Talk about the weather

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 Feb 2014, 12:23

Sunny day. Extra special weather. No snow, thawing.

It's like if Spring is sprouting up. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Feb 2014, 17:31

Thaw here too ... a few plus degrees, making the huge amounts of snow begin melting.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 12 Jun 2014, 16:14

Windy, Cloudy, then somehow Sunny, then Cloudy again, and Windy. The Fall in my city is so stereotyped. :D Cool temperatures this year. Not the strange and fierce cold of the last year, when it snowed in 93 Brazilian cities (we have + 5k cities).
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Jun 2014, 16:32

Sunny today, really hot. Windy now. Nice. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 07 Jul 2014, 14:34

Too much hot weather. Really too much. Unpleasantly not nice.

Raining, raining, halluci..
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Jul 2014, 18:36

It's been tropical heat here the last week or so, but today (and probably tomorrow) we'll have torrential rain.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 10 Jul 2014, 15:00

How hot is hot in Norway anyway? :|

Meanwhile, we are in the winter! And temperatures are... 18ºC. :D This year it's not a cold year, like last year when it snowed in 93 Brazilian cities (might be the only time it happened since historic registrations). By 'snowed', I mean that small flocks or a white carpet was present, if for only a couple of hours. Even in my city it happened, and that was the first time.

I have never came in contact with snow, and that was not the day to do so either. It only snowed at the top of the tallest mountains around the city. And after a couple of hours of that day, it melted away.

Funny thing is that this reminds me of Christmas and Santa and all that North Pole tosh. It took really some years until I realized from my childhood that Santa Claus in those clothing and all those snow-like decorations didn't make any sense in my country, because it's summer. Funny thing is that we are so used to see that that if we try to make Santa Claus and all Christmas adapt to a summer identity, all our childhood will be ruined.

Getting back to the weather, it's cloudy. It might rain any time or not. In this island, climate can change abruptly out of the blue, and sometimes it just makes no sense at all. It's also a bit windy, which might give the effect that it's colder, so people are wearing jackets here and there. I'm not a person that likes cold weather, although I'm not someone that feels cold easy as well, so, today, for me it's a very good day! :D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 10 Jul 2014, 15:40

Panda Tar wrote:How hot is hot in Norway anyway? :|

Meanwhile, we are in the winter! And temperatures are... 18ºC. :D

For me that means Spring.

And the too hot is over 30°C, in that exact case it was 36°C same like previous year - but shorter. Now we have raining in Prague too, temperatures dropped to normal. :-D
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 10 Jul 2014, 15:55

Spring here usually has the hottest day of the year, although summer has the most number of too hot days. :D

In...I think it was in 2012, during the Spring, I was almost melting while walking about the city. Local thermometers displayed 45-47ºC and a heavy, glaring sun. During the summer, though, things didn't go over 42ºC, but there were times we had 2-week long 40ºC days. :sweat: Then a refreshing time (like 30ºC) that would last a couple of days, then another heat wave.

When I lived closer to the Amazon Rainforest, it was always something like 30-32ºC, even at night. It was rather overwhelming. There are cities there where it rains every day or all the day: always. After moving south, I do prefer this 4-season climate than that old 2-season one (hot and wet / hot and dry). The odd thing about this 4-season climate is that it rains in the winter. At North, the winter is the hot-dry season (where I lived. Although in the rainforest will always be raining).

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Jul 2014, 16:31

Panda Tar wrote:How hot is hot in Norway anyway? :|
Our definition of tropical temperatures is when the daytime temperature is +30°C and the night temperature never goes below 20°C

Right now it's 30°C here in my town. :sweat:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 10 Jul 2014, 17:28

Hmmm...nice to know that there are fair temperatures up there, good time to go visiting. :-D

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Jul 2014, 16:27

It's doing some sunny and fairly hot days, lately, around 28-30 here, although it's winter. HOWEVER!!!!! A cold air mass is coming this way and it's said it'll be the coldest one of the year. It's likely to hit this region until 22nd July. So...goodbye, sun, and heat! :(

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Jul 2014, 18:30

So hot and sunny here ... I'll try to get a nice tan, but it's so hot that I sometimes have to go inside ... drinking cold drinks and eating ice cream. :yummy: :sweat:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 22 Jul 2014, 23:23

Another hot one today. According to the media, all the Norwegian heat records are in the process of being broken. To me, that means I'll go out boating and swimming all the more. :)
Today the sea was flat as a mirror and without wind, we were able to just go far out to sea in our little boat, without any bumpiness on the waves. Luvvin' it. :-D

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 23 Jul 2014, 13:31

Meanwhile, this is a rather odd winter. Yesterday, we had 25ºC and a strong sun. It's cloudy today due a polar air mass that's advancing now. In the east of this state, it's raining a lot, and on the mountains, it might even snow. Here at the coast, it'll be fair, around 18ºC.

Not a cold winter this year. It looks like the beginning of the Fall actually.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Jul 2014, 22:10

Midnight. Still 25 degrees C here. Sitting outside is the only way to keep cool.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Jul 2014, 18:55

Lightning, thunder and torrential downpour. I'm sitting in the car, watching. It took about two minutes for the highway to flood.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Aug 2014, 10:36

Big lightning storms flowing from Europe upwards to Norway; the official record of number of lightning strikes in 24 hours was beaten last night, with 178.663 registered strikes across the country.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 05 Aug 2014, 12:59

It's been hot and it still is hot. 30-35°C for half a month or more. It's beginning to look like I'm living in an Inferno town or something :D

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 12 Aug 2014, 13:53

Our winter is not getting cold either. Yesterday we had 28ºC and today it's somewhere in that line. They said it would get a bit cold by Thursday, but the 'cold' would be minimal of 8ºC and maximum of 18ºC. It's also sunny. Very peculiar winter, if compared to the last year with snow and such.

Return to “Campfire”