Sorceress/Forest/Rampart/Prserv/Cnflx/Sylvan Music Evolution

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Which do you like best?

Sorceress/Forest (Heroes 1)
4%
Sorceress (Heroes 2)
20%
Sorceress (Heroes 2: PoL)
8%
Sorceress (Heroes 2: Gold) (Some Versions)
4%
Rampart (Heroes 3)
32%
Conflux (Heroes 3: AB)
8%
Preserve (Heroes 4)
20%
Sylvan (Heroes 5)
4%

Total votes: 25

Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Sorceress/Forest/Rampart/Prserv/Cnflx/Sylvan Music Evolution

Unread postby Shyranis » 29 Aug 2009, 02:48

That was a mouthful!

I included both Rampart and Conflux because they both divvied up the old Sorceress army and have aspects of the old sorceress class in their magic heroes (along with former sorceri).

Who reigns supreme (musically) out of these naturalistic, hippie elf loving, pixie stick people!

Heroes 1
Heroes 2
Heroes 2:PoL
Heroes 2:Gold (Doubt people will vote for this one, it's a real oddity)
Heroes 3 Rampart
Heroes 3 Conflux
Heroes 4 Preserve
Heroes 5 Sylvan

Have fun ^_^

Votes for nostalgia DO count BTW.
Youtube has terminated my account without reason.

Please express why it should be reinstated on Twitter.

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 29 Aug 2009, 05:45

The choice for me came down to H3 and H4, and for once I will side against opera and pick the pleasant tunes of Heroes III Rampart.

The worst is probably Heroes V. Can't pinpoint why, but just sounds kind of lame.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 29 Aug 2009, 11:42

This is one of the rare times where Heroes III music really stands out for me, as does the town design; the Rampart is one of the best looking and sounding towns in the whole series. However, it's hard to choose between it, and the different but equally lovely HoMM II, HoMM II: PoL and HoMM IV.

I'll have to sleep on it. Or play on it. :D
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 29 Aug 2009, 11:47

Metathron wrote:However, it's hard to choose between it, and the different but equally lovely HoMM II, HoMM II: PoL and HoMM IV.
Same here. I can't decide which one is the best....just can't.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 29 Aug 2009, 13:12

for a non-h4 player the choise is easily made ^_^
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 29 Aug 2009, 14:55

H4 is the best, followed closely by H3.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 29 Aug 2009, 19:53

H1

with 3 trailing close behind.

I love the original Heroes 1 songs so much I have them playing as MP3s in Heross 3.

Because I sure as hell don't wanna play Heroes1 anymore. (too many flaws)

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 30 Aug 2009, 01:58

Wow. This must be one the greatest collection of Heroes town themes, of all alignment groups. The choice was so tough, that it hardly matters for which of them I voted.

H1 - Simple but wonderful in the same time. Joy giving and greatly matching both the alignment concept as well as the town design. I could listen to it over and over again. Perhaps the best of all.

H2 - Very beautiful in general. I'd use "wonderful" if the first 50 secs would have been a bit different. While Celtic tunes might be great for this alignment, for some reason bagpipes in particular didn't seem like the best choice (sec. 10-30). Then opera is not always my favorite either, so the best parts for me come after sec. 50.

H2 PoL - Quite a beautiful one all together. No more bagpipes and the opera part was quite nice actually.

H2 Gold - A bit odd indeed, but I actually liked very much. Especially the Oriental sounds in the second part. If I think about it, this could make a nice town theme for the WoG 3.59 Desert town (if that'll ever come). ;)

H3 Rampart - Pretty nice, but after 10 years of playing the game, which is thousands of times of entering that town, for some reason I have enough of that intro. Plus the theme in general, although very peaceful and matching the town design, does not seem to have the great pieces we dad on H1 & H2

H3 Conflux - This one I actually like more than Rampart. Whenever I enter Conflux, I tend to spend a couple of extra seconds just enjoying the atmosphere, feeling which I don't think I have with any of the others. And it's because of a happy, harmonious combination of the town design and theme.

H4 Preserve - Not bad, but the male voice kinda spoiled it for me. But it had great potential.

H5 Sylvan - Again a pretty nice one. One of the best from H5.

Thanks Shyranis for these music evolution threads. You reminded me of old themes, some long forgotten. Great job! ;)
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Darmani
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Darmani » 30 Aug 2009, 17:42

Woah, my favorite H2 town theme versus, my favorite H3 town theme (of the ones I can remember -- I play that game so rarely), and one of the only two H5 town themes I like all in the same poll!

Unfortunately, there's no real contest here. The H2 Sorceress theme was my favorite song of all time for a while.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 11 Sep 2009, 16:35

Same here - I just can't decide. All of them are amazing (except the strange Gold tune). So voted for the one which had the least votes - Conflux.

lotusreaver
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lotusreaver » 12 Sep 2009, 06:17

I picked the preserve from H4. But I also like H2: PoL's theme.

Suleman
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Suleman » 14 Sep 2009, 14:45

Hmm... H2, H2: Gold, H4 or H5? A veeeery difficult choice. Damn you. I'll have to think about this.
I'm gonna vote for the black sheep, just out of spite, though all the themes are good. H3 and H1 less than the others, but they're still pretty good.
"Yes, but what about David Beckham and the magic mushroom?"

I'm baaaaaack!

Return to “Heroes I-IV”