Movies

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 08 Apr 2010, 11:17

Saw "How to Train your Dragon" two weeks ago. Can't seem to get Ethric and Kalah out of my mind.

Gamers don't grow old. We just level up.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 08 Apr 2010, 16:09

Because we are so unforgettable, right? Well, at least me, don't know about whatshisname :D
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Apr 2010, 20:56

Who's a dragon? Are you talking about my breath or something?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 08 Apr 2010, 21:56

ScarlettP wrote:Saw "How to Train your Dragon" two weeks ago. Can't seem to get Ethric and Kalah out of my mind.
Is it because of that two-headed dragon or sth? :p
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 10 Apr 2010, 11:02

*giggle* No, I was just wondering how my two favorite Viking boys were getting along. Had to come check up on them. If I stay away (playing WoW) to long, they might forget about little old me.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 May 2010, 17:02

Watched that Genghis Khan movie and G.I. Joe.

G.I. Joe was not that bad. It seems I was expecting a real junk of a movie. Genghis Khan was rather amusing - I was expecting a bit more action, though.

Right now I'm just waiting for Shrek. There's no other movie that I really want to watch.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 11 May 2010, 22:55

Saw Ironman 2 last Friday. Still smiling!

(Don't forget to sit through the *unbelievably long* credits. You get an Easter Egg.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 May 2010, 06:34

Batman & Robin was on yesterday. Worst. Movie. Ever. Man, it's bad - full of cheesy lines and bad acting. No wonder they decided to "go in a different direction".
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 May 2010, 07:06

ScarlettP wrote:Don't forget to sit through the *unbelievably long* credits. You get an Easter Egg.
Yeah, that was awesome and well worth avoiding spoilers about it.

Kenneth Branagh better deliver some Shakespearian style sh*t.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 12 May 2010, 10:48

Oh yes. I always seem to enjoy a movie better if I avoid the hype about it. I don't want to know what happens before I get there, I want experience it all fresh and new for myself. If it's a good movie, based on a book, I go get the book because I know it will probably be even better. If I read and enjoyed the book first, I normally go see the movie... but also keep in mind that the movie is NOT the book and try to enjoy it as a separate experience instead of constantly complaining "They left out *THAT* part."

Now that CGI has come such a long way, hubby and I are wondering if they will ever make movies based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonriders of Pern' series. Avatar has now proven that they have the technology to do the dragon riding scenes. Brokeback Mountain proved you can have a box office block buster with same sex partners in it. Besides, the books sort of glazed over that part very well, the movies can always 'leave that part out' if it still makes people uncomfortable.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 14 May 2010, 22:17

Shaun of the Dead is on. Luvvin' it. Really funny.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 15 May 2010, 13:43

ThunderTitan wrote:
ScarlettP wrote:Don't forget to sit through the *unbelievably long* credits. You get an Easter Egg.
Yeah, that was awesome and well worth avoiding spoilers about it.
Err... Are you just being sarcastic again or did I miss something there? What was so awesome about that? I found it way more worth it to sit through the credits of the first Iron Man movie. The introduction of SLJ's character was more cool & unexpected than whatever we got now at the end of IM2. Otherwise it's a pretty well done sequel.
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 15 May 2010, 18:53

Zamolxis wrote:...was more cool & unexpected than whatever we got now at the end of IM2.
Of course it was cooler, but that's just because it was the first "secret ending" to the recent Marvel movies. After Iron Man, we got The Incredible Hulk and X-Men Origins: Wolverine secret endings, so an Iron Man 2 secret ending was pretty much a given. Hence, you (we?) feel less surprised.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 15 May 2010, 18:59

And, if perchance, you didn't know which character is being introduced in the Easter egg, I'm sure I, or half the other members of the board, will PM you the answer.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 16 May 2010, 10:30

Ah yes... there must be the reason I didn't see anything special in that ending. I admit that even if you'd PM me the character name, it wouldn't ring a bell probably. I'm not that familiar with the Iron Man comics (I don't know if they were ever popular in Europe, at least not when I was young), so everything in the movies is quite fresh to me. :p

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 May 2010, 13:48

Zamolxis wrote: I admit that even if you'd PM me the character name, it wouldn't ring a bell probably.
I hope that's not true or i'll have to mock you for being ignorant...

The thing you saw in the after-credits scene has name that should be instantly recognized by any one of our northern european forumites right away, as would be the name of the owner, no Marvel character knowledge required.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 17 May 2010, 14:58

Going to see Prince of Persia on thursday...very excited! :oex:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 17 May 2010, 15:03

Oh, is it going to be a global release or just on your country? I'm out dated. I forgot that PoP was about to be launched. :baby:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 May 2010, 16:08

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:Going to see Prince of Persia on thursday...very excited! :oex:
I wish i could be there to taste your disappointment... i bet it will be quite delicious.

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 17 May 2010, 22:29

I'm supposed to be helping the local theater do a promo for that. Any good ideas on how to decorate the lobby?

Return to “Campfire”