Random Thoughts - Second Edition

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 27 Oct 2008, 15:04

Asheera wrote:@Milla: One suggestion: maybe you should post a link to the old Introduction thread in the new one? ;)
Sure :)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Oct 2008, 07:26

I got up at 7:15 today, all awake and refreshed. First time I've done that in years.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 28 Oct 2008, 07:40

Borsuc wrote:I don't think you can change the pass/account with ftp (that means, using that protocol), it's just a file transfer protocol. Passwords are not "files" stored on the server.

But someone more inclined on networking can clear this up :D
If you gain ftp access aka root access you're winner and you're getting all. Or almost all, good security infrastructure still can stays in your way.
Ok how about this: Shouldn't the bot change the pass if it cracked it, so that the admins won't be able to transfer files anymore (and 'fix' the problem)?
If the site is cracked to that level it certainly can do that. However "majority" of security flaws is not so big. These are just unexpected things how to get around.

As for me is looking like that HC provider is using software which they adapted for their own needs (very usual ) and someone find a critical hole in that customization. Question what and where is the other one.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 28 Oct 2008, 09:59

Kalah wrote:I got up at 7:15 today, all awake and refreshed. First time I've done that in years.
Wanna trade with me, I feel like crap every moring I get up :(!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 28 Oct 2008, 11:28

I'm really nervous right now. I'm going to a follow-up on a job interview. We're gonna play a scene where I try to sell them a Global Cash card. I'm so nervous :nervous:
This is a bank for goodness sake...I really want this job... :S
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 28 Oct 2008, 11:46

Thumbs up! ;)
Although I wouldn't be able to work in bank. This would be forcing against a nature.

PS Such scene is easy! Just sold two. :-D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 28 Oct 2008, 11:59

Good luck Milla. :)
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 28 Oct 2008, 12:02

Thanx :) I figure it can't go worse than bad, and then that's that. I just wish it was over soon...
- Dragon Age Origins

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 28 Oct 2008, 12:23

The worst part is the waiting before the interview, when you're thinking at it the whole time ;)
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 28 Oct 2008, 12:24

Exactly! It's killing me right now :(
- Dragon Age Origins

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 28 Oct 2008, 13:09

Just forget about it, and let time pass. You will do fine, I'm confident of that. Good luck :)!

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 28 Oct 2008, 13:25

Yes, don't think about it that much, you'll be surprised how better it will be this way :)

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 28 Oct 2008, 14:13

Something else to think about before the interview? Well, a thought you could try and think about would be:

Skunks spraying punks who wear trunks that think they're hunks.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 28 Oct 2008, 21:13

darknessfood wrote:Just forget about it, and let time pass. You will do fine, I'm confident of that. Good luck :)!
I was sh*****g bricks when I came in. OMG! But then I just told them that I was a bit nervous and they calmed me down really nicely. Also they told me that they liked me very much the first time I was in for an interview, and that really eased my mind. Except for some minor blushing, I did alright :)

Before I could leave I had to take a test though. Questions like: what's the name of this and that minister, what's 2% of 4000, and where are the Canarie Islands located. I hope I did alright :sweat:
- Dragon Age Origins

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 28 Oct 2008, 21:24

Some of those questions are very easy (like the 2% of 4000 one) but it's quite annoying that at times when I'm nervous I answer even the easiest questions wrongly. :D

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 28 Oct 2008, 22:22

Yeah, when under presure, your mind get'sblocked somehow. That's really annoying... But nice to hear you did pretty good, I hope you get the job :)!

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 28 Oct 2008, 23:12

:) Thank you so much. I really do too. I'm just not sure of anything cause I know that there were many many applications for this job and I know they have more follow up interviews tomorrow so I don't wanna get my hopes up...

About the percentage thing, I'm pretty sure I messed up cause my mind was well...blocked as you guys say...
- Dragon Age Origins

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 28 Oct 2008, 23:18

You just have to let it go for now, and stop making yourself mad. You did everything you could, now just wait for the result :)!

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 28 Oct 2008, 23:34

You're absolutely right. I just hate being disappointed but it's really out of my hands now. Think I'm gonna go get some sleep now. Been a long day :tired:
- Dragon Age Origins

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 28 Oct 2008, 23:40

You get some sleep nighty night :)!

Return to “Campfire”