Need help HoMM III Rise of the Necromancer

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
titnguyen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Need help HoMM III Rise of the Necromancer

Unread postby titnguyen » 25 Jun 2009, 04:22

Hi all,

I am new in this forum. I need help with playing the Rise of the Necromancer campaign. I have completed all the previous campaigns "hack & slash" "elixir of life" "birth of a barbarian" and new beginning" but I still cannot see the Rise of the Necromancer campaign visible for selection.

Can anyone help to answer why?

Thanks a lot
Tit nguyen

bot
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bot » 25 Jun 2009, 10:27

See if all campaigns you've done are marked as solved, if not I'm afraid you have to play again. Be careful when you save the last game. When you finish a campaign you have to continue with the game you saved, not to start a new campaign.

titnguyen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby titnguyen » 25 Jun 2009, 13:22

When I finished each campaign (hack & slash, etc...)the screen appeared with a tick (even now when I load the final senario of each campaign) but then the tick gone. Is it a bug?

What do you mean by this "When you finish a campaign you have to continue with the game you saved, not to start a new campaign"? Do you mean when I finish hack & slash I have to continue from that, I can't start e.g "elixir of life"? I think they are seperate campaigns? I think they are not linked because when I load the final campaign (finished) the screen just appeared with a tick for that campaign? How can i continue from there?

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 25 Jun 2009, 14:44

To unlock the later campaigns you must begin by finishing a campaign normally. Then you'll be directed back to the campaign select screen (the "wall"). From there you have to select the next campaign to play WITHOUT exiting back to the main menu or loading another save. You have to complete all four of them like this in a linear fashion. That means you need to enter each campaign using your final save from the previous one, if you understand me.

This means you can't play the four starting campaigns concurrently (i.e. start Elixir of Life while in the middle of New Beginning): you MUST play them one after another. I know the campaigns are ticked when you finish them regardless of what saves you use; this doesn't mean you're doing it "correctly".

I know it's idiotic, one of the game's few major flaws. I had this problem years ago before I had the internet. I played through all the campaigns three times over with no avail until I found the problem. It's mentioned in the manual but only in a footnote. :tsdown:

To spare you a lot of time and tribulations I can send you a save file with Rise of the Necromancer unlocked. It won't make a difference how you finish the first four campaigns, since the descriptions are lying: Sandro, Yog, Crag, Gem, Clancy and Gelu do NOT carry their stats, spells and experience over into their next campaign (Unholy Alliance).

titnguyen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby titnguyen » 26 Jun 2009, 08:56

Hi Corlagon,

I think I understand the problem. I have started again from the hack & slash campaign since I think it's the most annoying one. If you happen to have the file saved for all of those 4 campaigns so I can start playing Rise of the necromancer, I would appreciate very much. I hate playing all over again.

Thanks
Tit nguyen

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 26 Jun 2009, 13:38

Hey titnguyen, here is the file. Paste it into the Games directory of your Heroes III folders. After that just load it up ingame and you'll be sent to the "wall" with Rise of the Necromancer ready for playing.

Because I don't know which version of SoD you're using (SoD or HIII Complete), I uploaded a save from Heroes III Complete. Don't know if there are compatibility issues, but we'll see. Luckily, I also have the base Shadow of Death disc too, so I can give you a save from that version if this one doesn't work.

titnguyen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby titnguyen » 26 Jun 2009, 14:21

Hi Corlagon,

Thanks so much for your help. I am able to play now. I saves me a lot of time.

Cheers,
tit nguyen

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 26 Jun 2009, 14:55

Happy to help.

werrabbit
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Download the save file

Unread postby werrabbit » 04 Dec 2011, 14:57

Corlagon wrote:Hey titnguyen, here is the file. Paste it into the Games directory of your Heroes III folders. After that just load it up ingame and you'll be sent to the "wall" with Rise of the Necromancer ready for playing.

Because I don't know which version of SoD you're using (SoD or HIII Complete), I uploaded a save from Heroes III Complete. Don't know if there are compatibility issues, but we'll see. Luckily, I also have the base Shadow of Death disc too, so I can give you a save from that version if this one doesn't work.
Hi thank you for this post!
unfortunatelly the link doesn't work anymore.
do you or does anyone else have it to upload once again ?

thank you !!

cordially
wb

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 05 Dec 2011, 17:57

Sure, here is a more permanent link for anyone who needs this save.

Maybe I'll see if we can put one on the CH site itself.

werrabbit
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Many thaks !!

Unread postby werrabbit » 05 Dec 2011, 18:01

Hi thank you!

actually I was so impatient I remembered there were these cheatcodes.
tab than nwcredpill
which make you win the scenario at once.
so I just made the same through the four first quests. always saving in the same file.

so now I can play "hte rise of the necromancer"

Thank you a lot, though!!

Return to “Heroes I-IV”