Famous quotes from Might and Magic Games!

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 23 Nov 2009, 14:42

"God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog."
courtesy of the Drawkcab Monks (World of Xeen)
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 Nov 2009, 20:36

Shyranis wrote:There's the artifacts page from my Hubby's now neglected Homm 1 shrine
They're pretty similar to h3. It's perhaps going the same for h2 too?

And PS, one of best quotes are in h4, concealed in the spellbook. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 23 Nov 2009, 23:55

Archibald: "What? Wait a minute. Go back."

Lieutenant Kaelic (Sp?): "You mean the part where I personally slew two elves with a single arrow?"

Archibald: "No, no! AFTER that lie! Tell me about the boxes!"

that is killing me xD haha im laughing xD

cuc
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cuc » 09 Dec 2009, 06:31

Shyranis wrote:There's the artifacts page from my Hubby's now neglected Homm 1 shrine
I remembered those messages fondly. Those little adventure vignettes are one of my favorite aspects of Heroes, and never duplicated in other games. But looking back on them as an adult, I'm seeing subtexts NWC would never thought of.

To Shyranis: your husband has a great site! There are problems, like putting the GBC sprites alongside original H1 sprites making the pages look messy, but no one else even thought of putting them up.
(BTW, I understand the site is not going to be updated... but I can't help pointing out that Vesper the Warlock is also a character in Xeen.)

Just finished Clash of Heroes' campaign yesterday, and it's full of funny quotes (being written by Capybara themselves, rather than Ubi's writers).

Demon high chief: "When the eclipse of the Blood Moon opens the way, proceed in a disorderly fashion to Ashan."

Also, they're not quotes, but I quite like H4's hero biographies. They're all written in an RPG sourcebook's manner, giving every hero her own loved ones, wishes, unaccomplished tasks and such - "story hooks" that allows for potential further exploration of their personal stories.

They can be read at the Genie's Lamp.
http://www.the-genies-lamp.com/heroes_4_main.htm

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 09 Dec 2009, 14:23

cuc wrote:I remembered those messages fondly. Those little adventure vignettes are one of my favorite aspects of Heroes, and never duplicated in other games. But looking back on them as an adult, I'm seeing subtexts NWC would never thought of.
Yea, they're fun to read, although most of the time they are very untrue to what happened. You engage in combat with something like 20 minotaurs, kill them, and then the artifact pickup message says that "You accidentally find a magic sword stuck in a tree", as if the battle was pointless and you found the artifact entirely by accident. And they get repetitive, although most of the people don't even read them anyway :\

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 09 Dec 2009, 19:43

Shyranis wrote: There's the artifacts page from my Hubby's now neglected Homm 1 shrine
I thought this was the best page I ever saw in recent memory for Heroes I. I hope you don't mind that I put a link to this site on the HoMM2 Archives link page, Shyranis. Very detailed work! :tsup:

(Sorry for off topic) We now continue with famous quotes....

TheUnknown
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby TheUnknown » 11 Dec 2009, 22:59

There is no greater way to convince your enemy that your army is invincible than troops that refuse to stay dead. - Animate Dead - Death Magic

Lure them in, let them surround you. That's when they think you're weak. Boy, are they wrong. - Fire Ring - Chaos Magic

An army with a mission with a common goal, is a strong one. An army with the blessing of the gods is invincible. - Mass Bless - Life Magic

Efforts to turn all damage back to its origin failed, so we had to settle on a sort of balanced retribution ... for now. - Pain Mirror - Order Magic

It was a sure bet, a barehanded elf versus an ogre. No contest! But curse elves and their magic for that skinny little man humiliated his opponent. - Dragon Strength - Nature Magic

Moments before they arrive, the temperature drops drastically, bringing a chill even to my bones. - Summon Ice Demons - (Nature + Demonology)

Hope you enjoyed them too : )

Return to “Heroes I-IV”