Corrupted Savegame Files

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
jeff

Corrupted Savegame Files

Unread postby jeff » 29 Aug 2009, 00:56

Does anyone know what causes a corrupt savegame file? One of my testers playing an Equilibris map has had a problem with corrupted save files. The game does not crash and he can continue to play for as long as he wants but when he saves the game, the save file will not load saying it has been corrupted. It appears to happen if he switches around some the creatures and heroes. If he doesn’t do it then the save file is fine. I have no idea what to tell her other than don’t do that. He is the only tester that has had this happen. Any ideas? :cantsee:
Last edited by Anonymous on 30 Aug 2009, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 30 Aug 2009, 06:28

First, when HE (Andrean isn't a SHE) sent me his saves, I thought the problem was caused by too many caravans, he has sent. There were 8 armies out on the field and when new caravans arrived it was told the garrison was full and they would wait in front of the town. But no heroes/creatures were standing there because of the max. 8 rule. But deleting some troops and placing them into mines' or towns' garrisons didn't heal his "bad save" problem. It only appears when combining two SPRITE stacks into one, and that only in one special army, not in another one with sprites. Those can be combined without problem.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 30 Aug 2009, 14:06

First apologies I fixed that :embarrased: , and that is how he described it, I also noticed that the corrupted save file was much larger than his other files.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 30 Aug 2009, 14:15

How did you fix it, and could you tell the reason for the corrupt files? Seems to be of general interest.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 30 Aug 2009, 22:35

I have no idea on how to fixed a corrupted save file :(

Andrean
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Andrean » 01 Sep 2009, 10:59

it seems to be more a problem of equilibris than a problem of H4;
when I load the files with H4, I can combine the sprites in this army and save; the buggy files appear only with equilibris.
By the way, the problem disappears with time (I can combine the sprites later on without problems); and you can predict the problems: combining the sprites takes a lot of time in this time - nearly one second when you move one stack to the other.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”