Random Thoughts - Second Edition

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 24 Oct 2008, 19:18

i COULD TOO? SO NOTHING IS WRONG WITH YOU BORSUC;;; i THINK;;;;

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 24 Oct 2008, 19:20

Damn...Caps lock :mad:

L ike to increase my post count :-D

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 24 Oct 2008, 19:25

Borsuc wrote:OMG something's going wrong with me, I could read this without copy & pasting, even my monitor doesn't have enough resolution to display properly so how did I know? :|
I can read it as well on 1280x1024 resolution. Sure, some characters are not really perfectly readable but you somehow get the word. :D
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Oct 2008, 20:38

That is.., I never ever dare to being sarcastic, certainly not. Just hinting that it's one of asocciations very likely to happens.

And happy that you dare to, because this is exactly what I would suppose. ...And I have some more asocciations tied to that too. :P
(funny and not gonna to be told here)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 25 Oct 2008, 06:16

Ok. So now I have new monitor at the table. Colors are acceptable geometry not, hopefully there's still something left to calibrate, looking forward to hp software. It's hp lp 2065. Any suggestions?

(And it's running on ATI ultra 16MB! My previous one was SyncMaster 700p+, brilliant colours, separate inputs and superb geometry also burned out and buzzing a lot.)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 25 Oct 2008, 10:47

Lord Lakely wrote:Damn...Caps lock :mad:

L ike to increase my post count :-D
So it's easier to post that than to hit 'Edit' on your previous post? What's up with you guys and post counts? What are you trying to compensate for?
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 25 Oct 2008, 11:12

@Lakely: You know, your post count may be lowered by the Admin :P

@Pol: What do you mean with "Colors are acceptable geometry not"?
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Oct 2008, 11:14

Don't mock Pol. He's a genius. He just can't speak properly. ;)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 25 Oct 2008, 11:31

I don't mock him at all, I just want to understand the problem. :)

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 25 Oct 2008, 11:47

Asheera wrote:@Pol: What do you mean with "Colors are acceptable geometry not"?
I think he means that the monitor is not properly calibrated for "projection" or "shape" or "geometry" (whatever). My CRT for example has a lot of stuff like Horizontal shape, Vertical shape, Trapez, etc... that 'distort' the image. Some of them come badly calibrated and need to be tweaked -- others come with a default setting and cannot be calibrated manually by the user (no idea if it can be done by opening the case though). You can also calibrate colors (how much of each etc), but Pol said they are acceptable so :P
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 25 Oct 2008, 11:53

Borsuc wrote:My CRT for example has a lot of stuff like Horizontal shape, Vertical shape, Trapez, etc... that 'distort' the image.
That sounds weird. I have no experience with such things so I have no idea how it looks like :D

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 25 Oct 2008, 12:13

Every monitor has such calibration (and even some video cards!), it basically represents how pixels should be plotted -- it has no idea what is "straight" by itself, this calibration is what tells it. Of course whether it allows you to modify it (you = the user) with the OSD is a different case. Most monitors don't come with such things as customizable, but are calibrated "in factory" so to speak.

Some video cards (or monitors) also support "rotation", mostly the pivot ones. If you have a widescreen, and you rotate it (physically) 90 degrees so you get a 'tall' screen, you can also customize the video card (or monitor) to display everything rotated so you don't read vertically, for example :P
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 25 Oct 2008, 18:18

Yes, this is what I'm currently doing, reading it vertically. HP LP2065 is lcd monitor with s-ips matrix, pivot, sRGB color profile and format of picture 4:3. Here's reset to factory defaults but nothing to set trapezoid and my card cannot do that. I found it quite ironic that here, where is nothing "rounded", picture would need such style of a correction. It's just a flat panel!

I loaded the color profile so I can live with that - I don't have any probe for calibrating and making it ideal, which is pity as current color gamut would be under 90% and that sounds almost ridiculous for s-ips sort of matrix.

If you are working with a lot of text, true text, pages which need to be printed then pivot is a must.

Colors of course can be set separately in individual RGB channels.

@Kalah
Mock me? Asheera? You're the guilty and your faithful undead Ethric companion. You know, yes?
:P

PS Here will be somewhere FAQ, from me, about picking the good LCD, which I did for Ceres. And in the tftcentral.co.uk you can look up which panel is equipped with what kind of matrix. Or look up type of matrix to see in what panels it can be found. TFT, MVA, PVA, IPS and just the same with N or S behind. :D (with 6bits, 8bits, 10bits and more - like EIZO - color converters, more colors - the merrier)
"We made it!"

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 25 Oct 2008, 21:28

That's fun, playing a drinking game with your girlfriend. Were playing with cards, some different stuff. Loser takes the Jäger :D!

EDIT: the loser took most Jäger, and actualy is the winner :). Winner was my sweet girlfriend, who is close to beeing TOTALY drunk, really nice :D. Myself, barely drunk :D! Men can handle alchohol SO MUCH better :P!!!!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 26 Oct 2008, 00:44

Sounds like a great game. ;)
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 26 Oct 2008, 01:24

It sure is, I'll post a littlemovie of it tommorow :)!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Oct 2008, 07:52

mmmmmno, you won't. :devious:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 26 Oct 2008, 08:17

or at least not the the scenes we'd like....
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 26 Oct 2008, 12:04

darknessfood wrote:That's fun, playing a drinking game with your girlfriend.
Was that Pol's? :tongue:

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 26 Oct 2008, 14:10

No, my girlfriend, alcoholism made me write even worse :D!

Return to “Campfire”