Round Table Weekly

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 20 Feb 2007, 12:34

I'm sure I've posted this before...

I'm the one in the middle. (DUH!) The orcs were always a big joke. The best part of it is that "Scarlett" thinks she's beautiful. I have the BEST fun in that outfit. (Yes, I have LARPed in it. No I don't "CosPlay".)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Feb 2007, 14:24

ScarlettP wrote: The best part of it is that "Scarlett" thinks she's beautiful.

But do the boy orcs think she's beautiful?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 20 Feb 2007, 15:10

Is that a before or after pic Scarlett? :D
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 20 Feb 2007, 23:42

HA! "Scarlett" gets a lot of "Action"! Although, strangly enough, even over all my 'sexy' costumes back when I was young and cute enough to wear them, the costume that gets the most 'action' is ZORA! As in orginal Planet of the Apes. EVERY guy wants his picture taken kissing Zora. Of course, I always have to say "Well, OK. But you're so damned ugly."

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 20 Feb 2007, 23:54

That would be an amazing sight! B-)
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Feb 2007, 02:17

Occurs to me I never answered winterfate's question. Can he write for the RTW? I can assure you all that my delayed response had nothing to do with my being busy with real life stuff - as I was really not - nor with my not knowing what to say in response - which I didn't, but that's not the reason either. Seriously, I was trying to find an answer for a couple of minutes, but then I stopped and did something else until he sent me PM number... well, if it's a number at all, I think we'd better call some guys from MIT to find where in the numerical system it should be.

No, the reason I haven't answered is because I didn't want to. See, you don't ask to write for my articles - which is the reason I haven't answered any other requests over the years either. When Thelonious asked to be the "cameraman" in my old thread, I sat my ass down in a chair and waited to see if he had anything interesting to provide rather than interfere with his work at all. Same response here - rather than saying yes I sat down and waited to see what he had to offer, and if he'd get a positive response from the readers.

I have an answer now, but I'm not going to tell you what it is. I'm just going to say this:

I write items like these only when I think I have something good on my hands. I write well grammatically and phonetically - well, so I like to imagine, at least, so please remember that when you remind me that I'm not supposed to listen to the voices in my head - and I think that if somebody has something original, funny and/or interesting to write they should feel free to do so either in a new thread or in an existing one suitable for the purpose. Now please read that again. And stress the words original, funny and/or interesting. Winterfate may want to set up his own thread or keep writing stuff in this one, though I'd remember those three words both in the case of writing in an existing thread and in generating a new one.

Just remember: there is only one Kalah. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 21 Feb 2007, 02:26

Thanks Kalah!!! ;)

I am honored! Wow, I never realized you felt this way...now I feel kind of sorry for being such a pest...
Just remember: there is only one Kalah.
I would never dare to forget that ;).
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 21 Feb 2007, 02:46

And despite the lack of any response to my offer to get "someone" to hit Kalah over the head, I am going to d.. get "someone" to do it anyway. He's just too snooty not too :D
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 21 Feb 2007, 05:49

gravyluvr wrote:
ScarlettP wrote:*shrug* What can I say? You gotta live with the truth. :sceptic:

(FYI - Scarlett Pusswort is the name of my Orc. I'm a member of the Clan of the Bloody Hand.)
I guess that's better than your brother Bloody Pusswort :nervous:
8|
:D

excellent work as usual K

and winterfate, I like yours too
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Feb 2007, 09:37

Kalah wrote: Just remember: there is only one Kalah. :)
Shoudn't that be "There can be only one Kalah!"

FIGHT!
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 21 Feb 2007, 15:59

For those of you have missed the 38 pages of the Hell Is Real Thread...

