Movies

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 21 Sep 2008, 14:33

That "something more" was the thing to what I've said "wow" during the watch.. that's why I liked it.

Btw I watched Resident Evil 3 yesterday.... better than the 2nd... worse than the 1st.... at least it wasn't a wasted 1,5 hour...
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 21 Sep 2008, 15:04

Muszka wrote:Btw I watched Resident Evil 3 yesterday.... better than the 2nd... worse than the 1st.... at least it wasn't a wasted 1,5 hour...
Thanks for the tip now I'm glad I only watched 1 :P
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 21 Sep 2008, 15:24

You didn't liked the 1st one? Too bad. For me it was good enough and original, what concerns the last decade's "walking-dead movie".

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 21 Sep 2008, 15:25

In fact I liked it pretty much, I even purchased the DVD. What I meant was that you said the others are worse ;)
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 21 Sep 2008, 15:39

No. The second one isn't worth watching, but it links to the third. Which is kind-of middle toward good. To be more precise the 1st is a 7 of 10, the 2nd is a 3,5 of 10 (with only one rememberable part), the 3rd is a 5, maybe 5,5 of 10. So if you have chance watch it, it worth the price of the cinema ticket. :)

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 21 Sep 2008, 20:30

I don't know, I preferred the second for some reason. The third is basically zombie slaughter in the desert and I found the zombie ravens kinda lame. Not that it would not make sense but come on.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 22 Sep 2008, 10:43

I actually liked the zombie ravens. Otherwise yours is an opinion, just like mine, and Borsuc now will certainly buy all reaming parts.. :devious:

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 22 Sep 2008, 12:05

To be honest with you guys I'm kinda tolerant to horror movies and the like, when most people find them "crap" I find them entertaining. Not great, but entertaining. I'm not gonna judge them by things that people rate dramas for example -- if I want to watch a drama I go watch a drama. I can't understand some critics, that's for sure. :)

Am I the only guy that didn't find the original Alien that good? (most critics say it's "da best" or some other stuff).

oh and I like rip offs :P

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 22 Sep 2008, 14:30

Borsuc wrote:Am I the only guy that didn't find the original Alien that good? (most critics say it's "da best" or some other stuff).
I think you have to judge Alien through the lens of time. When it was made, it was an unbelievable achievement. Unfortunately, a movie like it could never be successful today, and people watching it today for the first time would probably find it lame.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 22 Sep 2008, 16:08

Well I wasn't talking about the special effects but about the "horror" factor or entertaining factor. Usually I rate horror movies by other stuff than special effects. :)

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 22 Sep 2008, 20:32

Borsuc wrote:Am I the only guy that didn't find the original Alien that good? (most critics say it's "da best" or some other stuff).
nee... :disagree: It was good. I liked the book when I didn't had chance to see the movie. It was original as far as I know and actually is a sci-fi and not a horror movie, and as such it has less frightening elements, and more fictional elements. :)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Sep 2008, 15:46

Muszka wrote:Right now I'm watching the Mummy 3... I won't get heart-attack because of it for sure. It barely worth the time spent. The only thing to mention is there are some low to mid-grade computer tricks in it.
I thought it was one of the most dreadful movies I have ever seen. :D Appart from the poor computer effects, the storyline was jammed with bizarre figures (including those pokémon-style yetis), many different places - well, it was difficult to keep in mind that you were actually watching a Mummy movie, dunno. The actress changed - which is always bad and...ok.

I've watched Hellboy 2 and I was almost being convinced that I was, actually, watching a Harry Potter class. If it wasn't for the absence of the latter, I'd be completely sure it was. Too much farytale in that movie that it got mingled with many stuff at the same time and the villain had a very poor reason to the bad...you know, that sort of childish movie. It's the second worst movie I watched these days, losing for Mummy.

I was willingly to watch "The Mist", but I couldn't. Did anyone watch it?
:)

Alien was nice! I watched it again these days ago. Of course, it's not scary as it was at that time, but it's always a pleasure watching it. I also watched The Terminator 2 and Predator last week. They were nice!
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 25 Sep 2008, 16:04

I'm not wasting any more words for the Mummy 3, but Hellboy 2 as OK for me. The villain wasn't a bad guy, he was just derailed by his past. Even more, I think that he was a better person than the majority of those people whom Hellboy saved. Evil guys don't really sacrifice themselves for their sister.

I heard good things about "The Mist". But don't know anything else.
Panda wrote:Alien was nice! I watched it again these days ago. Of course, it's not scary as it was at that time, but it's always a pleasure watching it. I also watched The Terminator 2 and Predator last week. They were nice!
Nostalgia? great movies.. all of them.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 25 Sep 2008, 16:05

Loved terminator 2 :D
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 25 Sep 2008, 16:12

I liked all the 3, and probably will the other ones too, since the producer will be Andrew Vajna. At least it seems so now.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 25 Sep 2008, 16:30

Terminator movies are good, I've got all of them on DVD :devious:

The Descent is another cool horror movie I have on DVD :P

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 25 Sep 2008, 16:47

Borsuc wrote:Well I wasn't talking about the special effects but about the "horror" factor or entertaining factor. Usually I rate horror movies by other stuff than special effects. :)
I wasn't really talking about special effects, either.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Sep 2008, 19:42

I see there's going to be a Pirates of the Caribbean 4... :disagree:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 26 Sep 2008, 01:12

Where exactly? I could find nothing on the IMDb.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Sep 2008, 01:24

That's because they know nothing, and I know everything.

P4: "Inspired by a carousel" (possible title)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “Campfire”