Round Table Weekly

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Apr 2006, 13:10

Studio Commentary: "Today, we have been asked to explain the lack of an article for last week's edition. Conceding that the article was in fact not issued, our editor has decided to make a comment for the record. He ensures our subscribers that future releases are forthcoming, but also regrets to inform the public that the writer has a mind of his own and writes only when and if he damn well pleases, and that, quote "if anybody has a problem with that, they can take it up with the complaints' department located next to the batting cage on the first floor", unquote. Our editor would also like to stress that the views of this reporter are his own, and not necessarily the broadcasters' – that is, he only represents the broadcaster whenever he says or does anything uncontroversial. Which isn't often."

Anchor: "Now, for this week's interview, we have sucked in a so-called 'lurker'. That is, a member who reads more than he writes. Ethric, welcome."
Ethric: "You know damn well that I only passed by and that your guys shanghaied me as soon as they saw me."
Anchor: "You're welcome, nonetheless. So, what have you been up to lately?"
Ethric: "You mean this 'interview' is an actual interview, and not just a roast?"
Anchor: "Well, of course, just tell us about your everyday doings of late."
Ethric: "Nothing I say will be used against me?"
Anchor: "Of course not, my dear Sir, I assure you, you are perfectly safe."
Ethric: "You just want to talk about me?"
Anchor: "One of the best topics around presently, I think. Not a word about the story of those very young ladies seen leaving your flat a little after two a.m. three days ago, I promise. Now, why don't you tell me, what have you been doing lately? You were one of the more active – quite possibly the most active figure on the old forum; yet now you have turned into some kind of opposite of ThunderTitan."
Ethric: "Opening my mouth only when I have something to say?"
Anchor: "Yes, one of those."
Ethric: "Well, I think I have said all I wanted to say, really. Maybe there'll be more when the game arrives. I'm sure I'll find something to criticize."
Anchor: "Your opinions are valued, I trust?"
Ethric: "Well, I doubt there are many people out there with as balanced and thoroughly advocated view as I have *sniff* and I am quite certain that once the new game hits the shelves I shall find enough topics to debate on and thus keep the forum buzzing with activity for some time. You know, it's important not to let such important reflections go to waste."
Anchor: "Some of the forumers also keep referring to something called 'real life' in this thread dedicated to letting people know you'll be gone for a spell – is that something we can assume is relevant for you also?"
Ethric: "Not really, no."
Anchor: "So what kind of important business has kept you away?"
Ethric: "Oh, it's mostly been computer games, really. You know: Oblivion, X3, that sort of thing."
Anchor: "School?"
Ethric: "What?"
Anchor: "Well… what about school?"
Ethric: "What about it?"
Anchor: "You attend? It takes up a great deal of time?"
Ethric: "Well, if I were to attend lectures, that would mean I would have to go out… You know... outside. Amongst other people."
Anchor: "Right."
Ethric: "And during the daytime too, with that gigantic, bright scareball in the sky – I mean, it's a filthy habit."
Anchor: "So you don't do that much, then..."
Ethric: "Well, when I have to. Fortunately, in the era of the internet, I don't have to too often. And in the wintertime, up here, it's like one long night – never gets light. That's why I live up here..."
Anchor: "Let's talk about your title – 'Necrosorcerous Rex' – what's it mean?"
Ethric: "Means I'm the king of undead magicians. Or something like that."
Anchor: "You do a lot of that? Magic, I mean?"
Ethric: "Oh, sure. Hey, would you like to see me pull a vampire out of this here hat?"
Anchor: "Maybe later. Why do you have this übertitle – it is so, isn't it, that you are the only one on the forum having your very own unique custom title?"
Ethric: "Got that 'cause I was the numero uno poster in the old one."
Anchor: "Ah, yes, Kalah was a couple of hundred behind you, wasn't he... Say, he's one of the few occasionally daring his way up to your den, isn't he?"
Ethric: "Yeees?"
Anchor: "So he visits?"
Ethric: "What are you getting at?"
Anchor: "Well, it just seems a bit odd, perhaps – a summoner and a lich hanging out, enjoying themselves?"
Ethric: "Whoa, I wouldn't say we're enjoying ourselves."
Anchor: "No?"
Ethric: "Oh, no – it's more like we tolerate each other's presence, really."
Anchor: "Our photographer got some snaps of your guest departing with a big smile on his face?"
Ethric: "Yeah, that just because that son-of-a... had a commanding lead in Alpha Centauri." *mumble* damn cloning vats *mumble*
Anchor: "Hang on a minute... you mean to say you were actually defeated by said inexperienced tree-hugger?"
Ethric: "Oh, well... I would probably have taken him in the end. After all, I'm the man. Hey, what are you doing?"
Anchor: "Oh, never mind, just making a few notes for tonight's news broadcast... let's see... 'summoner kills off necro opponent' *scribble* 'necro king dethroned' *scribble, scribble* ..
Ethric: "Anyway, as I was saying, I think that with my overwhelming majority in the Council… Are you getting this?"
Anchor: *scribble* "Hm? Oh, yes, please go on..."
Ethric: "Eventually I would have..."
Anchor: *scribble* "admits defeat..." *scribble*
Ethric: "... excuse me, do I have your full and undivided attention?"
Anchor: "Hm? Yes, yes, of course you do.. I'm just writing down these…"
Ethric: "Right. Um... there's been an earthquake in Cleveland."
Anchor: "Good."
Ethric: "And after I gave your mom a spanking, I proceeded to feed the tadpoles..."
Anchor: "Right... *scribble* uh... say what?
Ethric: "As I was saying, I think I had him beat."
Anchor: "Ah."
Ethric: "You want to hear some more about me?"
Anchor: "You know, I think we pretty much have what we need. Thank you very much."
Ethric: "Let me just show you the thing with my vampire-out-of-the-hat trick."
Anchor: "... all right, sure."
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 10 Apr 2006, 13:12

