Music you hate...

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
LordHoborgXVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LordHoborgXVII » 18 Feb 2006, 23:54

Currently there is exactly only one rap song that I can bear listening to, and that is the Star Wars Gangsta Rap. Partly because it's Star Wars, and partly because it's mocking the rap style, it's actually not half bad. It's amusing, I shall put it that way.

A55a55in
Sometimes I think it's not the music I hate, but the people who listens to it. Just hate people saying "rap is da best...", "You're a wuss if you don't listen to hip-hop...", "that guy is so outdated cuz he doesn't listen to rap..."
Yes! Precisely. Any music supported by people whot think only their kind of music is worth listening to is horrible. But, of course, your last line is incorrect. It should read: "Dat guy so outdated cuz he don lisen ta rap..."

Infiltrator
Trance, that music is tailored for drug addicts.
Perfectly worded. If there is one kind of music listening to should be a capital offence, it is Trance.
I don't like Death Metal and any other "strong" type of metal, it just isn't music anymore
Yes, if the music is horrible and the singing is all just hoarse screamind, I'll have to agree.

Of course sometimes having this type of music in the middle of a song, for a short while, it can be done very well. Only when the whole song is like this does it become ridiculous. Look at 'Ichirin no Hana' by High and Mighty Color, it has some death-metal parts at the very end and in the middle, but the song on whe whole is beautiful despite that. Then again, High and Mighty Color does tend to do some odd things like that, taking some music that would be horrible and making a good song involving it. It's probably their lead soloist's voice, I'd have to say, and the fact that the words are unintelligible anyway regardless of the music, and that the lyrics are always understandable because they're written out in text...Image

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 19 Feb 2006, 02:12

LordHoborgXVII wrote: "Dat guy so outdated cuz he don lisen ta rap..."
I think it should be read: Dat guy so outdated cuz he don lisen ta Crap
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 19 Feb 2006, 07:50

vaudy wrote:I'm from the era of the original boy band, New Kids on the Block, and I hated them
Same era. Born in 1970. Still love music from my youth but all in all the 80s was not a "great" decade in music compared to others.

I catch myself singing or humming a tune and realize it's some pop song that I detested years ago. It's an embarrassing moment when I look around for any witness (I would have to kill them).
Infiltrator wrote:I certainly haven't seen any wedding like that.
I was a mobile DJ for ten years. I have seen every kind of wedding. I've seen a man have to kick his way out of a pig trough because his younger sister got married before him (twice actually - same guy - two sisters weddings). I've seen the groom pass out into the wedding cake. I've seen the bride and bridesmaids do a costume change from wedding and bridesmaids dresses to short skirts and Chucks (Bride in white - bridesmaids in pink - very cute actually). And about thirty other extremely interesting and somewhat disturbing things.

What do you think the Macarena, Hand Jive, Electric Slide, Shout, Twist, and YMCA are? Hand/finger/foot motions, etc.

And if by saying "primate" you are insinuating some racial slur then I don't think that's funny.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 19 Feb 2006, 11:46

When I said primate motions I didn't mean any of the songs other then Rap and sub-genres, I'm sorry if you understood otherwise.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 19 Feb 2006, 16:34

Infiltrator wrote:When I said primate motions I didn't mean any of the songs other then Rap and sub-genres, I'm sorry if you understood otherwise.
No S*** Shurlock. I'm the one who said that songs other than rap include the "motions."

And if by saying "primate" you are insinuating some racial slur then I don't think that's funny.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Feb 2006, 17:50

A primate (L. prima, first) is any member of the biological order Primates, the group that contains all lemurs, monkeys, apes, and humans.
So they're dancing like humans? Damn, thats not good. :rolleyes:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Feb 2006, 18:01

What?!How dare they?! :grumpy:

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 19 Feb 2006, 18:16

gravyluvr wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:When I said primate motions I didn't mean any of the songs other then Rap and sub-genres, I'm sorry if you understood otherwise.
No S*** Shurlock. I'm the one who said that songs other than rap include the "motions."

