Random Thoughts - Third Edition

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 13 Oct 2009, 13:50

ThunderTitan wrote:
darknessfood wrote:Not much...
But it is something?! Clown loving pervert...
Euhm, k.

@Millus: Fangirl :P
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 13 Oct 2009, 15:55

Mmmostly I'm looking forward to Nolan North's sweet voice in my ears again...ahh... :butterfly:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 13 Oct 2009, 20:06

Internet, cellphones and all related apparatus went down today on the entire island where I live; an island full of "Not at all used for spying on the Russians, haha, whatever gave you that idea"-equipment, on the same day the Minister of Foreign Affairs were visiting... boy was I nervous, ready to scuttle to the nearest bunker.

I heard later on that it was just someone hitting or digging into the fiber cable. If it wasn't for the fact that good old-fashioned cobber-line phones still worked I'd be convinced it was a conspiracy. But I bet the ministers security guys got nervous :D
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Oct 2009, 20:10

I bet the guy with the digger planned the whole thing. He probably watched the live news to time it with the minister's visit. :D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 13 Oct 2009, 20:26

Wow, Ethric, that's FAR AWAY 8|
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 13 Oct 2009, 21:05

It's so far away we get tax and loan-reductions for living here.
- Duke

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Oct 2009, 21:32

I coulda used some of that.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 14 Oct 2009, 19:48

Made a classic social boo-boo today:
"So do I see you later today?"
"Hm?"
"At the dinner."
"What dinner?"
"Oh, I thought... ah."

Dinner was good though.
- Duke

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 14 Oct 2009, 22:09

I have to get a Hepatitis-shot before I go to Oman. And I'm such a chicken in that aspect of life :( I don't know how to handle it...
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 14 Oct 2009, 22:44

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:I don't know how to handle it...
Much easier than you would hepatitis that's for sure. ;)
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Oct 2009, 07:50

Get drunk before the shot, maybe?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Oct 2009, 09:33

Kalah wrote:Get drunk before the shot, maybe?
as i recall that's a bad idea... tohugh i guess it might depend on the shot itself.

@Milla

Do some breathing exercises and imagine yourself somewhere else before the needle goes in... helps with the panic, if not with the pain...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 15 Oct 2009, 11:57

If the nurse is good, s/he will do something to distract you before administering the shot. By the time you freak out it'll be over.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Oct 2009, 13:00

A buddy of mine fainted once, before the nurse could even give him the shot.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Oct 2009, 19:15

Kristo wrote:If the nurse is good, s/he will do something to distract you before administering the shot. By the time you freak out it'll be over.
That might end up worse... of course they were taking my blood at the time, so it prob took longer, but 3 people had to hold me down... and i was like 12, so my little body wasn't all that powerful, now i'd prob break some bones...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 15 Oct 2009, 22:03

@TT: Yeah, I'm sure it doesn't hurt very much. It's just the whole "needle going in"-image that I can't have. I'll look away though.
Unfortunately, I'm not the fainting kind, cause if I was they could just inject it will I am out....no luck there unfortunately..

Also thought about the drinking-solution. Just not sure, it's a good idea :P
My doctor actually uses diversion techniques when he has to do something I won't like. Once he attacked my ear from behind and drew some blood from it. I hardly noticed anything....:D

F***, I am so scared :(
- Dragon Age Origins

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 16 Oct 2009, 01:26

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:I have to get a Hepatitis-shot before I go to Oman. And I'm such a chicken in that aspect of life :( I don't know how to handle it...
Courage comes when you overcome your fears ;) Be brave Milla!
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 16 Oct 2009, 06:14

Kalah wrote:A buddy of mine fainted once, before the nurse could even give him the shot.
Damn, what a pu~~y.

Honestly ppl I thought I mistranslated the whole thing before I read about needles, because I could not understand what all fuss is about.
It's just a shot, not a goddamn liver transplant. Hell it's not even immunoglobulin shot, which you may want to do if you need anti-bodies fast. (then you might be warried, cause it may trigger strong allergic reaction)

Milla - don't take any type of alcohol drinks just before the shot, and few month after it. If you will - it would greatly decrease effectiveness of the vaccine. Basically - you may end up with insufficient level of anti-bodies.
And dont be afraid. It's not even worth it.

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 16 Oct 2009, 11:15

Got my seasonal Flu shot last week. No big deal. Will go get the Swine Flu shot after Halloween.

Are they beating people over the head to get the vaccine in other countries the way they are here in the US? It's all over the TV. Worst part is that the local news got a close up piece of footage of a needle going into someone's arm. They played it on the commercial for the news every 20 minutes or so when they did a big drive to get as many people inoculated as possible. Big Needle plunging into an arm. Over and over. Can't see how THAT image was helping ANYONE be encouraged to go get the dratted thing.

The new Swine Flu vaccine only recently became available, and it's the squirt up the nose kind, not a shot. I'd rather have a shot. I spent to many miserable days with chlorine from pools or ocean salt water burning out my sinuses as a kid. I can't stand the thought of deliberately putting anything up my nose.

Gamers don't grow old. We just level up.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Oct 2009, 12:01

Apparently more people die from regular flu each year then they died from swine flu at the moment... so we don't care. But you're helping the economy by making sure the drug companies don't go under... that's something.
MistWeaver wrote:

Honestly ppl I thought I mistranslated the whole thing before I read about needles, because I could not understand what all fuss is about.
It's just a shot, not a goddamn liver transplant. Hell it's not even immunoglobulin shot, which you may want to do if you need anti-bodies fast. (then you might be warried, cause it may trigger strong allergic reaction)

Dude, i did most of my teeth with no anesthesia coz i hate needles... only had it twice, once coz she was taking out a rotten root and then had to clean the bone out (i liked her, i didn't even feel the needle go in), and the other time the guy couldn't work on it anymore coz it was too close to the nerve so i was twitching at random times... and i had like over 7 teeth done.

Return to “Campfire”