Movies

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 03 Nov 2013, 01:14

^^Box sets might work out to be a better deal?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 03 Nov 2013, 10:13

Probably not, since there will probably never be one, come to think of it. Anyway, he's done a lot of stuff, not all of it good. Think I'll stick with the good stuff, and some films I'm curious about. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Movies

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Dec 2015, 21:51

I just watched the new Star Wars movie and it's awesome. Much better than the utter rubbish that were Episodes I-III. :)

Unlike Episode I-III, they're using actors that were hired for their acting talent rather than their reputations, and they're doing quite well. Just like in the original movies, they're talking naturally rather than theatrically, so it seems more real.

Unlike Episode I-III, they have a real focus on character development. They aren't bringing in dozens of new faces that can only be portrayed in a shallow manner, they're only bringing in a few new ones and focusing on telling their story and developing the backdrop. The main characters will return for the sequels, much like in the original films. That gives us time to follow each one of them over time and form an emotional bond. If you aren't sure what I'm talking about, what can you tell me of Jar-Jar Binks, other than that he's clumsy? What is his motivation, his wishes and desires; what is his history and his personality? What can you tell me of Qui-Gon Jinn, except that he's a jedi? In the new films, you are being told piece by piece, putting the puzzle together and gradually getting to know the main characters well. That's a very good start.

Unlike Episode I-III, the new films aren't a complete CGI-fest. The effects that are used, are better (to be expected, with tech improvements) and look more real. But you don't get the sense that the actors are talking to green screens all the time; they're running around on real planets and inside real structures.

On the whole, a really successful reboot that only promises more good stuff to come. :)
Please don't let them mess this up ... :beg:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 20 Feb 2016, 19:30

Just watched movie about movie "Big Boys Gone Bananas!" That's really something. Money vs truth, absolutely the best part is in the end. When there are running final titles, there's that last scene running in the frame.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 27 Apr 2016, 18:27

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 27 Apr 2016, 18:43

Aha. Well, we already know who kills who. Just watch "The dark knight returns". :)

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 30 Apr 2016, 14:39

Thanks but I prefer this confrontation. ;)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 14 May 2016, 16:47

There will be new "Ghost in the Shell" movie ..and probably in USA, with Scarlett Johnasson as a Mayor. See

At least we have the original. :)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “Campfire”