A Summary of the Hell Is Real Thread
by Gravyluvr
Corribus wrote:Etherplex giganet foo clearly states that wave snaps fish into the provable theory of god's existence is relatively waveless
Jolly Joker wrote:Are you blind? I've read 7 wikis that clearly states that you are not a Kennedy. The Copernicus Circumcision has proven that God spoke every language and knew 357 that man has either stopped speaking or do not yet have the comprehension to understand.
Gaidal Cain wrote:Citizendium has already proven that only high school dropouts populate Wikpedia. I would like you to name the 357 languages that god knows.
Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:1 Corinthians 14:10
Undoubtedly there are all sorts of languages in the world, yet none of them is without meaning.
Mytikal wrote:Obviously we live in a world with languages otherwise we could not speak to each other and then we would need to communicate with telepathy or a yet undiscovered form of communication. And this is the point that we all seam to be missing in this thread. And that is why I am taking an extremely round about way to try to get to the point that I am about to point out since I am just moving my hands along the keyboard while I am actually figuring out the point that I am about to make and I lost Gravyluvr about six lines ago because he has the attention span of a four year old.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 21 Feb 2007, 16:20

Etherplex giganet foo clearly states that wave snaps fish into the provable theory of god's existence is relatively waveless.
I NEVER said the theory of god's existence was waveless. There are clearly waves. Look at the ocean, you fool! I think you are misinterpreting what I said about etherplex giganet foo.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 21 Feb 2007, 18:20

@gravyluvr
Nice! :D

@Kalah
Your brutal honesty is rather surprising. I'm glad there are people out there who can speak their mind like that.
- Metathron

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 21 Feb 2007, 18:27

Kalah wrote:Just remember: there is only one Kalah. :)
(thank the lord) ;)
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 21 Feb 2007, 18:54

One is more than enough. ;)
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Feb 2007, 15:56

gravyluvr wrote: A Summary of the Hell Is Real Thread
by Gravyluvr
Hey... where am I?!

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 25 Feb 2007, 22:57

very nicely done gravyluvr, we can always count on you for a precise, concise summary of events as they happened

now at least I understand why it was briefly closed :D
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Feb 2007, 19:45

Studio Commentary: "Today, on this wonderful, spectacular, breathtaking Monday of February, we bring you... a bit of a downer."

Anchor: "Mr. Veldrynus, welcome to the studio, and welcome back to the boards!"
Veldrynus: "Shuddup. And turn off that f***ing jingle."
Anchor: "Not a big fan of U2, eh?"
Veldrynus: "F***ing over-paid, false-singing, rhythm-less, over-zealous motherf..."
Anchor: "Right – a bit grumpy today, are we?"
Veldrynus: "I f***ing hate this place. Not just this place, the whole globe is so f***ing dull."
Anchor: "I see. And..."
Veldrynus: "In fact, I can control my excitement for the entire solar system."
Anchor: "Well, if..."
Veldrynus: "The universe sucks."
Anchor: "What's wrong with it?"
Veldrynus: "It's f***ing 3D, for starters."
Anchor: "..."
Veldrynus: "And then there's the ridiculous notion that because we loved the old world, somehow that justifies moving on to a brand new one without as much as a goodbye-party."
Anchor: "Ah! Wavelength match. You're talking about the Heroes universe."
Veldrynus: "They drop in hints here and there... this bi*ch who was the "turned to necromancy by Sandro himself", for instance... but what's the point of that if the whole old world is gone and no connection is made to the new one?"
Anchor: "So what you're saying is that..."
Veldrynus: "It's crap!"
Anchor: "Oookey. So you're disappointed."
Veldrynus: "Yes."
Anchor: "Feel it was a waste of money."
Veldrynus: "Well, it would have been if I had bought it."
Anchor: "Ah. But lots of time, I gather."
Veldrynus: "No, I only played it for ten minutes."
Anchor: "Right. So your main complaint is... that a game you didn't buy or play very much was... bad. Tell me, are you one of those who get upset with web admins for not keeping the sites you browse up to date?"
Veldrynus: "Of course! One should expect more from them."
Anchor: "People who use their spare time to make websites you can browse for free?"
Veldrynus: "Yes. Slackers."
Anchor: "Right. Now, let's talk about why you were banned from the forum some time ago."
Veldrynus: "I was bad."
Anchor: "Y...e...e...e...s, we kind of got that from the response. What did you do, exactly?"
Veldrynus: "Well, I was being bad. Bad boy."
Anchor: "Yes, but what was it?"
Veldrynus: "Look, I am the best Heroes 4 mapmaker around, agreed?"
Anchor: "Well, one of the best, I would..."
Veldrynus: "AGREED!?"
Anchor: "Please put the vase down, it's quite expensive. Now, tell me what it was you did before I call your mom."
Veldrynus: "Nonono don't do that, I'll be nice, see, the vase is on the table."
Anchor: "Well?"
Veldrynus: "Oh, I just asked for permission to do something, and when they said no I did it anyway."
Anchor: "Ah... but then, what's the point of even asking?"
Veldrynus: "I forgot that it's usually easier to get forgiveness than permission."
Anchor: "So, after a bit of time in the penalty box they let you come back."
Veldrynus: "Yes, because I'm the best mapmaker around and the boards would be so empty without me."
Anchor: "Without your bitching and whining and constant flow of sarcastic comments, you mean?"
Veldrynus: "Uh-huh. But this is hardly news, is it?"
Anchor: "You're complaining that we're not up do date, now?"
Veldrynus: "Well, this is supposed to be the news, isn't it?"
Anchor: "No, it's a feature."
Veldrynus: "Well, that's all right then."
Anchor: "Shuddup."
Veldrynus: "That's my line."
Anchor: "All right, that's that, then."
Veldrynus: "Hey! Um... I did have one last thing before we go back to our respective worlds of complaining and bothering the hell out of people..."
Anchor: "Yes?"
Veldrynus: "Well, I hear that you're on a first-name basis with some of the hunnies 'round here and I was wondering..."
Anchor: "Oh, you mean the groupies?"
Veldrynus: "Yess – any chance you could set me up on a date with one of them?"
Anchor: "Blonde? Brunette?"
Veldrynus: "Sure."
Anchor: "Aaaaall right... lemme just call up this one I met at a wrap party last week... Ah! Hey, babe – remember you said I could call you any time? Yeh, I'm calling on behalf of my man Veldrynus – he's too shy to ask you out... Aha! You've seen Vel? Not your type... So what's your type, then? Aha... Beat it, Vel, we don't need you right now..."
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Feb 2007, 20:29

