New Round Table Layouts

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 24 Feb 2006, 19:50

@Corribus
Your wish has been granted :devil:
ThunderTitan wrote:So, next is Academy and Inferno, right!? :D
Who told you that? It's classified as Forum Sensitive Information.
I'll notify our Chief of Intelligence, Ethric, right away, so he may look into your involvement in this.
:beheading:

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 24 Feb 2006, 20:06

Robenhagen wrote:@Corribus
Your wish has been granted :devil:
Ah, perfetto!
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Feb 2006, 20:54

Robenhagen wrote: Who told you that? It's classified as Forum Sensitive Information.
I'll notify our Chief of Intelligence, Ethric, right away, so he may look into your involvement in this.
:beheading:
I can see the future... :jester: And i also prefer :hanged: to :beheading: !
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 24 Feb 2006, 21:49

I've like Sylvan...that's odd. Theses days, anything which is maroon or beige is attracting my attention. B-)
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 24 Feb 2006, 22:21

Corribus wrote:Could you make the New Posts symbol a tad flashier?
Same request for Sylvan...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 24 Feb 2006, 23:51

Good themes.. I have some questiones though, Robenhagen;

You took only one thing that I made for the dungeon theme (Who's online gif) and filled the rest with your tastes. That's ok with me, except you haven't returned my 2nd email, nor replied to my post on the bottom of this topic. So I was thinking, perhaps make an alternative dungeon theme out of all the stuff that I made? I imagined it would look something in the lines of:

The colors in the back of posts/forums are a bit messy since I just rolled them with paint bucket, but you get the point.

Since I can't do the php part, if you don't want to do it, that is fine, I don't mind at all, the only thing I ask is that you please reply to either my mail or my posts in the future, so that I know what can I help with and when I'm just wasting my time on things.

Thanks.

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 25 Feb 2006, 09:25

First off, when you asked to work on the Dungeon theme, I told you that it was nearly done, but that there would be room for changes of course. I must say I have sort of been waiting to get some material from you, but if you've been waiting for me to something first, then I'm sorry we've got this messed up.

I did use a another of your images (locked forum) and would have used the small post icons (the red and purpe flag), but never recieved the transperant versions (nor an additional colored version). I also darkened the background colors to get closer to your suggestion - though I still think that all-black would be too dark.

I wouldn't say that you completely wasted your time, some of the input I got was nice.

And just one more thing: these styles are still subject to change (especially the various buttons (post reply, msn, ICQ. etc.) , but I think they should be a little lighter in the color compared to the images you've posted, there's hardly any contrast).

If you want to have another look during the weekend or so, I can send you a zip file with all the images (correct file names and image sizes).

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 25 Feb 2006, 11:54

I like the previous Dungeon banner much more than the present one, all those dungeon units just dosent fit on the banner.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 25 Feb 2006, 12:17

Well on my end all the buttons are transparent, I just rechecked and saved them all again. Which ones are not transparent to you? All or some of them? I've told you this on the previous topic but I didn't get any reply. I explained to you what was the circle I used on the new posts and forum icons (the warlock selection symbol) and was waiting on you to tell me if you liked it or not after I explained that it was not a random futuristic sign. But I didn't get a reply on that either. Sorry if you were expecting something yourself, but when I sent you comments on the email and posted on the boards I did expect to get your thoughts on it myself.

If you want to have another look during the weekend or so, I can send you a zip file with all the images (correct file names and image sizes).
Not sure if I understand what you are trying to say here. Another look at what? I've got everything done :?

Anyway, my feel is that any more mixing between your and my styles is a bad thing, since we both like our own button/color schemes better then the other ones, it seems. You seem to like your banner and I like mine better, that's understandable, it is my fault to try and squeeze all I wanted onto you. That's why I think an alternative dungeon theme would be best if you got the time.

Orfinn, there was no "previous" theme, it was my own version ;|

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 25 Feb 2006, 12:44

Wel I liked your version better, the dragon statues made a nice touch on the banner, but the letters should have been a bit brighter as the ones above.
Last edited by Orfinn on 25 Feb 2006, 19:30, edited 1 time in total.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Feb 2006, 19:08

They are all well-made, and even though I still prefer using the Igloo skin, I'd like to commend you for your fine work. :tsup:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 25 Feb 2006, 23:31

Yep, I like them too, excellent.

Though I will still go with Haven or Igloo as I feel best with them. B-)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 26 Feb 2006, 00:39

All have their favorite(s) I prefer Sylvan and Necropolis :)

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 26 Feb 2006, 16:13

The Dungeon is most impressive … psychedelic even!. :hoo:

So far, the Dungeon & Igloo are the ones I like best. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 26 Feb 2006, 17:44

I'm sticking with the necro atm, because the background / text color combination is most pleasing to me.

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 26 Feb 2006, 21:03

Btw, I've checked your gif-files again and they all have black background. The exception is the buttons, in which the corners are tranparant.

I've sent you a zip file with all the images used for each theme. You can overwrite the files in my map to make sure you have them all. It's not going to go up right now, but I'll save them for when we'll be updating the forum.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 26 Feb 2006, 21:50

Well the only explanation then is that I somehow sent you my pre-final version of those files even though I recall deleting them (since I got them sorted in different folders). My bad in that case. I got your mail. Thanks.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 27 Feb 2006, 02:00

Ok I sent you a mail with my stuff, I redone most of the small buttons from the initial version, but kept the black background because it will blend better (as the background behind them will be black anyway) then if they were transparent on a black background. Tell me what you think about it or if I made some mistakes in formatting.

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 27 Feb 2006, 15:55

Sylvan links are too bright. The text is black, the background is fairly light, and the links are very light. All of this doesn't stack well. I think the links should be dark green.

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 27 Feb 2006, 16:47

Actually the text is dark brown, if the links become dark green, it'll be impossible to spot a link if it's placed in a body of text.

The links can get a darker color though, perhaps some orangy-kinda color.

Return to “Campfire”