academy
Day 3: Caravan
Day 4: Black Wood/Volcanic Vent
Day 5: Witch Hall/Hall of the Dead

Order
Day 1: Golem Factory
Day 2: Clerical Library
Day 3: Altar of Wishes
Day 4: University
Day 5: Alchemist's Shop

Nature
Day 1: Sacred Grove
Day 2: Tiger Den
Day 3: Rainbow
Day 4: Unicorn Glade
Day 5: Creature Portal

Might
Day 1: Citadel
Day 2: Harpy Peak
Day 3: Wrestling Pits
Day 4: Cyclops Cave
Day 5: Castle (If Possible)

Thanks to The_Hydra (Heroes 5 Content Admin, Heroes Community Moderator) for writing the strategies.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 13 Sep 2009, 20:52

I don't get it, what kind of strategies are those?? :| Sure, pre-equilibris some choices might have been no-brainers (cyclops over ogre magi) but others are not: I don't see why the tigers are necessarily better than elves, even if their dwelling costs more resources because of the pre-requisites. After equilibris, the choices get "blurred", which was definitely for the better as it contributed to diverse combinations of creatures and therefore playstyles. So I can't picture any objective preferred building orders, only an individual's opinion. While I might prefer some creatures over others, I will try and pick them alternately, which makes my games more fun and makes me adapt each time.
You can no longer build the 'Mansion' in the Death town on day 3, due to the higher requirments in wood and crystals.
Why not? You could, depending on difficulty and resources in your immediate surroundings which could be snatched.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 13 Sep 2009, 20:59

Yes, I agree with Metathron. You can't really universally tell what to build in towns - that depends on the map and the difficulty. If you play on the highest difficulty, you won't have enough resources for pretty much anything, same with high difficulty maps... Besides, HoMM4 was specifically improved so you wouldn't spend much time building things that you did in HoMM3, and instead would look at tactics. So I see the purpose of guides like that for HoMM3 (Town Hall -> Mage Guild -> Blacksmith -> Market -> City Hall -> Citadel -> Castle -> Capitol -> Resource structure -> lvl 3 dwelling -> lvl 4 dwelling -> lvl 5 dwelling -> lvl 6 dwelling -> lvl 7 dwelling -> extras), but HoMM4... It's too strategic to write one.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 13 Sep 2009, 21:41

Honestly, I feel the same as Metathron here. I like to diversify my playing style each time, and doesn't use any specific building tactic. Also, some of the buildings mentioned in these building strategies I never built because they seem obsolete to me. I don't use them. If I build them, it's only to score more points when I win.

One thing I tend to do a lot though when playing, is to build shooters instead of muscles. I never buy the pikemen for instance except if I see a lot of pikemen dwellings near my starting town.

But it all differs. And it should.
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Ettercap
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ettercap » 13 Sep 2009, 22:52

It's not a mandatory build order. That list is using standard H4, not H4 with Equalibris.

I play on advanced, and various map difficulties - I keep away from champion though.

What you could build arcoss several days with standard H4 is more difficult and takes several more days or even weeks to achieve. There are the variables though.

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 13 Sep 2009, 23:09

Equilibris was made almost specifically to counter build orders like the ones you posted. I'm not quite sure what the point of this thread is.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Ettercap
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ettercap » 13 Sep 2009, 23:22

Basic structure for the people new to Heroes 4.

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 13 Sep 2009, 23:33

I'm pretty sure everyone at a forum as niche and obscure as this one aren't new to Heroes IV. At all.

If you had made this thread in 2002, maybe. But now it just seems kind of... unneeded. Sorry.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Ettercap
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ettercap » 13 Sep 2009, 23:43

You maybe right, but not all have had this since it's release. You can aquire older games for cheap - eBay for example.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 14 Sep 2009, 10:29

I don't get what the Sacred Grove is doing on that list. It's the most obsolete building there is.
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Ettercap
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ettercap » 14 Sep 2009, 12:03

It's a prequisite for the Tiger Den, you can't build the Tiger Den without building the Sacred Grove first.
Metathron wrote:I don't get it, what kind of strategies are those?? :|
The 'build orders' were just part of several articles on strategies for each faction.
http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... c4iv.shtml
Last edited by Ettercap on 15 Sep 2009, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 14 Sep 2009, 12:53

Why would anyone buy the tiger den? :P
- Dragon Age Origins

Ettercap
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ettercap » 14 Sep 2009, 13:06

I prefer tigers over elves, they can get across the battlefield quickly to take down ranged units. A hero with the tactics skill can increase their movement range. They deal good damage and have decent health points.

Elves are only good in large numbers and are less useful as time goes on. Once your going up against opponents that can cross the battlefield in two leaps/bounds, there gonner's. The damage they deal is quite low depite their two shots ability.

frozd
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby frozd » 23 Sep 2010, 21:51

The good thing about equilibris mod is that Death vampire cheesing was removed. That was so annoying in hotseat.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”