Random Thoughts - Third Edition

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Dec 2009, 12:54

Caught a couple of my kids playing computer games in class today. Normally, they should get written up for that, but it was Heroes III, so I let them off... :D

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 11 Dec 2009, 12:56

Embarrassing to you?!? Imagine how we feel. Oh, and to top it off, one of his speeches preempted the Charlie Brown Christmas special on tv. Not cool, man. Not cool. :disagree:
Peace. Love. Penguin.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 11 Dec 2009, 13:58

Kalah wrote:Caught a couple of my kids playing computer games in class today. Normally, they should get written up for that, but it was Heroes III, so I let them off... :D
Then the class changed to best tactics in HoMM3? Man, I would love to have you as a teacher :D!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 11 Dec 2009, 22:26

Hi Elvin :wave:
No, haven't missed a lot. It's good to have you back though :)

@Kalah: Honestly, when I saw what your reporters threw overboard of principals and ground beliefs to try and meet Obama, I thought the exact same thing you did. But American presidents are like superstars here. It's so disgusting..
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Dec 2009, 23:07

Yah, I mean, it's a big thing an all, but behaving like that? It's ludicrous. Makes me lose any respect I might have had for Norwegian reporters.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 11 Dec 2009, 23:52

He's my president. We are all still waiting for him to do something as a president. Especially with the economy. All we know is, is that he's good at travelling and good with speeches. Not much else.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 12 Dec 2009, 10:42

Well, the speech he gave in Norway seemed rather uenthusiastic. He looked so tired. Poor guy...

Well, I am going to Devil's Island today for a b-day in the big city...hope it's gonna be fun ;| I bought a super lovely dress, I can't wait to wear it!
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Dec 2009, 13:06

New dress? Pictures...? :oex:

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 12 Dec 2009, 13:35

Hopefully, I can get some of myself at the party. I hate always just being the photographer... :disagree:

Party party party!!!
- Dragon Age Origins

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Dec 2009, 16:49

I've bought three types of alcoholic drinks for the lottery at work next week, and I've got a bit for myself as well... can I come to your party, Milaaa? :please:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Dec 2009, 20:08

ByteBandit wrote:He's my president. We are all still waiting for him to do something as a president. Especially with the economy. All we know is, is that he's good at travelling and good with speeches. Not much else.
You mean besides get the world to stop hating your guts?!

Well you got your wish: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8409180.stm http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8409105.stm
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 13 Dec 2009, 00:35

The world has always hated our guts. I'm used to that. Obama will not change that, though he thinks he can. I'm doing my part to reverse this world thinking unlike Obama though.....
I'm having Chinese for dinner. Love my orange chicken.... :-D
Last edited by ByteBandit on 13 Dec 2009, 00:39, edited 1 time in total.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Dec 2009, 00:39

ByteBandit wrote:The world has always hated our guts. I'm used to that.
Yeah, just look at Kennedy getting boo'd that time in Germany and how much everyone hated the Marshall plan etc.

Or did you just mean ignorant americans... then you're right, everyone will always hate your guts unless you stop being ignorant...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 13 Dec 2009, 00:42

True....
I beleive America has more ignorant people per capita than any other country. I can't dispute that. To prove my point, I was in the minority to those who voted for George Dub.
Last edited by ByteBandit on 13 Dec 2009, 05:08, edited 1 time in total.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 13 Dec 2009, 03:17

Nah, most people are stupid, no matter which country. Different kinds of stupid, perhaps, but stupid nevertheless.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 13 Dec 2009, 05:05

Makes you wonder who's more ignorant. The person who wants to rule a country, has all the skills and qualifications to do so, or the backward country hick who can make the best Moonshine you've ever tasted.
Think I'll hang with the Moonshiner. :vomit:

http://www.ibiblio.org/moonshine/index.html

(Be sure to hear the song at the bottom of his page. Now that's what I call a good ol' boy)

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 13 Dec 2009, 05:46

I am happy there are always more ignorant people than myself, so I can have a job. I wish there were more of them, and get a better job even :devil:

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 13 Dec 2009, 07:06

I don't work much anymore these days. And when I did, I found the people who were my bosses were more ignorant than me. which goes to show you that the smart ones don't work! ;) :tsup:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Dec 2009, 12:00

Ethric wrote:Nah, most people are stupid, no matter which country. Different kinds of stupid, perhaps, but stupid nevertheless.
But only in america do people that have studies at Oxford and play the violin deliberately make themselves seem stupid in order to appeal to their audience!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Dec 2009, 12:53

I like Dylan Moran's take on Americans. It's not that they're more stupid than others, it's just that:
Dylan Moran wrote:Stupid Americans just sound a lot more stupid than other stupid people. Like after one of those shootings, a guy was interviewed by a local TV station:
"Yeah, I was there, and, like, I wanted to get some burgers, you know, and, like, this guy came in, and he had, like, a gun, and he started shooting, and, like, everybody was like totally dead."
:D

Return to “Campfire”