Kalah wrote:Ethric: "You know damn well that I only passed by and that your guys shanghaied me as soon as they saw me."
You know, not to long ago I was talking to someone about who was going to be next. I mentioned, "He could always do another one about Ethric..." and here it is. ;)
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Apr 2006, 14:33

Kalah wrote:Conceding that the article was in fact not issued, our editor has decided to make a comment for the record. He ensures our subscribers that future releases are forthcoming, but also regrets to inform the public that the writer has a mind of his own and writes only when and if he damn well pleases, and that, quote "if anybody has a problem with that, they can take it up with the complaints' department located next to the batting cage on the first floor", unquote
Hey, did you steal my batting cage? I've been wondering where that thing went. :|
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 10 Apr 2006, 15:01

Haha....

Good one, *Dodge another taunting from Kalah*
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 10 Apr 2006, 15:28

what a55a55in said. :-D
Is that Alpha Centauri thing real? If so, do you play just the original or with Alien Crossfire? I never managed to find Alien Crossfire anywhere, but I'd still like to know if it's worth it.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Fenris
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Fenris » 16 Apr 2006, 13:31

a55a55in wrote:
It's not easy finding "subjects", but in general I grab those I can think of a good interview with. So if you're active, chances are you'll be noticed for something, and that's what I'll jump at.
OK, then I gotta keep a loe profile. Once he spotted me, he won't stop taunting at his victims
Kinda like the art of avoiding answering questions at school. First rule: Don't ever look the teacher in the eyes when he/she asks a question. Then there's things like avoiding a too low profile, looking a bit busy etc etc. Learning this art has probably led to better grades for me since the teachers never realized how much I don't understand.

Translating this to the Round Table: Don't look Kalah in the eyes and don't say anything that he can use against you.
Hey, I know where we are! We're in that place where I didn't know where we were before!

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 16 Apr 2006, 15:34

I wonder when Ethric takes his place at the top again...
Grah!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Apr 2006, 18:12

As soon as he find out where I live and does whatever he did to DL. Poor DL, didn't realize that demons don't stand a chance against undead...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 16 Apr 2006, 21:19

He has a lot of people to go through then. He'll probably pick up speed though- raising his victims and all that 8|
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 16 Apr 2006, 21:33

He has a lot of people to go through then. He'll probably pick up speed though- raising his victims and all that
Uh, oh undead demons cant be good and especially a undead demon DL is something terryfing to think about. :nervous:

Anyway
R.I.P DL :rip: :devil:

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 17 Apr 2006, 13:04

Orfinn wrote:Uh, oh undead demons cant be good and especially a undead demon DL is something terryfing to think about.
Especially an undead DL under Ethric's control. :sweat:
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 18 Apr 2006, 12:47

Very droll, I'm sure ;)
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 18 Apr 2006, 17:02

Ah, the lich has come to see how the interview came out.
Grah!

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 18 Apr 2006, 18:46

Well not to be boring, but it IS a complete fabrication. I bloody well wasn't loosing, my cities were smaller but oh so much more efficient in industry and research and I if I'd wanted him dead I'd make a huuuge army in 3 turns, just so you know it, hah!

:tonguehands:
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Apr 2006, 21:12

Well if there really was a game and he did have bigger cities then it's not a COMPLETE fabrication. :devil:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Apr 2006, 13:48

a55a55in wrote:Haha....

Good one, *Dodge another taunting from Kalah*
Sounds to me like someones jealous and is trying desperatelly to get an interview
ThunderTitan wrote:As soon as he find out where I live and does whatever he did to DL. Poor DL, didn't realize that demons don't stand a chance against undead...
Um,you were saying?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Apr 2006, 14:07

Right, I belive you zombie man.

I belive GC will soon be joining the club of the talked to. :devious:

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 19 Apr 2006, 14:10

Ooh, I'm shaking :hoo:
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Apr 2006, 16:33

ThunderTitan wrote:Right, I belive you zombie man.
Ooohhh!My tummy hearts!It makes weird noises!Ill have to eat someone to calm it down! :devil:

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 19 Apr 2006, 18:44

Wait a minute, was that TT and DL scwabbeling, how amusing to find DL can keep his minions under control.
Gaidal Cain wrote: Ooh, I'm shaking :hoo:
Yeah, that's exactly what I'd think about that 'threat'.
Grah!

Return to “Campfire”