[HoMM3] What happened to the Forge project?

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

[HoMM3] What happened to the Forge project?

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 27 Jul 2009, 15:37

Just as the title says - what happened to the Forge town project? It seemed interesting, but doesn't seem to be active any more... Was there ever any actual progress on this? Any graphics and such?

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 27 Jul 2009, 18:01

It's been dead for a while, which is bad for me, because I am decidedly pro-forge and anti-conflux. Maybe the HotA guys will do something about it.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 27 Jul 2009, 20:18

I wonder if there were supposed to be new Ancients' artifacts, like Laser Blaster (might bonus?)...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 27 Jul 2009, 20:37

There's an old forge thread here, but it's been dead for a while.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 28 Jul 2009, 10:10

That was an interesting read. TBH I was also not too happy when I first saw the Forge project, but that was due to WoG-style creatures that are old but altered. I'm sure they could create some entirely new creatures, like androids, normal tanks etc. Of course, a goblin with a Laser Blaster is a must, because that's exactly what you see in MM7. And if there's no Kastore hero in there, then it's a no-go, too :)

The way that fans reacted to the initial Forge idea is really excessive... In terms of MM universe, "the long years after the Silence has made people unaware of the Ancients and their technology, even to the point of denying their existence..." By the way, did we hear anything about what the good side of Terrans discovered through their gate to other worlds?

As mentioned, the Heavenly Forge is a good link between MM and HoMM series. Too bad there weren't enough references in older HoMM games. HoMM4 tried to add some with moving to another planet and Dragon Golems, though still not enough. Hopefully someone will finish the Forge project, and hopefully with well designed creatures :)

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 01 Aug 2009, 19:14

Unfortunately the Forge project is utterly dead, because the guy who started it (Zielevitz) became caught up in real life. It's a shame because it looked pretty good! I know there were some modfiles created but none were ever made available.

Midas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Midas » 01 Sep 2009, 11:49

There's a group of people trying to bring forge back, but are progressing really slowly
All I see is Blackness...
Oh, My hood is down... (Acolyte)

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 01 Sep 2009, 16:12

No, they actually aren't. The team was two guys, Bigjocker and Zielevitz, and both have left the community. Project's dead, unless there's another, newer group I haven't heard of.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”