Who are your friends?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Feb 2009, 19:53

Veldrynus wrote:I have no friends, only temporary allies...
Figures. :baby:

I like talking about friends. I'll write a very long essay about them in due time. Maybe in two weeks. Maybe before....dunno. :D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Asmodeus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Asmodeus » 09 Mar 2009, 17:14

Friends... there is no need for me to have some ,one day they will betrey me and then i have to do this :hanged:
wtf should i write ?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Mar 2009, 09:17

What are you complaining about? That's the fun part...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Asmodeus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Asmodeus » 10 Mar 2009, 14:29

Yes but it is even more funny to give them a painfull slow death B-)
wtf should i write ?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 10 Mar 2009, 20:59

As I said before, I'd write about some of my friends, eh?

Before I introduce some of them here, I should say a few words about myself – since I'm wasn't always a very sociable person.

I was born and raised (until 7) in a pretty violent city around Brazil's capital, so I wasn't really a kid with much places to go and friends. Then, I was rather pleased just with my sister's care (mother and father were always working or studying, so I didn't see them much when I was little). After that, during my youth, I went living at the North without my sister, in a small town, where I started having what we might call more freedom to walk around. But that was a very slow process. I got used to play videogames and spent much time indoors. So I didn't meet much people either way and again, not many friends. They were usually people with some similarities in their daily routines compared to mine, i.e., didn't smoke, drink, not fond of parties (night life), etc.

When I came to this city after graduating at North (now I'm at South), there was noboby of my family around, just a single friend who gave me support in the first months. During this time, I had the feeling and the very need to start meeting people. And the good thing was about that was that the most different from me they were, the better was to meet them. Such odd way to behave, to think and that's all about having as many friends as you can as one of the best things I'd ever experience in life.

After a year or so, I went living with a couple for 7 or 8 months. They were a really nice couple and taught me many things about their way of living. I started swearing more than usual (it feels good actually), speaking more freely about myself, about women, and other stuff - things that I should have talked about friends, father, mother back then (my step-mother, though, always talked with me about anything and still do). Their names were Charles and Thaís. When we were living together for 7 months, they broke appart. He was very sad and she wouldn't stop crying. It went that way for almost another month. Then they restarted their life and I decided living closer to where I was working...I'll talk a bit about Charles, who died almost 2 years ago, less than 5 months after I left home.

Charles was a friend of mine who was born in the Southern State of Rio Grande do Sul. Thus, he had very different habits that those of mine, from the way to talk to the way he looked like. He was a very positive person, always talking about cherrful things, even when he wasn't good. When I got some problems at work, he'd come and say something to cheer me up yet respecting my sorrow, without being annoying. You know, that sort of person you'll get along well whatever happens? So, that was him. He was a friend I'd go to work, since we were workmates at first, but he'd carry me around to the parties (when I started going out, around 23 years-old). Although I didn't feel comfortable at the parties, he and his girlfriend kept dancing all the time. I watched that carefully, as if trying to find a pattern of how to dance or so and I realized it didn't really matter at all - the important thing was the meaning of your presence in there. What was I doing there? So, I started not being concerned with being dull, dumb, or funny, but just to try and have fun, which what I was expecting to.

He taught me, in his way to live, how to live in a more free-of-thoughts way, not bothering about what others would think or say.

I left my job and started working at other place and so I started wondering where I'd move so I could live next to my job. I left him with his parents (by that time he was dating another lovely girl, whilst I was kinda sad because one I liked much went to Germany).

I'll continue later...
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Mar 2009, 08:57

Asmodeus wrote:Yes but it is even more funny to give them a painfull slow death B-)
Noob... if their necks break you're doing it wrong...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Asmodeus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Asmodeus » 11 Mar 2009, 13:14

In these things i'm devenetly not a noob ,trust me . And who said that i would breack there necks ? I would perforate them with a lance and enjoy there painfull cryes untill they die a slow painfull death :rip:
wtf should i write ?

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 11 Mar 2009, 17:09

Asmodeus, I think you're in the wrong forum. TV Land is some miles away.
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 Mar 2009, 17:11

Continuing the tale...

I was working out at my current gym, where I met some people I enjoyed
meeting - the gamons. 2 days before moving from my place, the women who would rent a house to me said she's forgotten me and had already rented for a girl and there I was - homeless.
That's when I met André, my best friend in life. I asked one of my friends who worked at the gym if he knew anyone who would rent a room or something, then he pointed out André. Until then, I didn't even talk to him. The first time we talked with each other was to ask if he had a room to rent for me. :) I was expecting a small place what we call kitnet. But actually, the room was in his apartment. And there I was, stunned by this. I wasn't really used to see a person offering home to a completely stranger, and that was something I really appreciated and admired.
The first day I was at my new home, we talked a lot about many things and I've found out that he was a very easy person to deal with and always, always cheerful - unconcerned by things that could go wrong and if they did go wrong, whatever. He'd go through it anyway. That way I started learning a new way to deal with things, started being more positivist about anything and I felt really better.
After a while I joined parties and had a lot of new experiences which I can only thank these people with all my heart. I can't tell if they know how these years have been nice to me and I mean the best of my efforts to
make their lives as good as I can help.
When I was going to tell Charles that I started going out, having this and that drink and talking more to people, something like the day before, I received a message saying that he passed away and then I couldn't tell personally this to him and I felt hollow – until that day, I've never lost any real friend of mine or a really loved relative.