Kalah wrote:Studio Commentary: "Today, on this wonderful, spectacular, breathtaking Monday of February, we bring you... a bit of a downer."
Wow, i feel better already. Onward to reading the rest....

And in honor of being depressed here's something i saved from way back (hope it's not to early for this to be allowed):
Shuyssar wrote:There are numerous brilliant quotes said by Shuyssar that must be preserved. Note that most of these statements are about Heroes of Might and Magic series.

* OMG! You're stupid!

* I am not rude, you pig!

* You don't know nothing! Ignorant are you.

* You need a better computer!
o (As an answer to a help-seeker who couldn't build a specific building in Heroes of Might and Magic V, while the game had no other errors)

* Ignorant and foolish speech! If you don't like dragons, you should play another game!

* I build everything!
o (As an answer to the question of in which order to build buildings)

* You're lame hypocritc.

* I think the Peasant Dragon is not a good idea. How can a dragon be a simple peasant and work the fields???

* Haven rocks! I love the angels.
** Archangels are gay! They really are! Just look at their feminine appearance! Dragons rule!

* That's not true! You're either ignorant, or you don't have enough brain for a tactical game...

* You people are rude and ignorant. I like this game whether you want it or not.

* WOW!!! Is this true?
** It is not funny!
o (in response to an obviously fake news about expansions: Nails of Destiny; Screwdrivers of Infinity; Pliers of Doom)

* OMG! This is a very long post!

* There is not much bad language in hiphop. Only a little I can tolerate. Hiphop has also a message few people can understand.
** Stop the ignorance! I am listening very good music for smarter people!
*** I won't slaughter my family!

* Using outdated video cards is sooo stupid. If all you people don't get a strong hardware, the game producres might be forced to create lame games with horrible graphics!!!!!
Last edited by ThunderTitan on 26 Feb 2007, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 26 Feb 2007, 20:33

Kalah wrote:
Veldrynus: "The universe sucks."
Anchor: "What's wrong with it?"
Veldrynus: "It's f***ing 3D, for starters."

Veldrynus: "I forgot that it's usually easier to get forgiveness than permission."
:D :D :D
- Metathron

Return to “Campfire”