Do you play heroes or might and magic anymore?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules

Do you play any of the might and magic games anymore?

Yes
74%
No
26%

Total votes: 34

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 13 Aug 2008, 06:51

No. I keep meaning to download it again for my new computer, but I never seem to get around to it.

My gaming hours are filled nowadays with Fall from Heaven, the fantasy mod of Civilization IV. It has a lot in common with Heroes, but far more depth. It is a solid, well designed mod that has attracted a fanatical player base and a corps of modders of its own. There are maybe a dozen of these modmods that expand and enrich gameplay. Modding is easy, since everything is in XML and Python, and there is a worldbuilder, editor, and several map generators. The AI is very good and the game performs well on average machines. (E.g. a save/load cycle takes about 30 seconds.) And the player community is quite diverse, mature, and cordial.

If you'd care to drop by, the URL is http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Ed Robinson
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ed Robinson » 13 Aug 2008, 16:12

Just an observation, the snow scenes in M&M VI are really outstanding. My wife, who is not a gamer, was really taken with them. I really hated to end the snow. HOMM III has some great scenery in snow. I personally find them the most pleasing.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 13 Aug 2008, 21:39

Caradoc wrote:My gaming hours are filled nowadays with Fall from Heaven, the fantasy mod of Civilization IV. It has a lot in common with Heroes, but far more depth. It is a solid, well designed mod that has attracted a fanatical player base and a corps of modders of its own. There are maybe a dozen of these modmods that expand and enrich gameplay. Modding is easy, since everything is in XML and Python, and there is a worldbuilder, editor, and several map generators. The AI is very good and the game performs well on average machines. (E.g. a save/load cycle takes about 30 seconds.) And the player community is quite diverse, mature, and cordial.

If you'd care to drop by, the URL is http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190.
Hey, thanks a lot for the tip! :tsup:
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 14 Aug 2008, 08:53

And we're getting a new version tomorrow :-D
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Swordmaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Swordmaster » 15 Aug 2008, 00:08

Ed Robinson wrote:Just an observation, the snow scenes in M&M VI are really outstanding. My wife, who is not a gamer, was really taken with them. I really hated to end the snow. HOMM III has some great scenery in snow. I personally find them the most pleasing.
Very true. I agree.

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 30 Aug 2008, 11:59

Might & Magic not anymore (didn't work on my XP)

Heroes 3 with WOG yes,

Heroes 4 yes, any other, no.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 30 Aug 2008, 22:33

Boardguest! It's been a looooong time! :D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Return to “Campfire”