Random Thoughts - Second Edition

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 20 Dec 2008, 21:59

Oh I hate it when things get complicated...

Did the car stop working at some point? It's so annoying when you're far away from any town and the car stops working... :disagree:

Or maybe it was something else...

* waits for the travel blog *
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 20 Dec 2008, 22:21

Kalah wrote: I'll write ya'll a travel blog later, if you're interested.
Yes but what happened?
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 21 Dec 2008, 21:24

I'm just wondering, what are the prices for computer components in the "rich" countries? Some discussions led be to believe that in USA and other "rich" countries they are cheaper than in Romania, even though it should be the opposite since on average the Romanians earn a lot less.

This is so unfair...

My Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3 Ghz cost me around 300$. Not to mention I have seen some Quad Cores with 2000$ (yes, two thousand dollars)

Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT 512 MB was around 230$.

Around how much these two cost in the "rich" countries?
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 21 Dec 2008, 21:37

Intel core 2 duo e8400 = 170 usd

Geforce 9600 gt 512 mb = 100 usd

This is off Newegg. Retail stores are probably +100 usd for each part.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 21 Dec 2008, 21:52

Hmm, not much difference in cost if we add +100.

But I still think that they should be cheaper here... but oh well.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 22 Dec 2008, 00:37

Things are beginning to lok up again :)!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 22 Dec 2008, 09:25

God I am frustrated.

I'm debating this guy on whether global warming is occuring, and his basic argument is: cite your sources. If your sources support global warming, they're liberal sources and not to be trusted. Find other sources. If you cannot find sources, I win.

I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 22 Dec 2008, 10:44

A discussion such as the one concerning the global warming should be left to experts. Most of us are not qualified enough to give a decent opinion. However, since the majority of scientists seem to accept the idea of GW, and the business interests clearly favor the other alternative, I tend to lean towards the first option.
Oh, and never argue with a hardcore conservative. It's pointless.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 22 Dec 2008, 10:51

Banedon, just ask him when's the last time he saw a decent snowfall :) I haven't seen one in ages, and my hometown up in the mountains used to be among the coldest places in the country in winter. No white Christmas for us this year either :sad:
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 22 Dec 2008, 11:52

Veldrynus wrote:Oh, and never argue with a hardcore conservative. It's pointless.
Agreed :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Dec 2008, 12:52

Banedon wrote:cite your sources. If your sources support global warming, they're liberal sources and not to be trusted. Find other sources. If you cannot find sources, I win.
Man, i love the "if they disagree with me they must be biased" approach... there's nothing that smacks more of arseholism...

And no one in their right mind is denying GW atm, the discussion has shifted to whether or not humans are at fault or it's just a natural process the planet is going through and he should just try to adapt to it (so not curb our emissions)...
The funniest argument i heard was that a few other planets in Sol have also supposedly gotten hotter, so surely it must be the sun, the other planets that haven't gotten hotter notwithstanding...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 22 Dec 2008, 17:32

It's all just a scam that Al Gore has inflicted upon the world because he was miffed over not becoming president.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 22 Dec 2008, 20:31

Random Thought: why do the Americans use weird units of measurements like feet, yards, miles, instead of the 'normal' and more usual metric scale? The thing is, most games use feet, etc, as well for some reason.

Just curious :D

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 22 Dec 2008, 20:46

Because we don't let them use OUR cool metric scale!

Stick to your inches, stupid imperialist pig-dogs!
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 22 Dec 2008, 21:08

I think it's for the same reason they won't get rid of the penny, or the dollar bill. They're backwardly. :tongue:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 23 Dec 2008, 10:13

I've cut my hair. No more pony-tail...
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Ed Robinson
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ed Robinson » 23 Dec 2008, 13:06

From an American Conservative:

1) When did we become a "Rich" country? Our Government just happens to own better printing equipment to make more dollars. In this end this only makes the dollar worth less, see the exchange rate vs. the Euro.

2) I have been praying for some global warming here in the Northeast. This morning was zero when I walked the dog. It snowed all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

3) We use Feet, inches and dollars because these are the unmits of measure God intended for us to use. Besides that, why would we want to go and learn a strange unit of measure when we have Convertme.com?

Any other questions? Merry Christmas to all...,

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Dec 2008, 15:52

Ed Robinson wrote: 1) When did we become a "Rich" country? Our Government just happens to own better printing equipment to make more dollars. In this end this only makes the dollar worth less, see the exchange rate vs. the Euro.
Did the Dollar stop going up when i wasn't looking again?!

2) I have been praying for some global warming here in the Northeast. This morning was zero when I walked the dog. It snowed all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Yeah, i heard that it's cold in Antarctica too... (and zero in December... yeah, that's incredibly low...)

Ed Robinson wrote:3) We use Feet, inches and dollars because these are the unmits of measure God intended for us to use.
It's a good thing He took time out of his busy schedule just to make sure you all have the right units of measurement (even if they where already used up by the British...)
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 23 Dec 2008, 16:50

Ed Robinson wrote:1) When did we become a "Rich" country? Our Government just happens to own better printing equipment to make more dollars. In this end this only makes the dollar worth less, see the exchange rate vs. the Euro.
No, it's not about the value of the dollar, but how much an average citizen earns per month in the same currency (doesn't matter, be it dollar, euro, or something else) versus some other 'poorer' countries.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 23 Dec 2008, 19:46

Wikipedia is begging for money right before Christmas, a time during which we usually support families in need. It just doesn't feel right.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Return to “Campfire”