Random Thoughts - Third Edition

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Mar 2009, 22:37

I was outside, cutting up some more of the tree.... and I started singing. And then I couldn't stop laughing. The song?

"I cut down trees, I wear high heels, suspenders and a bra..."

:rofl: All hail Monty Python....
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 27 Mar 2009, 08:30

Shame you didn't meet any ent when you were cutting trees. :p

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Mar 2009, 10:18

Veldrynus wrote:It would be better if you would think before you post anything.
That's some good advice...

Veldrynus wrote:Another analogy: if every child is special, then none of them is really special.
If everyone has unique DNA then no one has unique DNA... (even twins, thanks to mutations that occur during life, you just have to dissect them to see it...)

Being different then anyone else doesn't mean everyone else has to be the same...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 27 Mar 2009, 15:37

Veldrynus wrote:That's a very shallow and hollow answer.
Because, obviously, that was my point in that post... ;|

And the mumbo-jumbo you said later implies you didn't even read my post, except just target a small part of it which you could since it wasn't properly made that way, in fact I intentionally made it "open-ended" because it wasn't the point of it (since I am not going to turn this into a philosophical debate).

But I have a question, CAN YOU COUNT?

If you can, it's relatively easy to get the picture then, try to count the activities, for example.

In my book, 3 > 1 anytime. Not sure if your math has the same properties though, since you said "few is more" so 1 > 3 (for example)... hmm.

of course, next thing you will pick on will probably be "why 3 and not 4?" or "why not 100?". I'm glad you at least take the time to think to understand my point!
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 27 Mar 2009, 19:12

ThunderTitan wrote:
If everyone has unique DNA then no one has unique DNA...
That's not what I'm talking about. The uniqueness of the DNA does not imply a value or importance.

If everybody in the world suddenly wins 2 billion dollars, does that mean that everybody becomes rich? In a city where everything is made out of gold, you probably could not buy a piece of bread by paying with a huge boulder of gold. The value and importance of things is always relative. Even a child could understand this.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 27 Mar 2009, 22:04

I'm always amazed by how you can come up to subjects/discussions which aren't even the point. I have no idea, how did you come up with a discussion on "values" or 'relative importance'? Or maybe you're talking about market values? (as in your example, which would be called supply). As long as bread in that example has more demand or possibly less supply (and same demand), then obviously it's going to be more "important" -- either because it's scarce (less supply) or because it's demanded more than gold (in that example). Frankly I'm not sure why I'm even replying to this "economics subject" maybe because this is a random thread? :P
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 27 Mar 2009, 22:25

What a bunch of girls! All that bickering.

I'm going partying...tomorrow night too :oex:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 27 Mar 2009, 22:45

Binge-drinking? :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 27 Mar 2009, 23:27

Blegh, just worked again. Had a week off, and today the first time. Why is it that when you begin, the first day again, it gets BUSY!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 27 Mar 2009, 23:58

Kalah wrote:Wha', getting drunk? Laid? Wha'? ;|
Everyone noticing how I am not dignifying this with a response? Yes? Good.

On another note, I just came this >.< close to throwing the first punch in a bar queue. First I go to one end of the bar and get no service for half an hour. This isn't entirely uncommon, so no reason to get mad, really. Except the guy who was purposely fondling my bum (partially weighed up by the chick who faked an orgasm as she forced her way in beside me in the queue).

I go back to my friends to lament my lack of beer, then decide to have another go at the other end of the bar. Making my way slowly forward, I get to the front (continually having to negotiate my way around some drunk loony and his wanker friend who seemed intent on starting a fight by mocking my beard). While trying to get some attention (and beer), the plonker beside me starts pushing me back into the last two airheads to make room for some girl, then HIS friend comes along and tells me to take it easy just for standing my ground, and when he finally gets his order, ahead of me, he spills half a pint of beer down my pants and shirt.

Most of the queue could be eliminated if people didn't order such elaborate stuff (non-beer). So when I get back to my table, my friends show me that they just opened a beer-only speed serving 3 meters from our table.

I deserve a friggin medal... but tomorrow I'm participating in the Nordic championship of snowball throwing (Yukigassen), where my goal will be to inflict as much bodily harm as possible while getting as drunk as possible.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 28 Mar 2009, 03:14

Borsuc wrote:I'm always amazed by how you can come up to subjects/discussions which aren't even the point.
That's only because you are always missing the point.

My point was that, given our limited time we must decide our priorities, and concentrate only on a small number of objectives we really feel important, no matter what these are.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 28 Mar 2009, 06:43

I uninstalled my Left 4 Dead, and my fonts have changed. This really sux. How do I change them back?
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 28 Mar 2009, 23:33

Wondering if there's any idiots here who seriously thinking of turning off the lights for Earth Hour. IMO, the whole thing is bull****. There are tons of ways to "give Earth a break", and they come up with this ridiculous idea. :disagree:
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 28 Mar 2009, 23:45

Yeah, the most annoying thing about this turnoff-the-lights bullshit is, that many thousands of self-sufficient morons will think, that at least on a symbolical level, they actually did something important and noble.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Mar 2009, 12:10

It's a nice symbolic gesture, absolutely irrelevant to the ecological crisis. If they really wanted to make a difference, they'd shut off the lights every night. Are you listening, Las Vegas? ;)

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 29 Mar 2009, 16:24

Let us join hands and sing a song about faeries too, while we're at it.
- Duke

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Mar 2009, 16:43

Because doing nothing and making the people in charge think we don't care is so much more helpful...

So unless you're personally actually doing something about it pls shut up...
Veldrynus wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote:
If everyone has unique DNA then no one has unique DNA...
That's not what I'm talking about. The uniqueness of the DNA does not imply a value or importance.

If everybody in the world suddenly wins 2 billion dollars, does that mean that everybody becomes rich? In a city where everything is made out of gold, you probably could not buy a piece of bread by paying with a huge boulder of gold. The value and importance of things is always relative. Even a child could understand this.
Hello inflation...

But none of those have any real value... that's why they become useless if everyone has them...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 29 Mar 2009, 17:43

ThunderTitan wrote:Because doing nothing and making the people in charge think we don't care is so much more helpful...

So unless you're personally actually doing something about it pls shut up...
Doing something about what? Cheap stunts and popularity contests?
- Duke

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Mar 2009, 21:43

There is one city that actually shuts off its skyline at night... which is it? Hong Kong? Taipei? Something like that. That's the stuff.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Mar 2009, 13:38

Ethric wrote: Doing something about what? Cheap stunts and popularity contests?
Sure, if politics is your thing why not...

Return to “Campfire”