Movies

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Jun 2009, 14:17

Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 24 Jun 2009, 19:29

ThunderTitan wrote:Nick Cage you say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIvHVIMAEks
WTF?
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jun 2009, 07:23

Borsuc wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote:Nick Cage you say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIvHVIMAEks
WTF?
Haven't you heard?! Bee's are where it's at right now:

"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 18 Jul 2009, 00:18

Watched Brüno, and what a dahm funny mvie it is once again. Sasha Baron Cohen did it again, pissing people of, going over the edge, making people insane. Just a brilliant movie, again...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 24 Jul 2009, 19:49

Just saw the new Harry Potter movie... my reaction is "meh". Although it has some really good moments, I also missed some critical scenes I had been looking forward to. It bothered me particularly how this instalment entitled "The Half-Blood Prince" gives so little time and attention to the riddle of who this mysterious person is. It's like the movie tries to squeeze in a small scene about every aspect of the book, instead of focusing on the important ones.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Jul 2009, 06:46

Well they did only had 2 1/2 hours for it... but Snape's declaration at the end should have been toned way down with the removal of any real focus on the mystery.

And i saw Public Enemies too... it was pretty good, but the camera was too realistic/documetary, and when the action got going it was a bit too confusing...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Jul 2009, 22:41

There should have been a proper fight when Snape was leaving the castle. They didn't have to add more time for that...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 02 Aug 2009, 01:08

Seven Pounds

I went kinda reluctant to this movie with some friends, because usually I'm not into dramas (and didn't get the chance to check the trailer before). But it ended up to be a pretty nice surprise. Quite a refreshing approach and manner of building the story, not as predictable as many other Hollywood movies are; but also without obviously exaggerated twists like some (often) self-proclaimed "cult" movies have (just for the sake of being "alternate" - to have something to brag about).

The movie manages to deliver what it was supposed to deliver (storyline, depth, emotion/thought-provoking) without giving the feeling that it's maybe "trying too hard" to get there. IMHO that makes it stand out among so many other movies which are more trying than really delivering.

Maybe it's just the subjective approach of someone who went with very low expectations to the movie... or maybe not. But my advise is to not kick it aside when you'll get a chance to see it. ;)
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 02 Aug 2009, 01:30

Kalah wrote:There should have been a proper fight when Snape was leaving the castle.

Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Aug 2009, 11:08

Now you're talking. ;)

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 04 Aug 2009, 16:11

Cradle 2 The Grave was good. I especially liked the tank at the end lol, broke a few cliches and made it different than a typical action movie. :D

I hate Romanian TV for not giving enough good movies that I would like to see though.
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Aug 2009, 15:39

Sean Connery's birthday. :)

Can you believe the guy is 79? Too bad he's retired from the game.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Sep 2009, 20:06

Just saw Final Destination 4... it was hilarious... especially the part where his intestines get sucked out his butt... i couldn't stop laughing... the only thing that would make it funnier is if they start showing Death unscrewing stuff and tipping things over in Scary Movie 1 fashion...

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 05 Oct 2009, 15:05

Is there any point in old movies on bluray vs dvd? Unless it's remastered or something I mean.
- Duke

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Oct 2009, 15:41

Yes, a new villa for the movie exec... i mean you wouldn't just let him make do with just 2-3 villas, would you?

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 05 Oct 2009, 16:44

I register your admittance of ignorance. Brave man. Anyone else?
- Duke

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Oct 2009, 17:17

Ethric wrote:Is there any point in old movies on bluray vs dvd? Unless it's remastered or something I mean.
No.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 05 Oct 2009, 17:49

About as effective as bluray on a crappy old TV, I guess :D

Just wondered if it's still "safe" to buy old movies on DVD, or if it's a waste.
- Duke

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Oct 2009, 18:11

The blu-ray experience is really only a great advantage to films with lots of graphic imagery. Like nature films, or films with lots of sky, sea or other nature stuff in it. CGI looks pretty much the same in HD as it does on standard TV, but HD is really great when it comes to re-rendering real things.

Quick browse on Amazon's blu-ray store to find some examples of films that look stunning in HD: Planet Earth, Highlander, First Blood (Rambo) should all look spectacular... Master and Commander I know looks great (I've tested the difference)...

But of course, you need to crosscheck the type of films that benefit from blu-ray HD with films you personally like... ;)

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 05 Oct 2009, 19:37

What I was thinking was that you'd need to actually film with HD-cameras or something to get fancy "graphics", so that there's nothing much to do with old movies. Wrong?
- Duke

Return to “Campfire”