Movies

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Jul 2010, 14:27

Page 61.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Jul 2010, 06:39

So this "bug" is just an excuse to pad your postcount, innit.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 07 Jul 2010, 10:27

With over 12K posts... I don't think he needs an excuse.

Gamers don't grow old. We just level up.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Jul 2010, 10:32

If I wanted to spam, I'd just reopen the RotC.

So, how do you guys feel about MGM? There'll be no new Bond movie, and The Hobbit is probably going down too ...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Jul 2010, 11:06

And if there's one thing we're missing is Bond films...

As for the Hobbit... just get Peter Jackson to direct it, like he should have from the start.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 09 Jul 2010, 20:03

Watching The Librarian on TV. Quite amusing. Light entertainment. Sort of Indiana Jones and Relic Hunter meet comedy hour.

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 10 Jul 2010, 11:59

Saw the new Predator movie last night. This one makes up for those dreadful Pred vs Alien flops. This one gets back to the 'roots' of what made the first Predator movie so memorable. Soldiers and bad asses stomping around in a hot steamy jungle, panicking and getting picked off one by one. Lots of big guns, things blowing up, big ugly monsters, lots of 'money shots' of the Pred's 'growling' for us. Not a lot of time wasted on unimportant things like plot or character development. Just enough to give you a little sense of who the players are, not enough to write their bios. We didn't go to see a chick flick - this is Monsters and Guns and things blowing up! HU Rah!

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 10 Jul 2010, 17:51

Went to Shrek Forever After 3D. It was pretty much fun. If you wondered what happened when Shrek ws never born, go chack it out :)!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Jul 2010, 20:16

ScarlettP wrote:Saw the new Predator movie last night. This one makes up for those dreadful Pred vs Alien flops.
Anyone else care to confirm this movie as being worth seeing?1

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 11 Jul 2010, 21:55

Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 65% approval rating.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10012256-predators/
Consensus: After a string of subpar sequels, this bloody, action-packed reboot takes the Predator franchise back to its testosterone-fueled roots.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 11 Jul 2010, 22:18

New Predator-movie? Comparable to the first one I take it, the second was a bit meh. Never seen any others.

Kaoom hear! Kill mie, aI'm heear! :D
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Jul 2010, 23:12

:D

Kommååån, dooo iiiit!

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 12 Jul 2010, 06:48

I went to Shrek Forever After 3D a few days ago. It was pretty funny, but not like the first 2 movies. A pretty epic last movie, worth to watch :)!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 12 Jul 2010, 09:57

THE Epic 'Last Movie MUST see' is Toy Story 4. If you have ever lived, loved a friend and lost him or her when life takes you in different directions, you will cry like a baby. So take some tissues. This movie beautifully ties up the story of Andy's toys. It's funny, it's occasionally creepy, and its moving.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Jul 2010, 01:03

Superman/Doomsday is on. Properly made cartoon. :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jul 2010, 08:18

Page 62 i guess.

You guys really should start fixing the forum before they announce HoMMVI and we get flooded with newbs and returning fans again.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 14 Jul 2010, 14:06

The forum is all right, it's the integration with the main site that's causing this. We're still discussing a potential renovation but it's a daunting task.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Jul 2010, 15:14

The integration is affecting parts of the forum that aren't on the main site?! Bummer...

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 17 Jul 2010, 11:47

Saw Despicable Me last night. Much funnier than I expected. It normally seems like movies that get hyped a lot - and this one was on the talk show circuit for a week - don't live up to it. Often, the funniest parts of the movie end up being shown on the clips. Not so with this one. Very cute! A couple of sweet "Ahhhh...." moments with the kids, but no full blown tear jerker moments like Toy Story had.

For the technical geeks in the group, there is even a little nod to the fact that if you steal the moon, there will be no more tides. The Plot Hole Spotter in me loved that. It was quick, but it was there.

We saw it in 2D, not 3D. It's free if we see the 2D version because we do a lot of promotional work with the theater. The main office of the theater chain dictated "No Free Passes for 3D movies - EVER". I didn't see that much that would have benefited from the 3D except in the amusement park... and that was very small... or maybe some of the parts with his crazy 'car'. At the end, just as the credits are rolling, they tossed in a few of the Minions playing '3D tricks' like reaching out into the audience, extending a measuring tape and sticking a ladder out. Those would have all been very fun in 3D - but not worth $12 each to see it.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Jul 2010, 08:49

The Mighty Thor:

[img]http://media2.slashfilm.com/slashfilm/i ... FB1DBF.jpg[/img]

Frankly i think they went a bit too far with the shiny... these aren't the Olympians, the Aesir should have more unpolished stonework and be somewhat spartan in their designs. And have armour made in a more norse style, with more chainmail and furs.

Return to “Campfire”