With this introduction, it's easier to talk about my friends now. :) For those who want to read all this babbling anyway. :rolleyes:

André: this man is one I call nowadays (Lety might be proud too haha) Big'bro (really in English) or Dé. A really positivist person, sympathetic and really good at finding available pretty and hot girls wherever we go, although he has a girlfriend. These last almost 2 and half years we are sharing the same apartment, he's taught me many things about simple relatioship between people, helping me be less shy with women (with pretty good results, you see), and we have conversations I should had had with my father, for instance. So I'm having him as a model of an older male figure that I had not in my youth and infancy and even my father acknowleges that. André told my father that's he's almost 'fixing' me which made my father laugh a lot. We go well along and make each other company at the gym, beach, parties or whatever else - so he's almost like a father to me too (someday I'll let him learn about these things I'm saying here), even being just 2 years older (28). He's a doctor and attends at the Marine Forces and other clinics, so he usually takes care of any illness we gamons are suffering – FREE OF CHARGE! :D I usually go to any place with André. There's not a place where I say I go more, like a party or so. We go walking around the neighboor, go having lunch, to cinema or just stick at home playing video game. He likes to do anything actually and practises surf, MMA, capoeira, kung fu, football, voleyball or any beach-related sport. He's a partner for any time for any weather. :proud: I really admire him.

Joyce: she's André's girlfriend and I started having her as a sister. She's really lovely and also troublesome sometimes (like most women :tongue:). That's because she likes drinking and she drinks like there's no tomorrow. So she becomes messy and annoying when we go out. Last Sunday she threw up all night after having too much whisky for her own good (it made André really happy...actually, he laughed a bit with her condition but became sour when he reminded himself that they wouldn't have their daily sexual intercourse that night – they are almost like rabbits!). I have much love to the two of them and, and having all my wishes for them to be happy and healthy, I'd do anything for them so it stays unchanged.

Jackeline: André's mother. He's her spit image. Actually, if he wasn't just as big as me (we have the same height and weight and our bodyshape is so similar that many people really thinks we're siblings), you could put on a woman wig that he'd be his mother. And all that cheerful and positivist aura cames from her (his father is...er...it's enough to say that I don't like him much for what he does to his current wife - but I go along nice with him too). She's married with a gentle man who is always looking as if out to fall asleep. She has become my godmother - the interesting thing is that I asked her to be my godmother not regarding any religion. But that it was a way to symbolize how much I liked her as a person who treated me so well since our first meeting. She is adorable. I visit her a couple of times during the year.

Thiago: Thiago is the first gamon I met when I first entered the gym. Charisma was the first thought in my mind when I asked him directions to get to the gym (which is situated within a club). Easy person to talk and chat with, he is the first one to make contact with strangers wherever we go. I go with him to the beaches, gym, parties and he is, after André, the person I go out the most. But differently from the latter, Thiago annoys me many times but I'm get used to his way - you see, he's that sort of person who's hard to convince when they're wrong and he is always, ALWAYS, late for any commitment. I told him that if he's not getting ready to go out with us and makes us wait all the time, he's not showing the proper respect or dedication we show to him by spending our time doing nothing useful while he was doing something for his own good - we may call that a selfish attitude. Nowadays, when I make that face "I'm waiting but I'm not enjoying it a little", he hastes. Actually, I may be teaching him something. ^^ He's also someone that helped me become less shy when within crowds. I call him Nii-chan :D. That's another friend that I'd die for if I must. Even if he gets angry easily, specially at home - those kind of people who yells to the wrong person. When he broke with his girlfriend, he was dismall and I supported him the way I could. Now he's going out with 4 or 5 women at the same time - I think he's somewhat better now... and he has always listened to me when I had my problems too AND, his home is my second home, since his family is what I call step-family. He's some months older than me.

Dudu: he's Thiago's younger brother (24) and another friend I really like. Differently from Thiago, Dudu is concerned with timing, but he's never earlier because he's always forgetting where he puts his things and their home is messy most of the time. He's been recently my partner at gym, given that I gave up Thiago because he was always late. Dudu is a heated person, maybe more than Thiago and they argue at least 1 time per week when I'm present, called each other retard and stuff - I got used to it anyway but I dare not say that the two of them are always talking about meaningless stuff or are both wrong. He's also a gamon and sometimes seem to take care of me along with his girlfriend Drika when we're at parties. When I'm wearing some clothing that is not right on me, he or she comes and fix for me, they cut my hair too, etc. I'm fond of them. ^^ I usually go to them to beaches, night parties, trackings or any other daily activity, simpler like a dinner or to watch a movie at home.

More later. :hoo:

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 11 Mar 2009, 18:59

Thanks for sharing Panda. You seem to have changed a lot by the effect your new friends have had on you. Did you ever meet people you didn't get along with, didn't like, maybe at the gym?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 11 Mar 2009, 23:05

It's even longer than the previous post, ain't that forbidden? Only Corribus was yet known, to writting incredibly length thesis. Panda!? :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 12 Mar 2009, 15:51

Well, I just started writing about them, you see. :-D There are many other people I'll write about when I get the time.

About knowing people I didn't get along - actually, I don't fancy a certain profile of people, although I might have some as 'coleagues'. What I call friend is what I'd give my life to protect, because I know they value theirs and mine. When I found someone I didn't like much, I just learned to deal with their way, but I don't hate or have any enemies. That's not healthy. That, of course, doesn't make me immune to become irritated once in a while with someone.

Return to “Campfire”