And many "races" play rap. Thus there was no racial slur. End of that discussion.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 19 Feb 2006, 18:27

Neither have I, you just happened to misunderstand it the last 3 times I kept telling you that.
Is it a new trend to start seeing racism where there isn't any? I hate Eminem music as well and his moves are as primate as any other rappers' moves no matter the color/race.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Feb 2006, 18:32

Infiltrator wrote: I hate Eminem music as well and his moves are as primate as any other rappers' moves no matter the color/race.
He did learn to imitate human moves pretty good for whatever he is.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Feb 2006, 19:07

Well all those scratching and holding between the crotch and flailing around with hands doesnt look too human.Well,maybe a retarded one.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 19 Feb 2006, 19:23

DaemianLucifer wrote:Well all those scratching and holding between the crotch and flailing around with hands doesnt look too human.Well,maybe a retarded one.
Uhm I thought this was about music...

Anyways, music I hate.. Trance, Hardcore and the likes. only 1 or 2 of them are actually good.

I dislike rap and the likes - Hip hop is so broad that there is undoubtly some form that I like. I mostly dislike Pop, and though I love Rock and Alternative rock, I hate either Soft Rock and think Heavy Metal, Gothic or Metal is stupid / over done.

That's about it. I think. At least what I hate/dislike...
Grah!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Feb 2006, 19:28

DaemianLucifer wrote:Well,maybe a retarded one.
So he look's like only more that half of humanity.

@Thelonious:

If i'm not mistaken, rap is the talking part, and Hip-Hop is the whole style.

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 19 Feb 2006, 23:52

[quote="ThunderTitan"

If i'm not mistaken, rap is the talking part, and Hip-Hop is the whole style.[/quote]
Yup. Technically, hp hop is rap (talking in rhyme to a beat), graf, beats and beat dancing iirc.

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 20 Feb 2006, 01:16

That's right, rap is only the way of "singing" it.

I don't like rap either, as several other persons here, but there are exceptions. Actually I liked a few "rap" songs, very specific ones. One had a celtic background music, another classical music, another was more like a rock ballad and one was mixed with some good hard-rock. However, none was the stereotyped rap, the one based on hip-hop. So to be accurate, I'd say that I don't like hip-hop.

I usually don't like punk too much and most traditional asian musics and songs are a bit too weird for me.

I must also say that I find old operas boring to death. There's usually 1 to 2 good minutes every two hours.

I also disliked boys-bands and girls-bands when they were still existing, as well as manele stuff (thanks to Vel who made me listen to that thing, I had a good laugh).

I also hate recent musical comedies (I hope that's the right english name for it).

I think that's all I don't like...

It's hard not to be off-topic talking about what I like instead 8|
Image Spiritu Insanum

Friend_of_Gunnar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Friend_of_Gunnar » 20 Feb 2006, 04:24

Wildbear wrote:I must also say that I find old operas boring to death. There's usually 1 to 2 good minutes every two hours.
I've had the same experience. If you gather all those '1 to 2 minutes' from every opera in last 400 years though it makes for an impressive double album. I did that and it's one of my favourite collections.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 20 Feb 2006, 04:56

Infiltrator wrote:Is it a new trend to start seeing racism where there isn't any? I hate Eminem music as well and his moves are as primate as any other rappers' moves no matter the color/race.
Sorry I misunderstood, but it did read that way.

Let the music hating continue...
:devil:

LordHoborgXVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LordHoborgXVII » 20 Feb 2006, 21:29

a55a55in wrote: I think it should be read: Dat guy so outdated cuz he don lisen ta Crap
Actually, Crap is a very different type of music entirely. It is a portmanteau, and its most proper definition is 'a combination of the Contry and Rap genres' (Contry being the American spelling of the otherwise English word 'Country'). It combines the first letter of the former and the last three letters of the latter, in a manner similar to 'politburo.'

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 20 Feb 2006, 21:41

LordHoborgXVII wrote:(Contry being the American spelling of the otherwise English word 'Country')
Phew, I musta been sleeping in class(there's a surprise...). I don't remember it ever being spelled c-o-n-t-r-y. :snore:
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Feb 2006, 22:23

Give it a couple of years. Or shoud i say, cople. :D

Return to “Campfire”